Noise Levels in the Dome - DECIBAL MEASUREMENTS INSIDE

Tandy

noise.png

The Georgia Dome has become the most difficult place for opponents to play in the NFL. Mike Smith's Falcons teams are 20-4 over the past 3 seasons at their home stadium, including a 7-1 record in 2010. The big reason is YOU.

Take 70,000 people, united as one, whipped into a frenzy. You change the game and provide a distinct advantage for your team.

The weekend of January 15, we need you more than ever. We need you to blow the roof off of the building. Do you scream loud? Well, scream louder.

Below we've listed three years' worth of decibel readings during game days at the Georgia Dome. The loudest recorded reading is 117.9 on October 12, 2008 (vs. Chicago Bears).

For now.

The 2010 Playoffs are here. It's time to step up. It's time to RISE UP.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the loudest i've heard it was during these games:

99 opener vs the vikings (my ears hurt for two days)

04 playoffs (throat...gone)

05 monday night opener vs philly (nuts)

i didn't go to the 08 bears game, so i couldn't compare. sold to a friend. :(

I was at the '05 game against Philly and my voice was completely gone BEFORE kickoff. Seriously. I was so jacked for that game! :ph34r:

noise.png

The Georgia Dome has become the most difficult place for opponents to play in the NFL. Mike Smith's Falcons teams are 20-4 over the past 3 seasons at their home stadium, including a 7-1 record in 2010. The big reason is YOU.

Take 70,000 people, united as one, whipped into a frenzy. You change the game and provide a distinct advantage for your team.

The weekend of January 15, we need you more than ever. We need you to blow the roof off of the building. Do you scream loud? Well, scream louder.

Below we've listed three years' worth of decibel readings during game days at the Georgia Dome. The loudest recorded reading is 117.9 on October 12, 2008 (vs. Chicago Bears).

For now.

The 2010 Playoffs are here. It's time to step up. It's time to RISE UP.

Cool...the 1 game that I attended...LOL!!

I was at the '05 game against Philly and my voice was completely gone BEFORE kickoff. Seriously. I was so jacked for that game! :ph34r:

that place was boiling, even before the fight during pregame.

i can see why the ravens game was tops with the max. the decibel level after the winning td was great. the saints game had its moments, as well.

For comparison, the Superdome record is 119 decibels, recorded last season for the Monday night game against the Patriots. Before that, the loudest measured decibel level had been 113. For that game they averaged 102. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/11/new_orleans_saints_fans_send_d.html

So all the talk by the Saints fans about the Superdome being much louder than the Georgia Dome is biased bluster. Our 2008 Bears game was nearly as loud as the Superdome record Saints/Patriots game, at 118 db, and having been at the Philly game in 2005, and the Vick levitation game in 2004, those games were much louder than the Bears game.

I,ve had season tickets since 68 and have seen the transition from outdoors to indoors and the advantages of having a dome for noise factors for the home team, but it could be better, if fans were in their seats before kickoff. I think shutting down Falcons Landing 30 minutes before kickoff would be a good start in getting fans in the dome early.

the loudest i've heard it was during these games:

99 opener vs the vikings (my ears hurt for two days)

04 playoffs (throat...gone)

05 monday night opener vs philly (nuts)

i didn't go to the 08 bears game, so i couldn't compare. sold to a friend. :(

I was at that MNF game vs Eagles...the noise and crowd was wayyyy past awesome.

I,ve had season tickets since 68 and have seen the transition from outdoors to indoors and the advantages of having a dome for noise factors for the home team, but it could be better, if fans were in their seats before kickoff. I think shutting down Falcons Landing 30 minutes before kickoff would be a good start in getting fans in the dome early.

They already do that.

I was at the 08 play-off game in Phoenix and believe me it does make a difference. I could not talk to my girlfriend w/o yelling so I know it was tough to communicate and hear on the field. This time give the Falcons the dome field advantage they earned. Rise Up!

Loudest game I've ever been to. Period.

I've been to Seattle - been to all of our playoff games - and NEVER had anything like that game in Arizona. It was insane. My ears were ringing for a week.

Two steps to shatter the Dome decible record during the playoffs:

1. Find a sponsor who will provide mini megaphones to the first 10K Falcon fans. The small plastic type you can get at party city stores for $2.99 ea. The flags are great but they don't make noise, no matter how hard you flap them. :wacko:

and

2. Have Samuel Jackson open his “Rise Up” revival live before the game. I would gladly contribute $200. bucks to that worthy cause if someone started a collection and thought we could get him.

Steps 1 + 2 would = 120 db, I GUARANTEE! :)