Dish network vs. Macon Fox Affiliate

trudweathers

Fox is off the air in Macon, GA on Dish Networks. No Falcons on TV for me, today. On Monday week I'll be on the phone expressing my displeasure to guilty parties.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me on how to watch the game? :wacko:

Rabbit ears on your TV will pick up local stations in Macon dod it first year I moved to Byron.

Fox is off the air in Macon, GA on Dish Networks. No Falcons on TV for me, today. On Monday week I'll be on the phone expressing my displeasure to guilty parties.

If you have an HD TV, go buy an OTA (Over-The-Air) HD antenna and connect it to your TV. They vary in prices usually starting at about 15 dollars and going up. You'll most likely have to go into your TV menu and do a "channel search" or "auto program" so it finds the channels. If you're close enough to Macon, even an inside OTA antenna might do the trick.

However, the thing with OTA antenna is they're a "crap-shoot". You never know how many channels you' ll be able to pick up depending on your location and the terrain around you. For example, where I use to live in Jones County, I had an outside OTA antenna that could pick up to 30 OTA channels (with some being from Atlanta, Augusta, and Columbus) on a clear night. Back in the summer, I moved about a mile away to a new house and can now only pick up the Macon channels That's just the way it is with OTA antennas.

The good thing is if you can pick up Fox 24 with this method, you'll be able to watch the Falcons in High Def.

If you have a regular TV, you will need to buy one of those Digital converter boxes and a OTA antenna to go with it. Connect the antenna into the converter box, and then the converter box to the TV.

Good luck, and make sure you get "high enough on the food chain" with Dish and the company that owns both Fox 24 and ABC 16 to make your voice heard. Regular employees for both sides are viewers just like us at their homes and are just caught in the middle too and have absolutely no say or power in it.

P.S. You can get OTA antennas at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, Radio Shack, etc., etc.

Edited by kwinmacon

Rabbit ears, you should be able to pick that up without any kind of provider in the Macon area...

man, ya'll better "Ditch the Dish"..go with Cox, we've never had problems

I'm so far out in the sticks we'll never have cable. I guess it's back to direct TV next time. Would be my luck that the Falcons are in the midst of one of the best seasons in the history of the franchise and Dish/Fox use me for designated hostage. :ph34r:

Can't help you to watch todays games, but Even if you have cable or dish, you shoukd buy one of these

200x200-sdv2940-27.jpg

It's the Philips model SDV2940. I paid 34 bucks for mine at Wal-Mart and I at the time only had an analog TV, so I bought a cheap magnovox converter. I now have a digital TV, so I no longer use the converter but I do use the inline signal amplifier that came with the converter. I pick up around 30 channels of crystal clear TV, all the networks included. It's great. So much for me, I don't have cable or dish.

the atenna comes with the mounting brackets so all you need is a pole or it can be mounted on the side of your house. But you get more options on a pole. ( Bob in 3..2...)

Can't help you to watch todays games, but Even if you have cable or dish, you shoukd buy one of these

200x200-sdv2940-27.jpg

It's the Philips model SDV2940. I paid 34 bucks for mine at Wal-Mart and I at the time only had an analog TV, so I bought a cheap magnovox converter. I now have a digital TV, so I no longer use the converter but I do use the inline signal amplifier that came with the converter. I pick up around 30 channels of crystal clear TV, all the networks included. It's great. So much for me, I don't have cable or dish.

the atenna comes with the mounting brackets so all you need is a pole or it can be mounted on the side of your house. But you get more options on a pole. ( Bob in 3..2...)

I bought a 19.00 indoor model but no luck. Will be up on a pole before the first playoff game. (rimshot) The only thing I watch on Fox is football.

Your biggest mistake was getting Dish Network.