How bad is Clausen?

All Day

We have all seen Clausen play this year and he has been absolutely terrible. I decided to research and compare his stats to Ryan Leaf's and the results were very surprising.

Clausen's stats for this season:

Passing Yards: 1376

Passing TDs: 2

Interceptions: 8

Yards/Game: 114.7

QB Rating: 56.8

Sacked: 30

Yards Lost with Sacks: 196

Fumbles: 8

Leaf's stats for his rookie season:

Passing Yards: 1289

TD: 2

Int: 15

Yards/Game: 128.9

QB Rating: 39.0

Sack: 22

Sack Yard: 140

Fumbles: 8

As you can see from these statistics, in many ways Clausen's season does compare to Ryan Leaf. To think that before the season Clausen was saying he was going to enjoy dominating Atlanta for the next decade.

Edited by atlallday56

Actually this does show how bad Claussen is. He put up Ryan Leaf stats and he did it on pure (lack of) talent. Where Leaf was the biggest head case in the NFL by far, Claussen isn't mentally unstable, he just sucks. He looked as bad today as he did in his first snaps at Notre Dame, and that's bad in more than one way.

haha wanna know a funny fact.. clausen was the top rated 5 star qb recruited in the nation comming out of Highschool.. meanwhile Matt Ryan was only a 3 star recruit not even in the top 100... :P man how college can change ppl huh :P those ratings were according to rivals.com btw

Clausen is just another product of Notre Dame. Plus I don't think Jimmy Clausen is right in the head.

jimmy-clausen-girlfriend.jpg

Clausen is just another product of Notre Dame. Plus I don't think Jimmy Clausen is right in the head.

jimmy-clausen-girlfriend.jpg

HAHAHAHA! great picture.. I actually feel sorry for the guy he's in a bad situation.. He's one of those qbs that should be sitten back on the bench for a yr or two like aaron rodgers and give him time to learn but the panthers had no choice but to throw him out to the sharks early... maybe they will trade him to the niners or oakland or someone that needs a qb and doesnt plan on drafting one.. lol as much as i dont like the panthers I dont like to see ppl's careers go down the drain lol

HAHAHAHA! great picture.. I actually feel sorry for the guy he's in a bad situation.. He's one of those qbs that should be sitten back on the bench for a yr or two like aaron rodgers and give him time to learn but the panthers had no choice but to throw him out to the sharks early... maybe they will trade him to the niners or oakland or someone that needs a qb and doesnt plan on drafting one.. lol as much as i dont like the panthers I dont like to see ppl's careers go down the drain lol

Even when they suck? Unless Jimmy Clausen has some Michael Vick attitude and doesn't try. I don't see things getting much better for him.

Even when they suck? Unless Jimmy Clausen has some Michael Vick attitude and doesn't try. I don't see things getting much better for him.

im just sayin hes a rookie, therefore he needs time to develop.. I mean look at roddy white in his first 2 seasons.. id give him 2 yrs before I throw the towel in on him.. but meanwhile he is funny looking.. i always thought he looked like a dinosaur

Clausen's been awfull, but give the kid credit for hanging in there, and blame Richardson/Hurney for beeing cheep and not having a veteran-QB on the roster to guide Clausen through the storm.

Every single action by the Panthers this offseason was with a labour conflict in mind, so props to the players, coaches and fans for hanging in there when the owner/GM quit.

Edited by Splinter

Here is the ONLY fan Clausen has! :lol:

MelKiperJr.jpg

Being an NC State alum who has kept up with a lot of the agentgate revolving around UNC football, I read a lot of talk about Kiper being on dirty agent Gary Wichard's payroll who hypes up players rankings who had signed with Wichard. Guess who Clausen's agent was? Remember how spastic Kiper was when Clausen went from a possible top 10 pick to all the way down to the 2nd round in the draft last year? Connect the dots....

Being an NC State alum who has kept up with a lot of the agentgate revolving around UNC football, I read a lot of talk about Kiper being on dirty agent Gary Wichard's payroll who hypes up players rankings who had signed with Wichard. Guess who Clausen's agent was? Remember how spastic Kiper was when Clausen went from a possible top 10 pick to all the way down to the 2nd round in the draft last year? Connect the dots....

Oh I know -- and since ESPN has connected the dots how often have you seen Mel's face since?