Upcoming Falcon Free Agents 2011-2-14

Here is what our current roster looks like concerning free agency. With the amount of players we have going into FA (16), I doubt we make any major splashes. Snelling going into FA concerns me. He's proven to be a valuable piece to our success. Who would of thought two years ago that we'd let Norwood walk?

Jerious Norwood

Jason Snelling

Brian Finneran

Tony Gonzalez

Tyson Clabo

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Trey Lewis

Stephen Nicholas

Mike Peterson

Coy Wire

Brent Grimes

Brian Williams

Matt Bryant

Michael Koenen

Trey Lewis

Chris Redman

John Parker Wilson

Harry Douglas

Todd McClure

John Abraham

Jamaal Anderson

Kroy Biermann

Curtis Lofton

Erik Coleman

Thomas DeCoud

Ovie Mughelli

Michael Jenkins

Sam Baker

Garrett Reynolds

Chauncey Davis

Lawrence Sidbury

Chris Owens

William Moore

Mike Johnson

Joe Hawley

Jonathan Babineaux

Peria Jerry

Corey Peters

Dominique Franks

This is IMO.

We should really be concerned about 2011 FA but i say keep Snelling. Big on the passing game.

Grimes? do i have to explain?

Also maybe: Dahl, Clabo, Nicholas, Bryant, Koenen, Gonzalez.

Don't mind Blalock.

Anyones thoughts on Brian Williams, Wire and Peterson?

i think we keep coy and pete til we have good solid replacements but bwilliams can walk and let d.franks take over

Guest mashburn

i think we keep coy and pete til we have good solid replacements but bwilliams can walk and let d.franks take over

yea I think frAnks will do great. the short time he was in the arizona game he read what the QB was doing and stopped the pass and also got a interception. we should really be using him. but I know the falcons are wanting him to see it all first. but grimes just needs to rise up a little more and get to tackling. I would rather him make 90% of tackles and not make interception then instead he makes 6 plus inetereptions but misses three times as many tackles

Edited by mashburn

Bold is resign - those not in bold can walk.

Jerious Norwood

Jason Snelling

Brian Finneran

Tony Gonzalez - Not sure if he is a FA i don' think so.

Tyson Clabo

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Trey Lewis

Stephen Nicholas

Mike Peterson -

Coy Wire

Brent Grimes

Brian Williams

Matt Bryant - Keep until we can get a young good kicker.

Michael Koenen

Trey Lewis

I definitely see us keeping a good majority of the 2011 free agents with Clabo and Dahl being at the top of course. We've seen over the years what having an unstable kicking game can mean for a team, so I see us re-signing Bryant unless we just find some young guy who really wins the coaching staff over (definitely could happen).

Jerious Norwood

Jason Snelling

Brian Finneran

Tony Gonzalez (Not a FA)

Tyson Clabo

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Stephen Nicholas

Mike Peterson

Coy Wire

Brent Grimes (A RFA)

Eric Weems (A RFA)

Brian Williams

Matt Bryant

Michael Koenen

Trey Lewis (A RFA)

To me... Its not nearly as bad as it look... ALL of those guys are very very affordable... TD will easily be able to keep who ever he wants... The only thing is the O-Line... Those guys are the only ones im not sure about.... Clabo is the biggest question mark... His agent might want allot and as a FA... A team will over pay for him.

This is IMO.

We should really be concerned about 2011 FA but i say keep Snelling. Big on the passing game.

Don't mind Blalock.

Brian Williams, Wire and Peterson we can upgrade at those spots.

i kinda hope we retain all of those guys except either dahl or blalock, finneran, lewis, and norwood. let one of the OG's walk, and use our 9 draft picks for competition. when your 22 starters are set going into the draft, you can draft best player available. any of these guys retained with one year contracts could still be cut in favor of draft picks. valued starters will get multi year deals.

Edited by millenium falcon

This is IMO.

Don't mind Blalock.

Williams is the one I'd keep unless he gets bid up. Peterson is going to want too much money, and he is old. If he is willing to stay for a discount, I'd love to have him. I do think his leadership/experience is worth something.

Brent Grimes better not go anywhere. I really hope we give Norwood another chance. I WOULD HATE for him to go to another team and stay healhty and become the back that i know he can be.

I was a HUGE fan of Norwood, but it's time to face the facts... dude is done. By the time he can play again, he will be 28 & recovering from an ACL tear, and having suffered a few too many concussions and a lingering hip injury. That's not good for any RB looking to become a big time weapon in the NFL, and even worse for a fragile scat back like Jerious.

Here is what our current roster looks like concerning free agency. With the amount of players we have going into FA (16), I doubt we make any major splashes. Snelling going into FA concerns me. He's proven to be a valuable piece to our success. Who would of thought two years ago that we'd let Norwood walk?

Jerious Norwood

Jason Snelling

Brian Finneran

Tony Gonzalez

Tyson Clabo

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Trey Lewis

Stephen Nicholas

Mike Peterson

Coy Wire

Brent Grimes

Brian Williams

Matt Bryant

Michael Koenen

Trey Lewis

I'd have to look at who is RFA and who is UFA, because I can't imagine all those guys are UFAs.

My Personal keepers..

Koenen

Bryant

Grimes

Wire

Nicholas

Clabo

Blalock

Dahl

Gonzales

I think in FA or the draft, the Falcons have to address our lack of ability to stretch defenses. That means we need a super fast RB to spell Turner, and at least one WR who can get deep consistently. Norwood due to injuries, and HD and the rest from 3rd wr on down just aren't getting it done. Time to go out and get someone who can legitimately put fear in the opposition, like DeSean Jackson does. IMO, that's the weak link in this team right now.

Bold is resign - those not in bold can walk.

Jerious Norwood

Jason Snelling

Brian Finneran

Tony Gonzalez - Not sure if he is a FA i don' think so.

Tyson Clabo

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Trey Lewis

Stephen Nicholas

Mike Peterson -

Coy Wire

Brent Grimes

Brian Williams

Matt Bryant - Keep until we can get a young good kicker.

Michael Koenen

Trey Lewis

Yes, you nailed it. these guys are the highest priority.

yeeah it surprises me we haven't used Franks as much.

Anyones thoughts on Brian Finneran?

His presence in the lockerroom is priceless. FACT. Now who in the he77 do we go get as a #2 and what about Meir??Gotta say bye to Jenkins,trade, and pick up a vet whos in every game.Blank is in love with Finn and if you scores another TD this year he will be back,yes I know hes old and will more than likely eat a roster spot but wtf, hes the truest Falcon here!!!The day hes done put him right in the ROF.post-549626-12939833795_thumb.jpg

His presence in the lockerroom is priceless. FACT. Now who in the he77 do we go get as a #2 and what about Meir??Gotta say bye to Jenkins,trade, and pick up a vet whos in every game.Blank is in love with Finn and if you scores another TD this year he will be back,yes I know hes old and will more than likely eat a roster spot but wtf, hes the truest Falcon here!!!The day hes done put him right in the ROF.post-549626-12939833795_thumb.jpg

Did you say trade #12?

Or am I reading that wrong..

Dahl

Clabo

Grimes

those 3 need to be our Focus

the other guys, yea its nice to have Nic and Pete for LB depth, but not as Important as the 3 I Mentioned

as For Snell

hes probably gone, someone will give him big Dollars alot like we did with Turner

Look for Falcons to look at D Sprolls and L Washington as Possible replacements , also look for them to Draft another Bruiser

Gonzo will be back

all we gotta do is offer him a deal

guys to keep:

Jerious Norwood (min 1 yr deal w/ incentives)

Jason Snelling (i think we lose him in FA to be a starter)

Tony Gonzalez (get 1 more year out of him)

Tyson Clabo (our best OLman)

Justin Blalock (up in the air if I like him or Dahl better)

Harvey Dahl

Stephen Nicholas (our next starting WLB)

Brent Grimes (no need to explain, pay the little guy)

Matt Bryant ( has been great for us, still bring in a young leg to compete)

I think we will use our tag on whichever OL player we cant re-sign right away, likely Clabo)