Is anyone else uncomfortable with the assumption

Falcon Fireman

I am uncomfortable with losing to the Saints. I want to treat this next month as a stepping stone to greatness. This loss felt like we were in quicksand and I want to Rise Up!

At his point of the season it's one game at a time,the football has a funny way of bouncing this time of year. The Falcons don't really ever put somebody away when they have the chance. So you never know.

I think we have the best shot at a superbowl than we have had in a long time. However, I would consider this season a massive success if we made a statement in the playoffs and didnt win the superbowl.

Exactly. Getting to the NFCCG or even the Super Bowl and not winning would still be an accomplishment to me but I just want to see the Falcons lift that trophy! In 98, I was so pissed when we let that title slip through our fingers. We were good enough but just didn't make enough plays on O and D. Thank God for Tim Dwight or it would have been even worse. This is a big post-season in Falcons history, if not the biggest.

I love the Fact we are in the mix this year, but sadly we've done it at a time when the NFC is very strong.

5 or 6 years ago, this team would have been a lock to get to the represent the NFC in the Super Bowl - but not this year. For me, any one of 5 teams in the NFC Playoffs (i.e. everyone except the NFC West Winner) has a legitimate chance of going all the way - so the NFCCG and Super bowl are far from a certianty even if we get HFA.

The Falcons surly have a shot but I still think the best chance of reaching was in 2008 but we know what happened there.

There's no dominate teams in the NFC this year so if you're a fan of any of the 6 teams in the mix you've got to like your chances of making it to the SB. I'm not one of the ones that's penciling in the Falcons for a trip to Dallas, it's not certain that we beat the Saints in 2 weeks.

One game at a time and let the chips fall where they might.

My opinion it is not an assumption. I just think they are the best team and they play well. They still have to line up and play the games. I think if the Falcons line up in the playoffs and play their best ball they will be there. Sure, Monday night was the first time in a while our offense didn't show up. However, playoff time comes, Falcons can beat anybody. This isn't 2008 when we got to the playoffs with a rookie QB. How often do rookie QB's guide a team to the Championship game? Most of the Falcons young players are more experienced now and I don't think the moment will be too big for them.

I don't think it matters if the fans dream about the super bowl- it's the ultimate goal, falcons are as well positioned and as healthy as anyone.

For me, as long as the falcons win that first playoff game, everything else is playing with house money. They've overachieved this year, this is a very young team [mainly] and they'll only get better. Love to see them in the super bowl, and as long as they're not playing NE, they'd have shot to win that too.

Any of the teams that come into the dome can beat the falcons, but they're all flawed as well- Saints can't run the ball, Packers have no depth anywhere, bear's Oline sucks, eagles' Oline is worse.

After laying that egg on monday night I don't think a whole lot of people have that assumption. Hopefully that loss will help us get our A$$ in gear and stay focused.

You think we laid an egg Monday night? We made some costly mistakes and lost to the defending SB champs by 3 points in a very good game. Hardly what I would call laying an egg....

The fans need to be hyped and believe in the team. Otherwise, what fun is it? I know that because of the history of the team, a lot of fans are waiting for that choke to come along and it might, then again it might not. I have been a fan through some really bad chokes in the past and I fully recovered. This is a good team that CAN get it done, we'll find out in the weeks ahead if they do.

It never hurts for fans to believe in their team, no matter how it works out. I personally don't get those who think the team is a one and done team in the playoffs and those who think the fans focus will rub off on the players. But to each his own.

I'm not being direspectful but I hate to see posts proclaiming we are going to the big dance. Lets just crush the Panties and go from there. Bad juju!

Anything less than the NFCCG appearance is considered a disappointment to me and it will be a VERY long off-season and this messageboard will be full of weird and senseless posts (some created by me) until the first preseason game. :blink: :lol:

I'm just enjoying the ride. Regardless of what happens this year in the playoffs, I know this team is here to stay and will have a decade of opportunities to win it all. We aren't a one year wonder anymore.

Ultimately, the Falcons players and coaches will either perform or not perform well enough to get to and win the Super Bowl. We as fans can't control that. I've been around too long to get all stressed out about who is predicting what, or basing my entire view of the team based on what happens in one game.

Do we have a good shot at it? Sure, especially with HFA. This playoff will not be a referendum on how good the team is, but how mature they are. Have they reached the mental level needed to focus and perform when the entire world is watching? I dont know. It could be this year, but it could still take another year, or three.

So, enjoy yourselves, people! They'll play hard, and they'll get it done or they won't. Either way, they'll be around next year and the next getting ready to make a run again and we can debate it again. I think that's just great!