Seattle will not be an easy out

I'd be surprised is the Aints don't win by 2 or 3 scores.

I think its going to be a lot closer, I expect the saints to pull it out, but their so dinged up, it wouldn't surprise me anything happening. ;) I just have a feeling we're going to have a rematch with them. ;)

kind of reminds me of 98, becauise we had to play the 49ers 3 times, they won one, we won one and then we beat them in the end. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints have played close games on the road all year against inferior competition. The idea they are going to waltz in there and pound the Seahawks is based on what they did LAST year.

But they didn't have to go on the road last year in the playoffs.

I expect this game to be a dogfight....I was stunned when I heard the line is 10.5 . If I were a betting man, I would jump all over that.

The Saints have played close games on the road all year against inferior competition. The idea they are going to waltz in there and pound the Seahawks is based on what they did LAST year.

But they didn't have to go on the road last year in the playoffs.

I expect this game to be a dogfight....I was stunned when I heard the line is 10.5 . If I were a betting man, I would jump all over that.

I would jump on that bet too. :P

Did we outplay you?

Based on the analysis he gave ALONE, every other factor we can try to debate because valid points are valid points, but with that ALONE, no. The Saints did NOT outplay the Falcons.

- It was the Falcons' fault with multiple MISSED sacks on Drew Brees. < Falcons fault for horrible tackling but much respect for Brees for keeping composure and still make a throw to avoid those sacks.

- TURNER fumbled the ball

- MCLURE botched the snap

- COACHING decisions for conservative play in the late game

So... NO. The Saints did NOT out play the Falcons that game.

But because I'm also here to give respect where it's due, the Saints still won the game. They got knocked around on their offense 90% of the game and Brees threw 2 stupid picks AND they still won.

Saints won, but they didn't outplay the Falcons.

The Saints have played close games on the road all year against inferior competition.

Carefull Peyton, lets not wake the ***** Saints fans from tier hangovers. It's kind of nice to not have them in every thread this morning.

Edited by The O.D.B

I've said this before, and I'll stand by it. I think we played our best game of the season two weeks ago. And come on, you guys gave us the Monday nighter? Look at the yardage and TOP.

The game was almost dead even statistically early in the 3rd quarter. You guys took it over late, which is very uncharacteristic of us as we usually dominate the 4th quarter. Personally I think had we not punted on the 4th and 6 it would have ended differently. Ryan usually finds a way to make plays when they matter. But that's over now.

I also agree that was your best game of the year. And it may have been the best defensive game I've seen from a Falcon team ever. Our offense let us down, but much credit goes to your defense as well. Essentially in that game there were two very high powered offenses that were shut down by extraordinary defensive efforts. I love watching those kind of games.

Frankly, I think your team has peaked. You obsessed all year over "revenge" from the missed field goal loss on your homefield. It's pretty obvious there was a letdown by the way you played Tampa yesterday. You might get by Seattle but there is NO WAY you will win another game in the Georgia Dome this year. And you can bookmark this if you want.

- It was the Falcons' fault with multiple MISSED sacks on Drew Brees. < Falcons fault for horrible tackling but much respect for Brees for keeping composure and still make a throw to avoid those sacks.

LOL...so Brees gets no credit for being tough to tackle? Why is he known as a "trophy sack" around the league since he's so hard to bring down?

So dominating in yards and TOP means you didn't outplay your opponent? Each to his own.

LOL...so Brees gets no credit for being tough to tackle? Why is he known as a "trophy sack" around the league since he's so hard to bring down?

So dominating in yards and TOP means you didn't outplay your opponent? Each to his own.

The Saints deserved to win and the Falcons deserved to lose. Just as the Falcons deserve the HFA and the Saints deserve to be on the road this week.

If the two teams meet again, we'll see how it goes.

The game was almost dead even statistically early in the 3rd quarter. You guys took it over late, which is very uncharacteristic of us as we usually dominate the 4th quarter. Personally I think had we not punted on the 4th and 6 it would have ended differently. Ryan usually finds a way to make plays when they matter. But that's over now.

I also agree that was your best game of the year. And it may have been the best defensive game I've seen from a Falcon team ever. Our offense let us down, but much credit goes to your defense as well. Essentially in that game there were two very high powered offenses that were shut down by extraordinary defensive efforts. I love watching those kind of games.

Frankly, I think your team has peaked. You obsessed all year over "revenge" from the missed field goal loss on your homefield. It's pretty obvious there was a letdown by the way you played Tampa yesterday. You might get by Seattle but there is NO WAY you will win another game in the Georgia Dome this year. And you can bookmark this if you want.

For the most part, good post. Don't think you can say we peaked too early though since we lost at home to the Bucs missing six starters on offense and our best defender on defense for most of the game. And this was only one week after you agreed was our best-played game of the year.

And do you honestly believe we have zero chance of beating you guys again at home? I don't think you do because you know we're too evenly-matched.

Edited by Saintsfan422

The saints get thumped by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the trash still comes on here with that mouthy whodat stuff.....unbelievable.

It's easy to be confident when you can lose the last three games of the regular season and still win it all. ^_^

Edited by Saintsfan422

Getting back to the original topic, I would be stunned if the Seahawks gave the gumbos any trouble at all. I believe the Seahawks may have been the worst looking team the Falcons played all season long. They didn't appear to have any weapons on either side of the ball.

Getting back to the original topic, I would be stunned if the Seahawks gave the gumbos any trouble at all. I believe the Seahawks may have been the worst looking team the Falcons played all season long. They didn't appear to have any weapons on either side of the ball.

I wouldn't underestimate the effect of that stadium in a playoff game.

Plus...I think the Saints are pretty tired.

It's kind of a bad deal for them too. They played Monday night on the road, then home to play a tough division battle, now they have to travel out to Seattle on short rest.

I think this one could shock people.

No, we played to win. But we played very conservative. And by conservative, I mean punting on 4th, one no-huddle drive, quit blitzing in the 4th.

Putting it away in week 16 was optimum. Putting it away in week 17 was all but guaranteed.

Blitzing 85 percent of the time is very conservative

You want an example that shuts you down about ToP?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290921015

Dolphins vs. Colts

TOP:

Dolphins: 45:07

Colts: 14:53

Score: 27-23 Colts Victory

ToP doesn't NECESSARILY mean you outplayed the other team. It just means you held the ball longer.

And I stand by my statement. I put examples of where the critical plays were at the fault of the FALCONS, not because the Saints were the huge factor in that game.

Besides, I gave the statement that's most important in that game: Saints took home the win, Falcons lost.

Jeeze, even when given the proper credit, the stupid ones still have to nit pick at everything and are still able to do it wrong