I have to get something off my chest...

The NFC West... How upsetting it was to see other teams going to the SuperBowl, year after year. Rams, 49ers, then the Falcons... and even worse, Carolina with Jake Delhomme, from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana (another ex-Saint) at the helm! Would it ever be the Saints? Nope. Not until after the realignment. Finally, the Saints made it and even won. It was like New Years outside, even moreso. There were fireworks audible for miles around, honking horns everywhere. Ever since year #1, it was 'well, there is always next year'. Now, we can say 'there is always last year'. Let me say that I sincerely hope that the Falcons do go to and win the SuperBowl. Y'all have a young QB and a coach that is very dedicated. The only time I wouldn't root for the Falcons is when they play the Saints.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP. The Falcons played GREAT defense on Monday night and lost by only 3 points to the defending Superbowl champs. In fact, we beat ourselves with those two costly turnovers. I don't see how that is being "exposed". I could see that if we got blown out but it was a close tough fought game all the way to the end. To the person who said ESPN is biased you are right. They are all over any NE team. Unfortunately I live in the NE now and ESPN Radio over here has been absolutely high on the freakin Jets since day one of the season like they were going to go 16-0. Yet the Falcons can't get any respect.

Why is it that when the Falcons lost to the Saints (by 3 points) on Monday night everyone wants to talk about how we aren't as good as the other NFC playoff teams, but then the next day the so called "Best team in the NFC" Philadelphia Eagles get beaten by a bad team at home and it's because "they came out flat" or every other lame excuse? The last time I checked, the Falcons have the best record in the NFC and have only lost to three playoff teams. Two of them are division winners and the other (the Saints) would be if it wasn't for us. We have not lost to any teams that we are supposed to beat, but yet we are not the best team in the NFC? I just dont get it.

Well done Diz. U hit the nail on the head. Keep the faith man. I swear, we will force these people to recognize this team for being a solid unit. Even if it goes against everything they have been taught in the past. The refusal to give the Falcons the profs they deserve will begin to have an adverse affect on the reputations of those who will not let go of their good ol' boy nfl roots. Just look at our division man. A new breed of NFL teams are emerging and its hard for some of the old timers to let go of their past affiliations.

I tried not to watch but those 'talking heads' know what they're 'talking bout'.

Man, when is everybody in Atlanta going to stop "Looking for Love in all the wrong places"? ESPN is a viewer based business. There are more viewers in the NE and Mid West and face it, those folks don't give a s**t about "anything down here". Get over it! We don't need their approval. Stop watching! BTW- NFL network is the same deal. I just hope our players catch a little "tude" and put it on the field! Lay down the "good" hits (Aka Scott Case) and take your chances on the flags. Record score this weekend! Let's go!!!!!!!

Why is it that when the Falcons lost to the Saints (by 3 points) on Monday night everyone wants to talk about how we aren't as good as the other NFC playoff teams, but then the next day the so called "Best team in the NFC" Philadelphia Eagles get beaten by a bad team at home and it's because "they came out flat" or every other lame excuse? The last time I checked, the Falcons have the best record in the NFC and have only lost to three playoff teams. Two of them are division winners and the other (the Saints) would be if it wasn't for us. We have not lost to any teams that we are supposed to beat, but yet we are not the best team in the NFC? I just dont get it.

I hear you LOUD and CLEAR...I was wondering the same thing! There's CLEARLY something most of the so called "experts" have against our squad/organization. I'm curious to know WHEN and WHY the Falcons organization became the "hated villain" of the NFL???

I've heard everybody hates a WINNER, which we clearly are, but d@mn!!

Northeastern bias makes a lotta sense. Lack of respect has always been a problem for teams in the NFC South. It seems no one gives them any credit until they win a SB. Well TB wone one,NO won one, so I guess its our time to get a little respect :rolleyes:

As a Saints fan , I'll be the first to admit that you guys have had a fantastic season ; not sure what the deal is with the national media bias against you guys (maybe it IS a "anti-Southern" bias (?)), but keep in mind that we didn't get ANY respect last year , either , even when we were 13-0 (and it was them (the national media) that blew the "Katrina angle" all out of proportion) ----------If you guys are the BEST this year (thus far), than certainly we would be right there with you , and either one of our two teams WILL win it all , because the rest of the NFC is garbage , although Green Bay does pose a possible threat if they get hot (Eagles and Bears not as complete as ATL or NO , and the West division winner has NO CHANCE) ....................

The media just flat out hate the Falcons for no aparent reason at all. As fans we just have to live with it. We lose to the Saints in the Ga Dome by 3 points, and what do you know, the media is hyping them up once again as the greatest of all time. The only thing I have to say is....what does that make the Falcons since that's what championship teams do when the Saints beat us? But when the Falcons won in the Superdome, the media made every excuse in the book for the Saints.

I don't get it either, but I have honestly not watched any ESPN or NFL Network since we lost. For that reason my friend, they are just talking heads.

Real talk. Because we know their going downplay the Falcons as much as they can from the loss. So as Falcon fans, there's no reason to watch Trent Dilfer feeling on himself and getting hot over the Saints. "Reguardless" win or lose.

Dead On!

Simple. Chalk it up to good ol' ESPN Northeastern BIAS!

<_<

I think a lot of the analyst have had some kind of bad time in the ATL. Maybe they got snubbed by the ladies, maybe as ex players they got mistreated while playing here or something. It just seems that there is an underlying disrespect for this part of the country.

Either way, I'll take our 3 point loss to a good team over a beat down by a beaten down bad team any day. Philly's loss to the Vikings was a disgrace.

I've reached the conclusion that they don't do any real analysis. They pick the teams they coached or played for or whom ever looks good on paper or is the years trendy pick.

Jimmie Johnson even stated it on Fox last Sunday. He talked about how year after year Cowboys are picked to contend and they disappoint.

It's implied that the OP has a picture of himself as an avatar wearing a hideous red hat which my two eyes can see.

It ain't that hard. :lol:

U know what Saintdogg... it's funny u say to change my hat to black and gold. U see I am a N.O. native... Ive never really been a Saints fan, but of course most of my fam is. Though the Saints did win the SB last year it's funny how all of a sudden there "Saints fans" started popping out of nowhere... I've always been a Falcons fan and always will. If u gave me a "black and gold" hat I would probably stomp on it. Lol! It's nothing personal, i'm just a die hard Falcons fan. I love talking smack with all my fam when our teams play. I know the history of the Saints and it wasn't real pretty til last year, but talkin to some of the unrealistic Saints fans they will act as if they are some model franchise. Lol!.... U can't pull the wool over my eyes, I know the history of the Aints, and one SB won't change that. GOOOO FALCONS!!

We got the same disrespect last year and this year. The problem is the NFL and all the other northern teams dont like us ( Saints Falcons) but we ( Saints and Falcons fans) know we have the best conference and best teams in the NFL. What is gonna happen this is year is one of our teams will represent the NFC in the Superbowl and the NFL, ESPN, Fox and whoever else can kiss our A**....

Good Luck in the Playoffs....