It's a shame that two 10-6 teams missed the playoffs

It is what it is and there is nothing to gain by crying over it now. The overall feeling on our board is one of optimism going forward. We had a great year compared to last year and can't wait for 2011. There are some postions we are weak in. The draft and FA will help fill those gaps.

Beating the Saints today was our SuperBowl. :)

Anyway, Good Luck to you guys.

It is what it is and there is nothing to gain by crying over it now. The overall feeling on our board is one of optimism going forward. We had a great year compared to last year and can't wait for 2011. There are some postions we are weak in. The draft and FA will help fill those gaps.

Beating the Saints today was our SuperBowl. :)

Anyway, Good Luck to you guys.

Thanks man, you guys have to be happy with the fight the team put up and the fact they were in it until after they played their last game.

Actually Seattle will be the first team EVER to make the play-offs with a losing record. But I think they said the '85 Browns and '08 Chargers are the others to go in with an 8-8 record?

1982 - The 4-5 Lions & Browns went to the play-offs - Seattle would be the first Division Winner with a losing record.

It's tough winning 10 games and not making the playoffs, especially when a crappy 8-8 division winner get in. If that happened to us, I would be absolutely gutted.

As much as I would hate for that to us, I would be more upset that we didn't win the division. It isn't a perfect system when the Seahawks get to host a better team but it's the system that works best. If you want to get hfa, win your division.

Think Bucs and Giants fans felt bad that we missed the playoffs last year with 9 wins and injuries?

Or how about having to travel in 2008 when we were 11-5 and the Cardinals were 9 wins?

Nope.

I don't like the Bucs due to division rivalry.

I don't like NY because of marketability and the fact that they were heralded as the "best team in the NFC" when we were cruising a long with 4,5,6 wins in a row.

I'm glad they didn't make it.

my suggestion for a rule change would be...if a wildcard team has a better record than a DIV winner then the DIV winner with the worse record would then have to travel. IOW reward the team with the better record. in this scenario tho, the Aints would benefit :huh: but as much as i hate the Aints how does 7-9 deserve a home game when you've sucked ALL year?? :blink: anyway.../2cents :D

I's fine like it is. Winning your division deserves the reward of the home game, because all divisions go through low points. And if the team that has a better record is so much better, they shouldn't worry about the travel.

If it sucks that a 7-9 team gets in, your team sucks even more if you go there and lose to them.