Who wants to see Gartrell Johnson get more carries this Sunday?

sharky

The Miami, Fla., native attended Colorado State, receiving All-Mountain West Conference honors after rushing for 1,476 yards and 12 touchdowns during his senior season. These are some excellent stats. I would love to see this guy get all the running snaps this Sunday after we build a comfortable lead. This dude is fast, strong and explosive and he could be just what we need to replace Norwood. Thoughts?

No. I'm believe he ran a 4.6-4.7 40 at the combine. He's not fast and there is a reason Turner and Snelling are in front of him. He's not that great, he was good in college, but he hasn't showed anything so far in the NFL.

How can he show anything if he's not in the game. I know that Turner and Snelling are our two featured backs but I would still like to see what this guy can do. From what I saw, this guy can run.

I just checked his 40 times and he did clock a 4.71, which was actually the slowest out of all RB's running the 40 that year, only 2 FB's ran slower than him too.

This maybe true but it seems that he has picked uip something, either more speed or quickness, maybe both.

not b/c i think he can fill the need for speed the Falcons have, but yes, i want and expect him to get more carries this Sunday.

with the starters resting on the bench in the 4th qtr, who else is Redman going to hand off to?

;)

The Miami, Fla., native attended Colorado State, receiving All-Mountain West Conference honors after rushing for 1,476 yards and 12 touchdowns during his senior season. These are some excellent stats. I would love to see this guy get all the running snaps this Sunday after we build a comfortable lead. This dude is fast, strong and explosive and he could be just what we need to replace Norwood. Thoughts?

not b/c i think he can fill the need for speed the Falcons have, but yes, i want and expect him to get more carries this Sunday.

with the starters resting on the bench in the 4th qtr, who else is Redman going to hand off to?

;)

Well I did say after we get a comfortable lead.

I don't mind if we give him more touches as long as we put the game away, because that is priority number 1, but I was just informing you that he was not a speed back by any means. At 5'10 220lbs and running a 4.7 40, I don't think anybody could deserve to be called a speed back.

He seems like he could be solid depth, and it'd be nice to see what he can do, but I'm sure the coaches already have a fair assessment of him from practices.

I like Gartrell because he runs hard but honestly I don't know if he brings anything to the table that Turner and snelling don't except for a surprise change-up.

does anyone know if the guys who was signed with Gartrell shawnbrey mcneal is still on the practice squad? By his highlite films I actually thought he would be a good replacement for Norwood.

QUESTION?

Will he be running the 40, or playing in a game? In a league that has a history of player that has not had great 40 times and performed well. Pierre Thomas ran a 4.64, and is the best back the Saints has had since Duece. Arian Foster a 4.68, LaGarrette Blount 4.7 and 4.8, Shonn Greene 4.6. Not to mention Emmitt Smith from back in the day.

QUESTION?

Will he be running the 40, or playing in a game? In a league that has a history of player that has not had great 40 times and performed well. Pierre Thomas ran a 4.64, and is the best back the Saints has had since Duece. Arian Foster a 4.68, LaGarrette Blount 4.7 and 4.8, Shonn Greene 4.6. Not to mention Emmitt Smith from back in the day.

Great Post, man. Let's see if the man can ball

QUESTION?

I wasn't knocking Gartrell Johnson for his 40 yard dash. I'm well aware that the 40 has no bearing on skill, but the original poster was implying that he could take Jerious Norwood's role. Obviously, to compare a RB with Jerious Norwood, I would imagine that they would have to run a sub-4.5. Again, not talking about skill, just the speed range that would qualify someone as a speed back.

I do! Unless it is only because you have a big lead...wait never mind, I'm afraid we will see plenty of him :(

Poor Panthers fans. I remember that pain from the 07 season.

I think we should get Gartrell a good handful of carries unless we really need Turner. We will need Turner and Snelling to be fresh going into the playoffs.

If we have the game in control by halftime I would be all for getting Johnson in to back up Snelling. Turner and Abe should get a rest if we can afford it. White as well w/ his bummed knee.

It's not like if we take some of Turners snaps away and things get close we cant put him right back in ya know.