Jerry Richardson:

Fox and Payton come from under the same coaching tree and go way back, I just know Payton and him are formulating a scheme for the Panthers to bring down the Falcons.

so you're saying that your coach is soooo not planning for his own teams game this weekend, and instead he's helping someone who came from the same coaching tree game plan for his last game against a rival? i hope the BUCS score triple digits this week

Fox and Payton come from under the same coaching tree and go way back, I just know Payton and him are formulating a scheme for the Panthers to bring down the Falcons.

If that is the case, fire Payton as he is unfit to be a coach. He needs somebody else's help in order to win the division which he couldn't do by himself. May be the best bet for you guys would be John fox then.

Fox and Payton come from under the same coaching tree and go way back, I just know

You know what? You should get Payton to give you his silly looking visor. It might fit your head, It always looks a little too big on him. Kind of looks like greasy little poor man's Steve Spurrier on him. Your head is mighty big, though. For a troll from a historical loser that has a couple of good seasons back to back, you do talk a lot. Wait for it... the ring... The ring is history. It's in the past. Just like you. :lol:

What are you going on about? This is the news that every Panther fan has been waiting to hear for two years. Do you really think it has anything to do with the Falcons?

You really wanted him fired last year, the year after you guys went to the NFCCG?

BTW, for anyone concerned, I never said he was fired. His contract runs out and they announced he won't return. Still, the timing of the announcement is deplorable.

Saints will take care of their business with the Bucs, this is the game that intrigues me.

If you are that confident your boys will take care of 9-6 Tampa, but actually think we'll lose at home to the worst team in the league, I'm gonna have to reevaluate my own homerism. You, sir, take it to the next level.

Pierre Thomas is banged up and questionable against the Bucs, who are are going to fight thier tails off to try and win to get in the playoffs with some help.

Not to mention they will be looking to bang the Saints up, regardless if they win or lose.

The Panthers entire staff knows they are fired, and a good portion of the team is probably collecting thier last check from the Panthers owner. You really think they care about beating the Falcons, let alone think they are good enough or capable to do it in the georgia dome??

The answer to both of these questions is a resounding NO.

If you are that confident your boys will take care of 9-6 Tampa, but actually think we'll lose at home to the worst team in the league, I'm gonna have to reevaluate my own homerism. You, sir, take it to the next level.

Well I'll say this much, Saints have plenty momentum heading into a home game with the Bucs and we have Drew Brees. Falcons at this time may be vulnerable to a team that plays loose with nothing to lose, and looking to play the ultimate spoiler role. Just my opinion.

Well I'll say this much, Saints have plenty momentum heading into a home game with the Bucs and we have Drew Brees. Falcons at this time may be vulnerable to a team that plays loose with nothing to lose, and looking to play the ultimate spoiler role. Just my opinion.

And your opinion does matter. But our "vulnerability" is just media spewed garbage. We lost to y'all, probably the second best team in the division, by three points on what amounted to a blown last drive. We recently beat the Ravens and Packers here. The Panthers can play as loose as your girlfriend (sorry; you ARE a Saint fan :P ), they will be fortunate to pass midfield.

You really wanted him fired last year, the year after you guys went to the NFCCG?

BTW, for anyone concerned, I never said he was fired. His contract runs out and they announced he won't return. Still, the timing of the announcement is deplorable.

YES! He has been stale since the NFCCG in '05. His team went 12-4 in '08 on the backs of Dwill and Stewart, it didn't matter how horrible the play calling was when you can just hand it off and the backs pick up 5ypc each. He was once again exposed in the playoffs against the Cardinals.. Then when the exact same '08 team came back to play in '09, except this time, defenses were keying in on the run game, the play calling was so horrible it made our eyes bleed. They only had that streak at the end of last year because Stewart ate his wheaties and was averaging around 160 yards a game in the last 3 games of '09.

He seems to have blamed everyone but himself. I remember when he insinuated that the horrible play calling in the past was because of Dan Henning, so Richardson fires Henning, hires Davidson and the play calling is magically the exact same. He blamed '09 on injuries, he probably blames '10 on the rookies. How can most of the football community still think this guy is a top rated HC?

And your opinion does matter. But our "vulnerability" is just media spewed garbage. We lost to y'all, probably the second best team in the division, by three points on what amounted to a blown last drive. We recently beat the Ravens and Packers here. The Panthers can play as loose as your girlfriend (sorry; you ARE a Saint fan :P ), they will be fortunate to pass midfield.

Your team wasn't just beat, but methinks exposed...but then again, JMO. The media has been touting this game as a definite win to shuffle John Fox out of Carolina, I think that may create repercussions, but then again, JMO. ^_^

Your team wasn't just beat, but methinks exposed...but then again, JMO. The media has been touting this game as a definite win to shuffle John Fox out of Carolina, I think that may create repercussions, but then again, JMO. ^_^

Yeah, but we were exposed by Philly too, and went on to beat much better teams than Carolina.

I'm positive that we, the Falcon fanbase, are taking Carolina much lighter than our players are. And that's why I think we win big.

;) I can see that. Can definitely see Payton trying to come up with a game plan for Fox's offense. We'll know for sure if the Panthers play in a totally different style than we're accustomed to.

Yeah, but we were exposed by Philly too, and went on to beat much better teams than Carolina.

I'm positive that we, the Falcon fanbase, are taking Carolina much lighter than our players are. And that's why I think we win big.

That's a good point and I'm not saying it won't happen that way. I wouldn't bet money on this game either way though.

;) I can see that. Can definitely see Payton trying to come up with a game plan for Fox's offense. We'll know for sure if the Panthers play in a totally different style than we're accustomed to.

What does he have to lose? That's the way I see it. Also some of the effective defensive strategy from G Williams. There is plenty tape to look at.

What does he have to lose? That's the way I see it. Also some of the effective defensive strategy from G Williams. There is plenty tape to look at.

Nothing at all to lose. Not sure if it's against the rules for the coaches of two teams to collaborate in an effort to beat another team but so what? It's not like the league would ever find out. Fox won't spill it, Payton definitely won't. Fox would get the opportunity to leave on a good note and help his good friend Payton out.

What are you going on about? This is the news that every Panther fan has been waiting to hear for two years. Do you really think it has anything to do with the Falcons?

2 years? Really?

He took the Panthers to the Superbowl and then 2 years ago the NFC Championship game and Panthers fans have been waitng for this?

It's not like Fox threw 5 picks in one game or decided to get rid of all the good players before the possible lockout. Careful what you wish for.

You may end up getting a Bobby Petrino type

2 years? Really?

He took the Panthers to the Superbowl and then 2 years ago the NFC Championship game and Panthers fans have been waitng for this?

It's not like Fox threw 5 picks in one game or decided to get rid of all the good players before the possible lockout. Careful what you wish for.

You may end up getting a Bobby Petrino type

He took them to the SB in '03 and the NFCCG n '05. '08 was one of the most embarrassing losses in nfl playoff history. Since the Hawks whupped em in the '05 NFCCG, they haven't been the same.. the play calling is horrible. Have you ever watched the Panthers play? Look beyond the random lobs down the field that the other team has just as much a chance to catch as the Panthers' receivers do.... you don't think they have some of the most bland, vanilla play calling in the league?

In '09, Fox started the season like 1-5, he had the same "playoff" team that won 12 games in '08... he failed.

He just can't adapt. Not to change, not with coming up with a winning strategy even if some key players are injured.

For example the Saints. It's not like the Saints are oozing talent from every single player on the roster, yet, last year, at one point, they were up there when it came to injuries, still, we saw a HC adapt. We saw all around creative play calling that helped a HC win games and eventually the SB. Injuries should never be an excuse to fail.

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

In a despicable move that reeks of desperation, Richardson announces that John Fox won't return next year.

DUH!!?? Is this supposed to give a bunch of no-talent players the motivation to go out and send their coach into the sunset with one last victory??

Stupid, classless; everything you'd expect from the Pantie organization.

Sorry your last game has to be a blowout loss, Foxy. And sorry your boss is such a turd

Fox already came out and said he wasn't coming back before it was announced to the general public by the team. Everyone new he wasn't going to be back.