We need what the eagles had Tuesday.

mc

Yes, the eagles lost but they had the refs on their side again. The majority of the pass plays they held like crazy, big holds. Even the blind NBC commentators noticed. Every play almost the eagles got away with a hold or push off. We have never had that kind of relationship with the refs, they had been pretty good up until the saints game last monday but we need that in the playoffs. We will be at home and need the calls/non calls that come with refs believing we are a good team or in the saints case (saviors of a storm). I am fine with the refs just letting the players play, it just can't be the dumb one way crap we got monday. The teams that have this even when playing poorly are the big name teams cowboys, eagles, colts, pats, chargers, etc. We must be viewed as a good team in the refs eyes. No smack talk, no big ego's.

Yes, the eagles lost but they had the refs on their side again. The majority of the pass plays they held like crazy, big holds. Even the blind NBC commentators noticed. Every play almost the eagles got away with a hold or push off. We have never had that kind of relationship with the refs, they had been pretty good up until the saints game last monday but we need that in the playoffs. We will be at home and need the calls/non calls that come with refs believing we are a good team or in the saints case (saviors of a storm). I am fine with the refs just letting the players play, it just can't be the dumb one way crap we got monday. The teams that have this even when playing poorly are the big name teams cowboys, eagles, colts, pats, chargers, etc. We must be viewed as a good team in the refs eyes. No smack talk, no big ego's.

12-3 and some of you Falcons fans are STILL with that garbage about the refs being for the Saints and against the Falcons? Really, I mean, REALLY? :lol:

By the way, I guess you missed the part where the Falcons had ONE penalty go against them? :wacko:

You guys had one penalty called against you and you are saying the refs were out to get you? Sweet ####!

And the Cowboys are one of the most penalized teams in the league man. Remember the celebration penalties this year? The hold on the TD Romo threw that could have beaten the redskins as time expired?

Now you will say " but the Cowboys actually committed those penalties!" tp which I will say, may be, but the refs would never have caiied them if what you say is true, would they?

Dang, some of you I don't get. Least penalties called in the NFL and you complain.

There is NO WAY a team goes a whole game and only commits one penalty. It's not possible.

You guys had one penalty called against you and you are saying the refs were out to get you? Sweet ####!

And the Cowboys are one of the most penalized teams in the league man. Remember the celebration penalties this year? The hold on the TD Romo threw that could have beaten the redskins as time expired?

Now you will say " but the Cowboys actually committed those penalties!" tp which I will say, may be, but the refs would never have caiied them if what you say is true, would they?

Dang, some of you I don't get. Least penalties called in the NFL and you complain.

There is NO WAY a team goes a whole game and only commits one penalty. It's not possible.

Let me explain this so people with single digit IQ can understand it. It is not about the penalties called on you but the ones the refs let you get away with based on scheme. For instance the colts use to run a stretch play alot with peyton and e. james. The TE or RT always had to have some kind of hold on the DE or LB for this to work, but it was never called. The cowboys should have twice as many penalties on them this year but they don't, neither do the eagles. Our OL has been together for a long time, so no false starts which accounts for alot of the penalties called in a game. we also play zone alot with takes away the PI on our dbs. I already said the refs have been good to us this year. First time in a long time. I watched green bay run a play on 1 yd line, the FB goes to the ground, the rb is held up. the FB has time to get up, run around the pile and push the rb into the endzone for a td. no call of forward progress stopped. nothing. same with a. crumpler and the browns in 2002, crump had a td catch that was ruled incomplete when anyone with eyes could see it was. Same with shockley's non catch that hit the ground. He didn't catch it period. It didn't move b/c it was on the freakin ground.

LOL Pencil, good to see a non football fan back on the boards.

Edited by mc

Refs are like the weather ... you get what you get, and you can't pitch a fit.

There were enough calls that could have went either way that to me it was a wash. I was fully expecting to get a PI against us when that pass hit DeCoud in the back in the endzone while he was covering Lance Moore. I've seen far less called that way.

We've had a fairly decent year of getting calls. i can't complain about it now.

Refs are like the weather ... you get what you get, and you can't pitch a fit.

There were enough calls that could have went either way that to me it was a wash. I was fully expecting to get a PI against us when that pass hit DeCoud in the back in the endzone while he was covering Lance Moore. I've seen far less called that way.

We've had a fairly decent year of getting calls. i can't complain about it now.

If the ball wasn't underthrown it would probably been PI but decoud didn't touch moore.