I have to get something off my chest...

Why is it that when the Falcons lost to the Saints (by 3 points) on Monday night everyone wants to talk about how we aren't as good as the other NFC playoff teams, but then the next day the so called "Best team in the NFC" Philadelphia Eagles get beaten by a bad team at home and it's because "they came out flat" or every other lame excuse? The last time I checked, the Falcons have the best record in the NFC and have only lost to three playoff teams. Two of them are division winners and the other (the Saints) would be if it wasn't for us. We have not lost to any teams that we are supposed to beat, but yet we are not the best team in the NFC? I just dont get it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was anticipating this as soon as the game ended last night.

Atlanta was somehow EXPOSED as pretenders by our DIVISION RIVAL, the much-touted DEFENDING CHAMPS who our Birds already beat this year, but the FEABLES lose to the terrible Vikings and there is little to no talk about how lackluster they really are.

I better stop talking before I get myself really angry <_<

I was anticipating this as soon as the game ended last night.

Atlanta was somehow EXPOSED as pretenders by our DIVISION RIVAL, the much-touted DEFENDING CHAMPS who our Birds already beat this year, but the FEABLES lose to the terrible Vikings and there is little to no talk about how lackluster they really are.

I better stop talking before I get myself really angry <_<

I'm already angry...

Why is it that when the Falcons lost to the Saints (by 3 points) on Monday night everyone wants to talk about how we aren't as good as the other NFC playoff teams, but then the next day the so called "Best team in the NFC" Philadelphia Eagles get beaten by a bad team at home and it's because "they came out flat" or every other lame excuse? The last time I checked, the Falcons have the best record in the NFC and have only lost to three playoff teams. Two of them are division winners and the other (the Saints) would be if it wasn't for us. We have not lost to any teams that we are supposed to beat, but yet we are not the best team in the NFC? I just dont get it.

I don't get it either man. After we defeated the packers all we heard about was Rodgers fumble on the 1 yd line and that GB would've won if it didn't happen and blah blah blah..After week 3 and even now all we hear about is the missed field goal in NO....We lost to NO Monday night and I haven't heard one "expert" say anything about Turner fumbling at the 1 yd line or even about the bad snap...All I hear is how the Saints showed they are true contenders. If we win that game and the saints fumble at the 1 we wouldn't hear the end of it. I know the "experts" are paid to say most of the things they say but it still angers me because of the bias.

:angry::angry:

Get it off your chest, through your lips and into the peoples ears. I am so tired of the double standard. We kick some serious butt on Monday. If you take away the two (very uncharacteristic) Falcon turn overs, we won the game. Having the due respect for the abilities of the Saints quarterback and a very strong showing by there defense... we kicked ***. After being a fan since the early 90's I have to stand up shout with pride at how incredible our Atlanta team has become. The Atlanta Defense was amazing on Monday. I am having a hard time believing what is happening to are organization. I truly believe we will beat the Saints in the post season and, without any doubt, beat the Pat.'s at the Super Bowl. RISE UP ATLANTA!

man that title is eerily reminiscent of that one crazy night in college that every one has and then the next morning when you wake up with a hang over and you realize you need a shower and you wash your chest over and over like that scene from the crying game. then you tell your girlfriend you guys aren't drinking anymore.

I don't get it either man. After we defeated the packers all we heard about was Rodgers fumble on the 1 yd line and that GB would've won if it didn't happen and blah blah blah..After week 3 and even now all we hear about is the missed field goal in NO....We lost to NO Monday night and I haven't heard one "expert" say anything about Turner fumbling at the 1 yd line or even about the bad snap...All I hear is how the Saints showed they are true contenders. If we win that game and the saints fumble at the 1 we wouldn't hear the end of it. I know the "experts" are paid to say most of the things they say but it still angers me because of the bias.

:angry::angry:

well had we not fumbled at the 1 we would have won as well.. f**k the media

Until we win something ( like a title ) then we will not get the benefit of the doubt. What's sad is, you people not knowing that and crying like little girls about it.