Nick Williams to transfer

Secking

sad news :(

The Liberty Bowl will apparently be Nick Williams’ final game in a Georgia uniform.

The junior from Bainbridge intends to transfer, according to a source close to him.

Williams has shifted between linebacker and safety the past few years, and the lack of a defined position has been a sore point for him.

Williams has played eight games this year, with no starts, recording three tackles. He started the year at strong safety, then moved to middle linebacker, a scenario that also occurred his freshman season.

I wish him well, a very good athlete.

sad news :(

The Liberty Bowl will apparently be Nick Williams’ final game in a Georgia uniform.

The junior from Bainbridge intends to transfer, according to a source close to him.

Williams has shifted between linebacker and safety the past few years, and the lack of a defined position has been a sore point for him.

Williams has played eight games this year, with no starts, recording three tackles. He started the year at strong safety, then moved to middle linebacker, a scenario that also occurred his freshman season.

I wish him well, a very good athlete.

Man I hate to sound like Nick Saban but I'm like "Another scholly open? Sweeeet!" Lol!

Wow, way to go, good eval on recruiting. I guess thats why your D is so talented and dominate. So no one on that staff could define a vision or path for this very talented athlete, or coach him up in a position? I would be very concerned about the assistent coaches ability and judgement....if I were a dog fan.

Wow, way to go, good eval on recruiting. I guess thats why your D is so talented and dominate. So no one on that staff could define a vision or path for this very talented athlete, or coach him up in a position? I would be very concerned about the assistent coaches ability and judgement....if I were a dog fan.

every team has a few players who transfer because they can't win a starting job over a better player or don't progress enough to be a factor. i would be more concerned if i was a hog fan that your defense was no better than a defense that put in a new scheme with a brand new coaching staff. arkansas fans have their own concerns for next year including that defensive coaching staff over there. what's that record again between arkansas and georgia? i seem to recall cmr has done pretty good against the hogs. :lol:

Things that should concern Hawg fans more than anything to do with UGA:

1. Your coach is a coward and human turd.

2. Your recruiting sucks, compared to elite SEC schools, and even UGA :P You will NEVER win the SEC recruiting like you do. So essentially, you're irrelevant. Your sole purpose as a school is to function as a foil to other, better programs. You're the peanut butter of the SECandwich-boring, but needed to provide a buffer between the top and the bottom.

3. Ryan Mallet graduating.

4. Did I mention Arky sucks?

The fact of the matter is, Nick Williams WAS a little mistreated...but not because they couldn't find a good position to develop him at. He was simply not quite as good as either the ILB starters, or the Safety starters, and we had a variety of injuries to backups at both positions, so we shuttled him back and forth. Unfair to him? Perhaps a bit, but it's about team success, not individual success, and if he wanted preferrential treatment, he needs to be more than a dominant athlete, he needs to be a dominant football player, and he wasn't.

Evidence of coaching staff incompetence? Rather the opposite. We needed depth at both positions, and they utilized our best source for both: N. Williams, without pandering to his desires. Thumbs up from me.

The development of guys like Abry Jones, Justin Houston, Akeem Dent, Marcus Dowtin, Sanders Commings tell me what I need to know about the defensive staff.

LOL, this is what we like to refer to as "trolling"...not going to work though. Nick is a very talented kid and will be a good addition to a lower-level school...he just struggled in coverage and that was his undoing at the Safety position. Wish him nothing but the best.

Things that should concern Hawg fans more than anything to do with UGA:

1. Your coach is a coward and human turd.

2. Your recruiting sucks, compared to elite SEC schools, and even UGA :P You will NEVER win the SEC recruiting like you do. So essentially, you're irrelevant. Your sole purpose as a school is to function as a foil to other, better programs. You're the peanut butter of the SECandwich-boring, but needed to provide a buffer between the top and the bottom.

3. Ryan Mallet graduating.

4. Did I mention Arky sucks?

Dang. :lol:

That's a stupid comment... a bunch of bull. This happens all across the country.

Enjoy your once in a blue moon type season and be quiet. :)

This coming from a guy that can't spell 'assistant' or 'judgment'. If one player transfers, I'm perfectly content. Schools go through attrition every year but maybe you were not aware of that.

Troll better next time. By the way, your coach sucks.

Edited by kingjamez