My Favorite Falcon Player From 2010

Who was your favorite Falcon player from 2010 and why?

This could be an interesting topic. I mean we have numerous options. You got Ryan, Abe, Turner, Roddy, TonyG, Grimes, Babineaux, Mughelli, Moore, Lofton, Pete, Clabo, Nic and more.

I gotta go with the little engine that could. Eric Weems. Good Lord son. What a beast. He is maybe the best Falcon special teamer I've ever seen. In 45 years.

Return kicks? No problem. Return punts? No problem. Lead the team in ST tackles? No problem. Top 10 in the league in PRs and KRs? No problem. Pro Bowl? No problem. Catch every pass thrown his way? No problem. Take a one yard shovel pass and break four tackles? No problem.

The little engine that could. Small man. Small School. Big heart. Great demeanor. I've been watching Falcon ball for a long time son and I will never forget the season you turned in in 2010. Kudos to the staff for not cutting you or replacing you with HD like most of the message boarders suggested.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be an interesting topic. I mean we have numerous options. You got Ryan, Abe, Turner, Roddy, TonyG, Grimes, Babineaux, Mughelli, Moore, Lofton, Pete, Clabo, Nic and more.

I gotta go with the little engine that could. Eric Weems. Good Lord son. What a beast. He is maybe the best Falcon special teamer I've ever seen. In 45 years.

Return kicks? No problem. Return punts? No problem. Lead the team in ST tackles? No problem. Top 10 in the league in PRs and KRs? No problem. Pro Bowl? No problem. Catch every pass thrown his way? No problem. Take a one yard shovel pass and break four tackles? No problem.

The little engine that could. Small man. Small School. Big heart. Great demeanor. I've been watching Falcon ball for a long time son and I will never forget the season you turned in in 2010. Kudos to the staff for not cutting you or replacing you with HD like most of the message boarders suggested.

I am going to have to say "grimetime" not for any other reason other than he gives his all at all times. He is the essence of working hard. He could be used as an example of the team in general.

He does not get much respect outside of the ATL. We know that. Neither do the falcons.

Grimes just plays his heart out every week.

GO FALCONS!

RISE UP!

Great Topic.

I'll agree with you that Weems has had a fantastic year (especially in the second half of this season).

But, I think it boils down to Grimes or Roddy. Think about it... Roddy hasn't had a great game recently, but without him, there are numerous early-season games that we don't win. The two records he set today are evidence of his overall season.

As for Grimes, he has gotten so reliable, that Dunta is now the corner that other teams pick on. Even Clausen knows not to throw towards Grimes (except for that one awesome break up in the end zone).

I'll pick Grimes just because of the criticism he's overcome.

If Billy Moore had been playing as well earlier in the year, he'd be my hands down pick, by the way. He's lightin' some fools up out there. And he's absolutely explosive on the blitz.

Great Topic.I'll agree with you that Weems has had a fantastic year (especially in the second half of this season).But, I think it boils down to Grimes or Roddy. Think about it... Roddy hasn't had a great game recently, but without him, there are numerous early-season games that we don't win. The two records he set today are evidence of his overall season. As for Grimes, he has gotten so reliable, that Dunta is now the corner that other teams pick on. Even Clausen knows not to throw towards Grimes (except for that one awesome break up in the end zone). I'll pick Grimes just because of the criticism he's overcome.If Billy Moore had been playing as well earlier in the year, he'd be my hands down pick, by the way. He's lightin' some fools up out there. And he's absolutely explosive on the blitz.

Many Falcons had great years.

The question is:

Who was your favorite Falcon player in 2010 and why?

Yea Weems is awesome.I loved it when he fair caught the one punt and someone on the team told him he should of returned it and he went off on his saying he **** told me to fair catch it.lol Edited by timcheetah25

Yeah... and is it not fair to say that my affection for a player is almost entirely based on their performance?

This thread is about your favorite Falcon player of 2010. Not who was the best Falcon player of 2010.

There are several players that were in the top tier of their positions. There are some that weren't but were still favorites of some of our good message boarders.

Who was your favorite and why?

Put me down for Mr. Matthew Bryant. Has this guy missed a field goal this year? Super clutch should be his nick name...I mean this is the same guy who made 3 game winning field goals in one game (time out, false start, and then game winner). I feel he should have gotten a HSA kind of sad he didn't.

For me it's Matty Ice.

I'll be really honest, prior to the season, I was concerned about Matt's accuracy. He really impressed me this year.

In this league, you need an elite qb to be successful for many years. It looks as though we have that guy.

With Matt Ryan as the Falcon qb, the question is not "if" we win a Super Bowl, but "when" it happens.

I gotta go with Willy Mo because watching him obliterate people with his powerful hits gets me pumped up.

Same here bro and it's the little things that he does too. When he goes for the strip it's Violent (more like punching the ball out) I see a lot more forced fumbles for Willy Mo in the future.

I gotta go with Willy Mo because watching him obliterate people with his powerful hits gets me pumped up.

I have to agree the way he stepped in and played with intensity really makes this defense go but i would have give Grimes some props that guy is amazing and he should have been a pro bowler