Here's to a good game from CLAUSEN in a losing effort

1989Fan

I personally hope we see Clausen put together a great game in a losing effort this Sunday.

Why would I want something so absurd you ask?

Because I dont want Andrew Luck in the South! I fully expectt him to become a stud QB.

Not feeling Brees, Freeman and Luck to account for 6 of our games each year.

There isnt room for 4 elite QB's in one divison!

Here is to Clausen doing just enough for the Panthers to commit to him and set the franchise back another 2-3 seasons! :)

CAR could trade the pic too possibly if Luck isnt there.

I didnt realize the traded away their 2nd rounder. (pick #33)

The best part is they traded it to NE for a 3rd to draft a QB and turn him to a WR (Armanti Edwards, Appalachian State). I read the guy has barely seen the field, so there is a thrown away pick.

CAR loves to sell the future for the present. They do it every year, at least the last 3 anyways (Jeff Otah, Everette Brown, Armanti Edwards)

i would think they wouldn't be that stupid, but they were dumb enough to trade away the #33 pick for a D-II QB to make him a WR ;)

I am hoping he stays. He is a Stanford guy, so his education might matter to him. And with a rookie cap likely to be in place, he may hold out for a potential better landing spot in the 2012 draft.

You *^$&^# are the reason they kept starting Delhomme, in the middle of the worst meltdown in nfl history. Throws 20 ints in the game before and after the Falcons, but throws like 500000 yards against the Falcons and 2 td and BAM. "There's hope".

yep, lol. One more time!

The Panthers are not stupid enough to pass on Andrew Luck. The Panthers know Andrew Luck is the best Q.B. prospect in over 10 years and he could be the next Peyton Manning. All we can hope for is he stays in school.

I disagree. I believe as being a pure prospect, that Sam Bradford was a better projected QB in his Junior year than Luck is. I think people aren't aware of the type of prospect Bradford was because he got injured his senior season, but just about everyone was raving about Bradford even after he recovered from his injury. Heck, the Browns strongly considered almost trading their entire 2010 draft away just for the number 1 pick this past draft. I think Luck is up there, but I don't think he's on the same level as Peyton Manning/Sam Bradford as pure prospects.

I disagree. I believe as being a pure prospect, that Sam Bradford was a better projected QB in his Junior year than Luck is. I think people aren't aware of the type of prospect Bradford was because he got injured his senior season, but just about everyone was raving about Bradford even after he recovered from his injury. Heck, the Browns strongly considered almost trading their entire 2010 draft away just for the number 1 pick this past draft. I think Luck is up there, but I don't think he's on the same level as Peyton Manning/Sam Bradford as pure prospects.

Just in terms of prospects, I think Luck is better than Bradford and Peyton were as prospects. Some scouts questioned if Peyton was worthy of the #1 pick, believing that Leaf would be the better pick (I don't believe Leaf was as good a prospect as Luck either).

If you check out some of the latest scouting reports regarding Luck and compare to the ones about Bradford/Peyton.. you'll see what I mean.

It's a shame that being a great prospect doesn't mean they'll find great success in the NFL.

You just never know, with Sam I watched him for most of his career at OU and with few acceptions he rarely faced any defensive pressure.

When the OL got blown up his Senior season, he got injured, twice.

I never imagined he'd have the career that he's had in St Louis for durability reasons.

But dude is special, has "it."

We'll see how Luck translates to the leauge, but I don't think that this years draft, especially with the expiriing CBA there is any sure bets.

You just never know, with Sam I watched him for most of his career at OU and with few acceptions he rarely faced any defensive pressure.

When the OL got blown up his Senior season, he got injured, twice.

I never imagined he'd have the career that he's had in St Louis for durability reasons.

But dude is special, has "it."

We'll see how Luck translates to the leauge, but I don't think that this years draft, especially with the expiriing CBA there is any sure bets.

Unless he cares more about football, I don't see him coming out this year either. His family is rich, he seems to care about his education, his family has him insured for a lot, in case of injury.

In the slim case that he cares more about football, he may want to jump in while he is the hot topic. Most of his offense may be leaving after this year. His coach may be leaving. This seasons 11-1 may be the pinnacle of what he can do for his team before it all goes down hill with the new players/new coach.

Unless he cares more about football, I don't see him coming out this year either. His family is rich, he seems to care about his education, his family has him insured for a lot, in case of injury.

In the slim case that he cares more about football, he may want to jump in while he is the hot topic. Most of his offense may be leaving after this year. His coach may be leaving. This seasons 11-1 may be the pinnacle of what he can do for his team before it all goes down hill with the new players/new coach.

I hope he doesn't make the same mistake that Jake Locker made.

You *^{:content:}amp;^# are the reason they kept starting Delhomme, in the middle of the worst meltdown in nfl history. Throws 20 ints in the game before and after the Falcons, but throws like 500000 yards against the Falcons and 2 td and BAM. "There's hope".

<<sigh>>

I miss DelHommo :(

And so does our defense