When did you become a Falcons fan?

WCFalcon

How did you become a Falcons fan and when? Just thought this would be kinda cool to hear everyone's stories.

I became a Falcons fan in 2003 at the age of 7. I had no idea why I picked them, I guess I just liked their logo. My dad then bought me a Jamal Anderson jersey (32), and I've stuck with the Falcons ever since. :) But before I became a Falcons fan, my dad tried to convert me into a Colts fan, since he likes the Colts. And my uncle also tried converting me into a Packers fan... Good thing that didn't work out. :P

Been a die-hard ever since 2003. Falcons all the way! :D

Let me hear your story.

In 1966 I was 14 years old when the Falcons came here. All I knew before then was Georgia Tech. Went to 1962 Tech game against Joe Namath/Bear Bryant and Alabama... Tech won 7-6. Anyhow I got to see the greats come into Atlanta including Unitas, Starr, Sayers,Butkis, etc. I remember in 1969 when the Braves made the playoffs and has a Sunday 4 pm game and the Falcons were playing the Colts. They put the Falcons game at Grant Field at 1 pm and ran shuttle busses to Atlanta Fulton County Stadium for a 4 pm kickoff. I got to see both games. In fact, we barely lost to the Colts.

October 5, 1969 at Atlanta Falcons Grant Field

My biggest thrill was going to the Super Bowl in 1999. I want to see them go again before I get too old....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first started watching college football At age 10 and heard all the talk about Vick and watched all his games and followed him to the NFL and stayed here ever since. I kinda of sucks being in AZ with all 20 other falcon fans here which I met at the 08 playoff game

Edited by ICD

I suspect I was a Falcon fan since my conception which happen sometime around January and Feburary of 79. However it wasn't until 1991 that I really got interested. That and the fact if you was born in this family, this is the only team you will ever know. Therefore I was born a Falcon fan and I will die a Falcon fan...its in my genes!!!

I have fully converted my whole family and my girlfriends family to the falcons way of life. I tripled the Arizona fan base single handedly

When i was watching ESPN then i heard about Michael Vick. Looked him up and he was in the 'Atlanta Falcons'. Then i got Madden.. looked for Mike Vicks team and loved it ever since. Especially when i was new to it. Abraham was beast at DE and Brooking at LB. DeAngelo Hall was beast too.

When i was watching ESPN then i heard about Michael Vick. Looked him up and he was in the 'Atlanta Falcons'. Then i got Madden.. looked for Mike Vicks team and loved it ever since. Especially when i was new to it. Abraham was beast at DE and Brooking at LB. DeAngelo Hall was beast too.

about 2007 or 08? Just before the Matt Ryan era. Thats when i got into the NFL

It was the end of the 1991 season....I used to be a niner, raider, jets fan....couldn't make up my mind...then I saw high lights of a team...didn't know who they were...but all I remember was a guy named Deon Sanders was on that team...since I lived in cali we never got to see a game unless they played the 49ers...thats when I saw Atlanta beat the niners and said..oh crap...thats the team with Deon Sanders....and thats when I became a fan of the Falcons also cause they had the black unis... sucks that I don't have NFL sunday ticket any more cause i miss watching them every sunday

Watched Deion Sanders all through his time at Florida State. When he got drafted, I followed him here and the team has grown on me since 1989. I still have a vintage Chris Miller jersey hanging up in the closet too. The old school red one with a Rawlings tag on it, like the ones they used to sell at SEARS.

1991, I really got hooked. What a memorable season that was. I still got the playoff game vs. New Orleans on dvd too.

In 1966 I was 14 years old when the Falcons came here. All I knew before then was Georgia Tech. Went to 1962 Tech game against Joe Namath/Bear Bryant and Alabama... Tech won 7-6. Anyhow I got to see the greats come into Atlanta including Unitas, Starr, Sayers,Butkis, etc. I remember in 1969 when the Braves made the playoffs and has a Sunday 4 pm game and the Falcons were playing the Colts. They put the Falcons game at Grant Field at 1 pm and ran shuttle busses to Atlanta Fulton County Stadium for a 4 pm kickoff. I got to see both games. In fact, we barely lost to the Colts.

October 5, 1969 at Atlanta Falcons Grant Field

My biggest thrill was going to the Super Bowl in 1999. I want to see them go again before I get too old....

I'm a "lifer", man.....since '66. Stuck with the birds through thick and thin....mostly thin. Haha!

Nice to see 'em finally have a good owner, and coaching staff. The moon's the limit, now.

GO YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

It was the end of summer in 1988 and all my cousins and I were at the sports store getting gear for their teams I was a Raiders and 49'ers fan. More as a homer then a true fan. At that time I was 10 years old. My oldest cousin turned to me and said pick a team. He said any team that does not have a winning record, hasn't won a Superbowl and it can't be a team that we like, which was the Saints, Seahawks and Redskins...all my cousins teams. So, I looked around the store and remembering looking at all the hats and I liked the Falcons logo and colors. I asked him if this team had won anything and he said nope, so I said ok this team. I have followed them ever since. Although being from California and being a kid I was a Raiders and 49'ers fan. I stopped being a Raiders fan when they left to Oakland and stopped with the 49'ers when Montana left. But after that whole heatedly became a full-time Falcon fan.

I have fully converted my whole family and my girlfriends family to the falcons way of life. I tripled the Arizona fan base single handedly

I converted a couple of people also, especially at work. It's great to know that we are increasing our fan base in other states. I live in GA, but it is always great to hear people who live in other states that are becoming fans.

Moved to U.S in 1996 from India and became a Falcons Fan (My uncle is crazy about Falcons) in 1997. My 3 yrs old girl and 11 months old boy both are Falcons Fan.

11 months old boy went to 12/27/2010- MNF game

3 yrs old is going on Jan 2nd (My B'day) -- She's been asking me to take her to the game since the season started.

Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

I was 8 when the Falcons started. I've pretty much been a fan my whole life, but more so since about 1969-1970 when I started to really get into football. I remember rooting for Art Malone, Bob Berry, Claude Humphrey, General Lee. I loved the Bartkowski teams.

Can't wait until tomorrow. Hopefully the team comes out and seals the deal. Go Falcons!

Edited by bing4sons