25. Green Bay Packers: RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

26. New Orleans Saints: DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin

27. Chicago Bears: OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

28. New York Jets: LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

29. Baltimore Ravens: CB Aaron Williams, Texas

30. Pittsburgh Steelers: OT Anthony Costonzo, Boston College

31. Atlanta Falcons: DE Allen Bailey, Miami

32. New England Patriots: LB Justin Houston, Georgia

Spent a good deal of time on this today. I would love to hear reviews on it and if anybody has any questions about any of the picks, I would gladly answer them. This is only the 2nd mock draft that I have ever done, so please don't kill me!

Edited by Master Exploder

Broncos have bigger need than CB.

Bills won't be going QB.

Cardinals seem to want to develop Skelton.

49ers are going to go qb.

Von Miller doesn't fit the scheme in ny.

Clayborn doesn't fit the scheme in tampa.

can't see us taking Bailey.

Nice mock overall especially for one this early.

Broncos have bigger need than CB.

Bills won't be going QB.

Cardinals seem to want to develop Skelton.

49ers are going to go qb.

Von Miller doesn't fit the scheme in ny.

Clayborn doesn't fit the scheme in tampa.

can't see us taking Bailey.

Nice mock overall especially for one this early.

I really don't agree with any of your points.

Champ Bailey is going to be gone next year, so I think this pick becomes a pick between a DL or a CB. I think Peterson is a better prospect, and there appears to be depth to be had for 34 DL in later rounds.

I don't know why both of you are writing off Bills going QB in round 1 this early, simply because Fitzy had 1 decent year. If anything, I think that gives them more incentive to gamble on a QB like Cameron Newton. He can sit this year, and have a similar role as Tim Tebow did for the Broncos.

Just because the Cardinals want to develop Skelton, does not mean that they are going to pass up on a potential franchise QB to do that.

I agree, I think the 49ers will ultimately go QB also, but I think Prince is too good of a talent to pass up on at this point, and I don't know who the 49ers will bring in as their HC yet, so it's hard to assume how high they would be on Locker or Gabbert. At the very least though, Prince is a top 5 prospect, and they are in desperate need of a CB. There also lies some decent talent in the 2nd round for QBs.

How does Von Miller not fit the scheme in NY? They have been lacking a blitzing LB all season and they are having to compromise by sending in DBs. I think Von Miller's best fit to what he does in college would be in NY, and it would be their best fit too. As far as I've heard, Clint Sintim isn't working out that great.

To be honest, I don't know too much about Tampa's scheme for DE's. I'm high on Clayborn as a 43 end, and I know they have serious issues on both ends of the DL. Clayborn didn't look as good this year, but he would've still been a 1st round pick last year. I'm not totally convinced Clayborn doesn't fit the part with Tampa, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt on this one.

I think Allen Bailey is a lot higher on our boards than most people would think. At this point it is hard to tell, as it is with all of the picks, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I really appreciate your comments, and I hope I didn't come off as an ahole for defending all of my picks, I just felt without explanations on my reasonings it's easier to pick it apart, and maybe if I provided you with my reasoning, you might not write it off as a bad mock so soon.

Allen Bailey isn't first rounder Value, and Jon Baldwin falling to the 2nd?!?!?

If Baldwin is there when we pick we're taking him, he has the highest value at that spot and fills a need.

You could be right about Baldwin, but he's definitely not a sure-fire 1st rounder. As of right now, at best he'll go at the bottom of round 1.

Honestly, I don't know why you don't think Allen Bailey is first round value. His combine alone will probably make him a guaranteed top 15 pick.

I really don't agree with any of your points.

Champ Bailey is going to be gone next year, so I think this pick becomes a pick between a DL or a CB. I think Peterson is a better prospect, and there appears to be depth to be had for 34 DL in later rounds.

I don't know why both of you are writing off Bills going QB in round 1 this early, simply because Fitzy had 1 decent year. If anything, I think that gives them more incentive to gamble on a QB like Cameron Newton. He can sit this year, and have a similar role as Tim Tebow did for the Broncos.

Just because the Cardinals want to develop Skelton, does not mean that they are going to pass up on a potential franchise QB to do that.

I agree, I think the 49ers will ultimately go QB also, but I think Prince is too good of a talent to pass up on at this point, and I don't know who the 49ers will bring in as their HC yet, so it's hard to assume how high they would be on Locker or Gabbert. At the very least though, Prince is a top 5 prospect, and they are in desperate need of a CB. There also lies some decent talent in the 2nd round for QBs.

How does Von Miller not fit the scheme in NY? They have been lacking a blitzing LB all season and they are having to compromise by sending in DBs. I think Von Miller's best fit to what he does in college would be in NY, and it would be their best fit too. As far as I've heard, Clint Sintim isn't working out that great.

To be honest, I don't know too much about Tampa's scheme for DE's. I'm high on Clayborn as a 43 end, and I know they have serious issues on both ends of the DL. Clayborn didn't look as good this year, but he would've still been a 1st round pick last year. I'm not totally convinced Clayborn doesn't fit the part with Tampa, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt on this one.

I think Allen Bailey is a lot higher on our boards than most people would think. At this point it is hard to tell, as it is with all of the picks, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I really appreciate your comments, and I hope I didn't come off as an ahole for defending all of my picks, I just felt without explanations on my reasonings it's easier to pick it apart, and maybe if I provided you with my reasoning, you might not write it off as a bad mock so soon.

based on what? I agree if bailey goes they grab a CB but EVERY indication is he wants to stay.

I agree but listening to comments by the coach and everyone involved in the team they like Fitz and feel they have bigger needs.

yes they will. They see Skelton as a starter and they'll sign a stop gap according to all reports.

Don't really see Miller fitting in a 4-3 system. I don't think he plays the run well enough.

i couldn't disagree more. I don't see anyone slipping to the 2nd who is even decent. The depth at qb in the draft is as poor as I can remember in years.

I don't think Clayborn is fast enough to fit in a 4-3 scheme.

not at all. You were respectful and made good points. :)

i couldn't disagree more. I don't see anyone slipping to the 2nd who is even decent. The depth at qb in the draft is as poor as I can remember in years.

Well, I'll let you have all of your opinions, I think a lot of them are valid, but I do disagree with some, but I'm not the kind of guy to battle my opinions over the internet. :P

However, I am curious as to why you think this is a poor QB draft class? This has the potential to be one of the best years to get a QB in a long time. There could potentially be 5 QBs taken in round 1, and there are atleast 10 teams that are going to be in the market for an early QB. Outside of the top 5 QBs, Kaepernick and Ponder both could potentially sneak in the 1st round in other draft classes. Kellen Moore and Pat Devlin also look to be great picks too, and I think all 9 of the QB's that I mentioned should be gone by round 4, and there are certainly more options behind them. I think Luck, Gabbert, and Mallet all could be the 1st QB taken if they didn't come out at the same time.

However, I am curious as to why you think this is a poor QB draft class? This has the potential to be one of the best years to get a QB in a long time. There could potentially be 5 QBs taken in round 1, and there are atleast 10 teams that are going to be in the market for an early QB. Outside of the top 5 QBs, Kaepernick and Ponder both could potentially sneak in the 1st round in other draft classes. Kellen Moore and Pat Devlin also look to be great picks too, and I think all 9 of the QB's that I mentioned should be gone by round 4, and there are certainly more options behind them. I think Luck, Gabbert, and Mallet all could be the 1st QB taken if they didn't come out at the same time.

in the 1st rd. I agree the talent is there but after that it's not good.

but the rest are long term projects:

Kaepernick: good choice.

Ponder: recurring elbow injury.

Devlin: good one.

K. Moore: I definitely don't see him coming out this year. Too much competition.

behind the 3 guys you mentioned and add in Andy Dalton this class is awful except at the top.

in the 1st rd. I agree the talent is there but after that it's not good.

but the rest are long term projects:

Kaepernick: good choice.

Ponder: recurring elbow injury.

Devlin: good one.

K. Moore: I definitely don't see him coming out this year. Too much competition.

behind the 3 guys you mentioned and add in Andy Dalton this class is awful except at the top.

I've seen too many reports. I don't watch a lot of Boise St. so maybe that's why, but for some reason I was think Kellen Moore was a Senior. I did forget Andy Dalton, I think he can be a serviceable back-up. But, I think Kaepernick, Ponder, and Devlin could all be starters along with the 1st rounders if they land on a decent team.

I've seen too many reports. I don't watch a lot of Boise St. so maybe that's why, but for some reason I was think Kellen Moore was a Senior. I did forget Andy Dalton, I think he can be a serviceable back-up. But, I think Kaepernick, Ponder, and Devlin could all be starters along with the 1st rounders if they land on a decent team.

not as rookies and possibly not as 2nd year guys that's the key.

You could be right about Baldwin, but he's definitely not a sure-fire 1st rounder. As of right now, at best he'll go at the bottom of round 1.

Honestly, I don't know why you don't think Allen Bailey is first round value. His combine alone will probably make him a guaranteed top 15 pick.

Yea, the combine hasn't happened yet, and I haven't seen him on a mock higher than the 28th pick. and Baldwin not a sure fire 1st round?? he's arguably the 3rd best WR in this draft.

Edited by Zodiac

We don't draft by value. We draft by need.

Also I said he fills a need, and im sure we include value in our draft, everyone does. Baldwin is highest value if he falls to 32nd and Fills a need. Also we're not going to draft a DE, we had SEVERAL opportunities to grab really good DEs in last years draft we passed on all of them, after Abe reawakeing like this, despite his age TD will probably hold off on a DE, especially since next year is contract year for Abe, and DE's always step it up on contract years. Not to mention a few good DEs hit FA every year.

Yea, the combine hasn't happened yet, and I haven't seen him on a mock higher than the 28th pick. and Baldwin not a sure fire 1st round?? he's arguably the 3rd best WR in this draft.

Baldwin is not going to be taken before A.J. Green, Julio Jones, or Justin Blackmon and probably not before Michael Floyd if he comes out. I don't think there's any argument for him at all with the top 3, maybe with Floyd, but not much of an argument. I'm curious as to what mock drafts you have been looking at also, because I've seen several that have Allen Bailey well before pick 28.

Edited by Master Exploder

not as rookies and possibly not as 2nd year guys that's the key.

I don't understand though, a draft where a possibility of 5+ starting QB's come out should be considered a great draft. I just don't get how you could consider it a weak class, with Blaine Gabbert coming out now, it only pushes this QB class even higher. (I didn't neg you btw, didn't want you to think that cuz I chose to quote this post, but I'll even you out.)

Baldwin is not going to be taken before A.J. Green, Julio Jones, or Justin Blackmon.

He could be taken before Blackmon, it does depend on the combine thought, Baldwin is a vertical threat and a physical WR.

Blackmon is a fast route runner who can break tackles, not as physical as Baldwin though. Blackmon's DUI might cause him to drop a few spots too.

He could be taken before Blackmon, it does depend on the combine thought, Baldwin is a vertical threat and a physical WR.

Blackmon is a fast route runner who can break tackles, not as physical as Baldwin though. Blackmon's DUI might cause him to drop a few spots too.

True, but I think Blackmon or Julio could break into the top 10 after A.J. Green. I don't think I can say the same about Baldwin. I think he's a legit reciever, but I still think he's a 1st-2nd round grade, while the other 3 are definite 1st round recievers and all are capable of being off the board by pick 15.

A lot of defensive ends going in the 1st round.. I don't think we would take Bailey. I'd prefer Floyd at WR tbh. If we're going DE, I'd prefer Ballard. Even at 300 lbs, he still has one of the best bursts off the ball. If he slims down even 10 lbs, I have no doubts that he will be a really good LDE that can play both the pass and run well. If we're looking for a pass rusher, Aldon Smith would be a great prospect for the RDE spot.

Baldwin is inconsistent. He plays so soft sometimes, not physical like you say. He is a physical blocker, but he is not aggressive on jump balls, hardly contests for the balls. He is a raw prospect, those before him are more complete. Not saying he is not good but you are overrating him a bit.

Baldwin is inconsistent. He plays so soft sometimes, not physical like you say. He is a physical blocker, but he is not aggressive on jump balls, hardly contests for the balls. He is a raw prospect, those before him are more complete. Not saying he is not good but you are overrating him a bit.

IMo, nothing Terry Robiskie can't fix. If we draft him I know who Terry Robiskie is gonna contact first. His moma lol.

I don't understand though, a draft where a possibility of 5+ starting QB's come out should be considered a great draft. I just don't get how you could consider it a weak class, with Blaine Gabbert coming out now, it only pushes this QB class even higher. (I didn't neg you btw, didn't want you to think that cuz I chose to quote this post, but I'll even you out.)

yeah and you're right. At the top of the draft it's great but the depth just isn't there. There really aren't any late round guys that can be seen as a great developmental prospect type. There isn't alot of 2nd-3rd, 4th rd. talent.

Also I said he fills a need, and im sure we include value in our draft, everyone does. Baldwin is highest value if he falls to 32nd and Fills a need. Also we're not going to draft a DE, we had SEVERAL opportunities to grab really good DEs in last years draft we passed on all of them, after Abe reawakeing like this, despite his age TD will probably hold off on a DE, especially since next year is contract year for Abe, and DE's always step it up on contract years. Not to mention a few good DEs hit FA every year.

lol @ we won't draft a DE. Tell us more Mr. Dimitroff!

lol @ we won't draft a DE. Tell us more Mr. Dimitroff!

Im just saying last year was full of 4-3 DE talent, most of it this year is 3-4 and theres not a whole lot, if we passed on all of that last year when Abe was having a down year and than he has an upyear and theres sparce 4-3 DE talent compared to last year, what in ****'s name would make us take one this year?

I think it's clear that if we get a DE it won't be through the draft.