ORANGE BOWL THREAD

VTCrunkler

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win tonight's game?

Guest AtlWhite84

This game is gonna be close. I'll say 27-23 Stanford. I don't know how good Stanford's Defense is because I've never seen them play this year, but I know how not good VT's D is. This is not the patented VT defense in my opinion. They're fast but they're so small that I feel like Stanford's power game can chew up clock and move the chains.

In regards to the Stanford defense

The Cardinal finished 69th in the country in scoring defense a year ago, and even as Luck was magnificent at times in 2009, the lack of defense cost Stanford a couple wins. But this year, the Cardinal has moved all the way up to 10th nationally in that category. Consider this: Aside from the 52 points Oregon scored against the Cardinal in their only loss of the season, Stanford has given up an average of just 14.7 points per game in its 11 victories, and have allowed 17 or fewer points eight times.

idk, this game is too close to call. With bias I give the nod to Virginia Tech. Most people are penning Stanford as being a much better team in every area possible but I don't see why. You can argue that Virginia Tech lost to JMU and played in the ACC, but aside from one good half of football against Oregon (a team that typically plays better in the second half) who has Stanford beaten? Then #13 Arizona isn't a good team.

The JMU game was a fluke. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. 11 straight wins (dominating wins, for the most part) speak more about this team than the JMU game.

That being said I really like Harbaugh and found myself rooting for Stanford in the Pac-10 all year. I hope he stays there rather than going to Michigan. They were just a really likeable team this year.

Should be a good game, though.

idk, this game is too close to call. With bias I give the nod to Virginia Tech. Most people are penning Stanford as being a much better team in every area possible but I don't see why. You can argue that Virginia Tech lost to JMU and played in the ACC, but aside from one good half of football against Oregon (a team that typically plays better in the second half) who has Stanford beaten? Then #13 Arizona isn't a good team.

The JMU game was a fluke. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. 11 straight wins (dominating wins, for the most part) speak more about this team than the JMU game.

That being said I really like Harbaugh and found myself rooting for Stanford in the Pac-10 all year. I hope he stays there rather than going to Michigan. They were just a really likeable team this year.

Should be a good game, though.

uh yeah i take most of that back

this loss was embarrassing. they stacked the box, blitzed half the time, and we (VT) had no response. does this sound familiar?

a dropped interception, a taylor interception, then the 2 play td drive. in a few minute swing, momentum shift then dominoes started falling.

uh yeah i take most of that back