6 points against a Conference USA opponent

theDIRTYcode

I have seen enough. I had saw plenty against Colorado. I'm tired of losing to Florida...way..way..tired. Talk about a Tech school on North Ave. all you want, the Gators are our rival, and I'm sick of losing to them. We scored 6 points against a conference USA opponent. My money is no longer going to the University of GA as long as Richt is head coach. We have become Vanderbilt.

Guest AtlWhite84

There are entirely too many people who take bowl games entirely too seriously.

Bowl games exist for two reasons:

To make the the two schools involved money.

To make the sponsor of the bowl money.

These game are ******* stupid, and mean nothing outside of the NC Game. So if I was a UGA fan no, I wouldn't be rubbing nomad feces in my hair while doing backflips against a wall made of cinder blocks.

OMG YOU LOST THE LIBERTY BOWL TO UCF!!! Guess what? If you would have beaten UCF in the Liberty Bowl it would have meant even less. So stop caring about meaningless bowl games and focus on the SEC.

These game are ******* stupid, and mean nothing outside of the NC Game. So if I was a UGA fan no, I wouldn't be rubbing nomad feces in my hair while doing backflips against a wall made of cinder blocks.

OMG YOU LOST THE LIBERTY BOWL TO UCF!!! Guess what? If you would have beaten UCF in the Liberty Bowl it would have meant even less. So stop caring about meaningless bowl games and focus on the SEC.

Its a loss. It's called team pride and caring and having a passion for your school/team. To not care like you are rationalizing would be from a stand point of a non-football fan.

Im Ohio state fan first and a Ga fan second so this one hurts me too. First loosing season in 14 years.

Loosing to a team that we should have steam rolled hurts too.

its simple. you are what you're record says you are. sorry

UCF won their conf. so they know how to win as a TEAM. could they beat Oregon or Auburn, of course not, but they can beat a bad SEC team.

what I saw was a UCF team that broke tendancies by blitzing more in the 1st half than they ever had. Big shock, weeks to prepare and a team does something against their tendancies. But it seemed that there was no adjustment by Bobo, and frankly wasn't even prepared for the possibility. It did look like GA was staying within there Offensive tendancies b/c UCF D reacted like they had seen these plays before.

In most cases this would be right. But no matter what, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. Especially if your a HC that is on the hot seat and is rapidly losing supporters. The last thing you need is to lose vs a Conference USA team, especially when it was obvious our guys didnt want to be there or play for Richt.

It doesn't ******* matter what conference they were from. This is a 10 win team that plays fundamentally sound and this IS THEIR SUPER BOWL. We were not completely into it and I understand that, it's hard to get up for a **** Liberty Bowl game.

But let's be rational.

We scored 6 points because Aaron Murray played terrible and the O-Line fell apart late in the game. It's really quite simple.

you forgot about helping kids become a higher draft pick

its simple. you are what you're record says you are. sorry

UCF won their conf. so they know how to win as a TEAM. could they beat Oregon or Auburn, of course not, but they can beat a bad SEC team.

what I saw was a UCF team that broke tendancies by blitzing more in the 1st half than they ever had. Big shock, weeks to prepare and a team does something against their tendancies. But it seemed that there was no adjustment by Bobo, and frankly wasn't even prepared for the possibility. It did look like GA was staying within there Offensive tendancies b/c UCF D reacted like they had seen these plays before.

This.

It doesn't ******* matter what conference they were from. This is a 10 win team that plays fundamentally sound and this IS THEIR SUPER BOWL. We were not completely into it and I understand that, it's hard to get up for a **** Liberty Bowl game.

But let's be rational.

We scored 6 points because Aaron Murray played terrible and the O-Line fell apart late in the game. It's really quite simple.

No offense... But I HATE that **** right there. This team looked disinterested in half the games this year. They weren't hyped to play Miss State, SC, Ark, & Colorado. The UCF game isnt a blip. It's a well established trend at this point.

Yep, our offense was pretty pathetic.

UCF is a pretty decent team and UGA isn't. Just because they play in Conference USA doesn't mean they're bad. East Carolina and Houston have both beaten big time opponents and made national noise in recent years. It's a bad conference, but not every team is bad.

Let's not pretend UGA accomplished anything this season prior to this game and had something riding on its outcome. I want to win every game, but even a win in this game would be meaningless. Sorry if you can't accept that and you want to stress out about losing a bowl game in Memphis.

It's time to move forward and on to better things.

No offense... But I HATE that **** right there. This team looked disinterested in half the games this year. They weren't hyped to play Miss State, SC, Ark, & Colorado. The UCF game isnt a blip. It's a well established trend at this point.

I know we had a ton of older players absolutely stoked for this game and they put everything they had into that game. To have people question their effort and intensity is absurd. If we had won there wouldn't be a question about our interest in the game. Our defense looked very into the game and they looked like they were on their game all game. There wasn't a whole lot for our offense to get excited about. We couldn't get a big play and Murray turned the ball over. We can't fake excitement when there is nothing to get excited about.

And we were definitely hyped to play USCe and Arkansas. I don't even know where that comes from. I guess it's because we lost.

Edited by kingjamez

But let's be rational.

Being from Orlando and a UCF fan and graduate. I will agree this game UCF needed and wanted more.

To be honest though to the people complaining that GA only scored 6 points, Im surprised but not to surprised. UCF has one of the top defenses ALL of college football this year.

Also if Godfrey didn't get banged up in the first quarter we would have scored more then 10 points. We didnt use many qb draws or other designed running plays because of his injury.

Murray played very poorly. Don't even get me started on the stupid gloves. The interceptions were poorly executed decisions as well as throws. He looked like Stafford trying to sling those in with arm strength instead of using his head and setting his feet. Murray looked like a freshman for the second time this year.

Offensive line again looked overmatched. Biggest disappointment of this season by far. I hope they all leave except Ben, some fresh faces and attitudes would serve our team well next year.

Defense played alright, but we still need several pieces to really play the type of defense Grantham wants to play. We got killed up the middle. Need a large space eaterDT badly.

I know we had a ton of older players absolutely stoked for this game and they put everything they had into that game. To have people question their effort and intensity is absurd. If we had won there wouldn't be a question about our interest in the game. Our defense looked very into the game and they looked like they were on their game all game. There wasn't a whole lot for our offense to get excited about. We couldn't get a big play and Murray turned the ball over. We can't fake excitement when there is nothing to get excited about.

And we were definitely hyped to play USCe and Arkansas. I don't even know where that comes from. I guess it's because we lost.

BS. Go pull up the in-game threads of those games and look at people freaking out over how lame we came out in those games. The beginning of those games were embarassing. It took quarters for our guys to get fired up.