is Harry D the worst route runner in the NFL?

Peria

Not much chemistry like with Roddy. Missed a whole year. They are going on the fly basically. Roddy and Tony have the most chemistry with Ryan right now. I think the same thing will go on with Meier when he comes back next year.

It is a shame how when we lose everybody on our team sucks and should be gone...

I think that when in a game time situation HD is a step behind in his routes. I dont think it has anything to do with him getting off the line, His route running is really bad.

NO, HD is on the field for a reason. He's only shown us a glimps of why but I have faith he will show us more and both you and I will regret doubting him.

I'm not qualified to evaluate that.

I will say this though. I know Harry Douglas. He is a smart guy and he's worked very hard to come back this year. It was never going to be an easy thing.

I think people remember him as having a better year in 2008 than what he actually had because of a few highlight reel plays.

The truth is if he catches 2 passes for 45 yards this week, he will have exactly the same numbers he had in 2008, when everybody was so in love with him.

He'll be fine.

I'd like to see him used in the backfield a little bit more. He would be really good catching there and it would give the offense another dimension.

i agree, i can't understand why we throw screens to guys like justin peele, and mughelli and not HD. He is so much faster and more explosive. Edited by msjacob25

I'm not qualified to evaluate that.

I will say this though. I know Harry Douglas. He is a smart guy and he's worked very hard to come back this year. It was never going to be an easy thing.

I think people remember him as having a better year in 2008 than what he actually had because of a few highlight reel plays.

The truth is if he catches 2 passes for 45 yards this week, he will have exactly the same numbers he had in 2008, when everybody was so in love with him.

He'll be fine.

The stats may be the same, but I don't remember him dropping as many passes or failing to hold on to the ball after taking hit as much in 2008. I think he is quality depth for us, but I question if he is the slot receiver of our future.

i agree, i can't understand why we throw screens to guys like justin peele, and mughelli and not HD. He is so much faster and more explosive.

Man, you hit the nail right on the head! Why go to two of the slowest guys on the field, when you have a speedster like Douglas out there. Our screen passes are almost non-existent, anyway. I say, draw the defense in, and put it over the middle more.

GO YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim

Man, you hit the nail right on the head! Why go to two of the slowest guys on the field, when you have a speedster like Douglas out there. Our screen passes are almost non-existent, anyway. I say, draw the defense in, and put it over the middle more.

GO YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim

Yep I agree Mularkey had better mix it up a little, that offensive game plan was a little stale.

GO YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim

First of all, I think Matty is as much to blame as he is. Watch some of his routes and it's clear that Matt throws it to his wrong shoulder or behind him, etc.

Second of all, it's so frustrating to not see screen passes when we know they work for us! You get Snelling in the open and he can motor. Use their defense's aggressiveness against them. It's not rocket science! Come on MM, open it up!

P.S. How about using Ovie again on a screen!

GO FALCONS!!!

he is a systematic receiver and will always be.he isn't built for taking shots obviously but he has shown greatness on a few plays,Hopefully chemistry will take place,and maybe eventually get him involved in the flat.with that said,I would take a speedy slot in the draft.

Edited by Dwhite

No. Randy Moss is FAR AND AWAY the worst in the NFL. He can only run a straight line.

You're wrong about Moss. He can turn slightly to the inside on occasion... ^_^

As for the topic, no doubt the one thing that could come up and bite us in the playoffs is a lack of overall (reliable) speed. HD is fast, but he still gets lost out there alot and can't be counted on consistently. The other element of speed is on IR, of course, in Norwood.

I suspect that we will be investing high draft picks in getting a fast WR and RB this offseason. HD is not the answer, and Norwood can't stay on the field more than a few games, so he's basically useless to us.