On Selling Game Tickets to the "Enemy."

Lately there have been a little hand-wringing from some posters regarding the possibility of some Falcons ticket holders selling the Divisional Game tickets to fans of the opposing team (to be announced.) No need to fret about that. I assure you, not too many of those tickets will be sold by "Falcons Fans."

As I write, StubHub currently lists 7,465 individual NFC Divisional Game tickets being offered for sale for the January 15 game in the Georgia Dome. Of these, there are 89 blocks of tickets of 10 or more seats being offered in various sections. The largest block: someone is offering 23 tickets in Section 314, Row 21 for $216.00/each. I actually don't know who, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the "someones" offering the large blocks of tickets was the Falcons Ticket Office itself.

All this raises an interesting question: As faithful a Falcons Fan as you are, can you truthfully say that there isn't a (possibly unrealistic) price you could sell your tickets for at which point you'll convince yourself, "Well, I really can see more on TV, won't have to buck the crowds, etc."? Would a 175% profit entice you? 200% profit? 300%?

Maybe youd rather personally attend the big game than to sell your Section 349 seats (face price: $89/each) for (hypothetically) $356/each ($267/each profit, less StubHub commission.) Good for you, and may God love you. But obviously a large number of people holding 7,465 tickets have accepted the challenge.

Edited by Falcon Freddie

Concisely expressed, what is your primary point?

It's right here...

Lately there have been a little hand-wringing from some posters regarding the possibility of some Falcons ticket holders selling the Divisional Game tickets to fans of the opposing team (to be announced.) No need to fret about that. I assure you, not too many of those tickets will be sold by "Falcons Fans."

Too many people are busy bodies and worry about Season Ticket Holders selling tickets to ONLY Falcons fans, when in reality the Falcons sell tickets to the general public. Not to mention that there are times when STH have to get rid of their tickets and don't care who they go to as long as they come out whole on the cost of the tickets.

Concisely expressed, what is your primary point?

A number of points, but one I'd like answered: Who has 23 play-off seats in a single row of a single section to sell and how did this unknown entity come to possess them? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Also, everyone has a price - for their tickets. What's yours?

Edited by Falcon Freddie

A number of points, but one I'd like answered: Who has 23 play-off seats in a single row of a single section to sell and how did this unknown entity come to possess them? Inquiring minds would like to know.

It's either the Falcons or ticket brokers that worked the Ticketmaster System. I WANT to believe fans lined up online and in person to grab the Playoff tickets in 10 minutes but the logical side of my brain knows that it's easy to work Ticketmaster.com and buy WAAAAY more tickets than they typically allow in a single purchase.

Personally, I go to every game I can. Season tickets and post season tickets are a strain on my already tight budget. I made it to 6 of the 8 games this year, but sold my 3 tickets for the Bucs and Panthers game on NFL Ticket Exchange. If I can't go, I want to get as much as possible for my tickets, even if it is face value. For Carolina, it meant $50 per ticket instead of the $29 face value.

While I hate the thought of an oppposing team's fan sitting in my seats, sometimes I have to take that risk. Before hating me, please realize that I live in Greenville, SC and I can't afford to come to EVERY SINGLE GAME.

So, to answer your question, there really isn't a $ value on it. If I can go to the game, I'm there. If I can't, I try to get as much money as I can for my tickets.

Personally, I go to every game I can. Season tickets and post season tickets are a strain on my already tight budget. I made it to 6 of the 8 games this year, but sold my 3 tickets for the Bucs and Panthers game on NFL Ticket Exchange. If I can't go, I want to get as much as possible for my tickets, even if it is face value. For Carolina, it meant $50 per ticket instead of the $29 face value.

While I hate the thought of an oppposing team's fan sitting in my seats, sometimes I have to take that risk. Before hating me, please realize that I live in Greenville, SC and I can't afford to come to EVERY SINGLE GAME.

So, to answer your question, there really isn't a $ value on it. If I can go to the game, I'm there. If I can't, I try to get as much money as I can for my tickets.

That's the feeling every STH has IMO, those that are doing the complaining have never owned Season Tickets. I've missed a few games over the last 3 years and I know I've made back (after the cost of the tickets) at least $700, that money of course was funneled right back into the following years Season Tickets, or this year into Playoff Tickets.

That's the feeling every STH has IMO, those that are doing the complaining have never owned Season Tickets. I've missed a few games over the last 3 years and I know I've made back (after the cost of the tickets) at least $700, that money of course was funneled right back into the following years Season Tickets, or this year into Playoff Tickets.

Good point. Sometimes we sell tickets because we have to. It would be stupid to sell them for less than what people are willing to pay, especially if you need the money.

I'm all for giving tickets away or selling them at face value if it's reasonable for someone to do. That's just not the case for most of us.

Good point. Sometimes we sell tickets because we have to. It would be stupid to sell them for less than what people are willing to pay, especially if you need the money.

I'm all for giving tickets away or selling them at face value if it's reasonable for someone to do. That's just not the case for most of us.

With the way some systems work, including TicketExchange you HAVE to sell them over face value to break even. There is a decent company in Atlanta, Ticketsforkids that will give your tickets to a deserving kid who cannot otherwise afford to go to the game. http://www.ticketsforkidsfoundation.org/ I've donated Falcons tickets to them and kids from the Atlanta Mission Home got to go to a Falcons game so that's cool. (They are mostly homeless kids at the Mission Home)

I don't get why a season ticket holder would want to sell their playoff tickets at all unless they have extras. Not being critical, I just don't understand why someone would want to be there for all of the regular season games and be willing to make that investment and not want to be there for the playoff games. Again...not being critical, I just don't understand it.

I don't get why a season ticket holder would want to sell their playoff tickets at all unless they have extras. Not being critical, I just don't understand why someone would want to be there for all of the regular season games and be willing to make that investment and not want to be there for the playoff games. Again...not being critical, I just don't understand it.

The panic is over those selling their extras to opposing fans or selling them at an inflated value. I do know a few people that bought their tickets only to find out they can't go now due to the Saturday game time.

I wouldn't miss it for anything.

However, I have tickets for sale.

I purchased my seats for both games.

I then purchased my sons seats for both games - and explained to him he'd have to pay me back or we would have to sell them.

I then purchased a set of sets for both games (as required) for my granddaughters who were coming up from Florida. They have since told me they can't get up here.

My son can only afford one of the games.

So, I'm selling the Championship game for his seats and both sets for the seats I purchased for my granddaughter.

I haven't put either on Stub Hub or NFL Exchange - choosing instead to list them here for Falcon fans first.

There are many circumstances which leads to ticket sales - including ticket brokers and people who could maybe afford one set but not another as well as entrepreneurial Season Ticket Holders who bought extras to sell.

There are also a certain number of tickets which are offered to the other team to distribute or sell or return.

There is no way to avoid having fans of the other team show up - especially if the Geographical range is close - or they have a well-traveled fan base.

I know I'll be there in full throat - and I'm sure we will still have home field advantage regardless of ticket sales. 5000, 10000 or even 25000 fans of the other team will not take over the Dome.

What was the estimate of Saints fans last Monday? 5000? 10000? 15000? If I had to guess, I would say about 10,000. They made a slight impact. But not enough to matter I don't think. There was a low level of "rumble" when the falcons were on offense that normally isn't there. I don't think it really bothered the team, and it certainly didn't keep us from calling an audible. Maybe someone could ask one of the offensive players if they know them.

Now if that number was 25,000, I think it would have a significant impact. I've been to an SEC game. It is CONSTANT volume. The Saints game had a little of that vibe, but not too much.

As for the extra tickets, it's like the poster above. We struggle every year to keep and pay for our seats. This year we are counting on a little playoff windfall to tie us over. These aren't our season tix, they are extras. I only wish we actually COULD restrict who purchases them to Falcon fans only. That's why they are only on Craigslist at present. The Craigslist posting lists a $200 per seat surcharge for Saints fans. ;)

I only sold my tix on Stubhub once & that was for last year's Saints game. Half the offensive starters were injured & the Vick lovers ticked me off the week before cheering for him during the game. The Saints were on a roll & I got 100 each for my $25 tickets. I know I probably fleeced some Saint fan. I would find it hard to believe in that scenario a Falcon fan paying that much for that game.

Edited by Sidious