No fear

fansince78

I understand the apprehension some fans feel about the playoffs. Many have posted threads about how they felt after playoffs in the past. Then there are those who are not going to believe in the team because they don't have this or that player and the smaller emotional investment they put into the game, the smaller the risk if the team loses.

I have seen every playoff loss and a Superbowl loss against a team that made the Falcons look like they did not belong on the same field with the winner. There are similarities in this post season to every post season the Falcons have played before with the added emotion that the Eagles may be one of the teams that come to town. There is a lot to be afraid of if you are the type of person to look for things to fear.

There are no bad teams in line to come to Atlanta. Some would say the Seahawks, but if they beat the Saints, I would not see them as being that bad. The Falcons are where they are because they beat bad teams when they should have and beat good teams when they had to. There are no bad teams left between them and the Superbowl and if they get there, they will probably face a team most would call a dynasty. Nothing will be easy about it, no matter who they play.

One thing I can say very confidently is that no matter what happens, this team has played the season with every ounce of heart they have. I think they can beat any other team. I am going to put every ounce of my heart as a fan into supporting them in the playoffs. Some say that is risky, but I don't get that. I don't plan to bet the farm on the games and if the Falcons lose, the sun will rise the following day and life will go on. If they win, the only thing different in the off season for me will be what my shirts and hats say.

Great post.

The teams in the playoffs are there for a reason, they won a lot of games in the NFL (strike Seattle) which is tough. This can only mean one thing...the teams that are left have played hard and will be tough to beat regardless of who they are. We wanted this and so now it's time to just embrace it w/o fear and enjoy the ride for what it is.

I understand the apprehension some fans feel about the playoffs. Many have posted threads about how they felt after playoffs in the past. Then there are those who are not going to believe in the team because they don't have this or that player and the smaller emotional investment they put into the game, the smaller the risk if the team loses.

I have seen every playoff loss and a Superbowl loss against a team that made the Falcons look like they did not belong on the same field with the winner. There are similarities in this post season to every post season the Falcons have played before with the added emotion that the Eagles may be one of the teams that come to town. There is a lot to be afraid of if you are the type of person to look for things to fear.

There are no bad teams in line to come to Atlanta. Some would say the Seahawks, but if they beat the Saints, I would not see them as being that bad. The Falcons are where they are because they beat bad teams when they should have and beat good teams when they had to. There are no bad teams left between them and the Superbowl and if they get there, they will probably face a team most would call a dynasty. Nothing will be easy about it, no matter who they play.

One thing I can say very confidently is that no matter what happens, this team has played the season with every ounce of heart they have. I think they can beat any other team. I am going to put every ounce of my heart as a fan into supporting them in the playoffs. Some say that is risky, but I don't get that. I don't plan to bet the farm on the games and if the Falcons lose, the sun will rise the following day and life will go on. If they win, the only thing different in the off season for me will be what my shirts and hats say.

Fear is for the weak, dont hold back fans. Our team hasn't, BELIEVE!!!!!! INVEST!!!!!!! Great post and GO FALCONS!!!!

I don't think anyone is fearful. Fear is not healthy anyways. I think our team and our fans are rarin' to go. I love having a first round bye too. that means we play w/ fresh legs and a bit more preparation. Fear not my friends. The worst thing that can happen is we lose at some point. The best thing that can happen is we go all the way! We are proud and excited about this team. I can't wait. The good thing is the pool of teams will be reduced by 50% by the time we get to one of them. Thats huge. Lets take it one game at a time and execute.

Go Birds!!!

I don't think anyone is fearful. Fear is not healthy anyways. I think our team and our fans are rarin' to go. I love having a first round bye too. that means we play w/ fresh legs and a bit more preparation. Fear not my friends. The worst thing that can happen is we lose at some point. The best thing that can happen is we go all the way! We are proud and excited about this team. I can't wait. The good thing is the pool of teams will be reduced by 50% by the time we get to one of them. Thats huge. Lets take it one game at a time and execute.

Go Birds!!!

Exactly.