Why getting number 1 seed is so important

Last 20:

NFC Super Bowl qualifiers

No. 1 seed: 12 times

No. 2 seed: 5 times

No. 3 seed: 1 time

No. 4 seed: 1 time

No. 5 seed: 1 time

No. 6 seed: has never qualified for the Super Bowl.

AFC Super Bowl qualifiers

No. 1 seed: 8 times

No. 2 seed: 6 times

No. 4 seed: 4 times

No. 5 seed: Never

No. 6 seed: 1 time

SUPER BOWL WINNERS

No. 1 seed: 9 times

No. 4 seed: 2 times

Stole this from a bear who stole it from a packer. It is common sense that you want a first round bye but when you look at the actual numbers it is clear that the 1 and 2 seeds have the biggest chances of success.

I'd also say this makes a good argument for why the seeding should change. Getting a WC even with a better record still makes it almost impossible to win it all. A home game gives the 3rd and 4th seed a much better shot.

another stat to support this post: 33-7

the record of the top 2 seeds in the NFC in 2nd round games (their first after the bye).

there's a BIG difference between having to win 2 vs having to win 3 games to make it to the Super Bowl. the stat of 17-3 (# of times the NFC 1 or 2 seed has made the SB) shows just how much that bye matters.

another stat to support this post: 33-7

the record of the top 2 seeds in the NFC in 2nd round games (their first after the bye).

there's a BIG difference between having to win 2 vs having to win 3 games to make it to the Super Bowl. the stat of 17-3 (# of times the NFC 1 or 2 seed has made the SB) shows just how much that bye matters.

Nice.

Last 20:

NFC Super Bowl qualifiers

No. 1 seed: 12 times

No. 2 seed: 5 times

No. 4 seed: 1 time

No. 6 seed: has never qualified for the Super Bowl.

AFC Super Bowl qualifiers

No. 1 seed: 8 times

No. 4 seed: 4 times

No. 5 seed: Never

SUPER BOWL WINNERS

No. 1 seed: 9 times

No. 4 seed: 2 times

Stole this from a bear who stole it from a packer. It is common sense that you want a first round bye but when you look at the actual numbers it is clear that the 1 and 2 seeds have the biggest chances of success.

I'd also say this makes a good argument for why the seeding should change. Getting a WC even with a better record still makes it almost impossible to win it all. A home game gives the 3rd and 4th seed a much better shot.

Because this regime has only lost (4?) games at home in almost 3 years. You should put that stat with the others you have listed above. B)

Edited by theyhateme

i hope the wildcard teams get knocked out first round by the 3rd and 4th seeds..id love to play seattle or st louis again, then move on to chicago because we owe jay cutler for giving matt ryan his first and only lost in the dome before monday..

I'm convinced that playing the Aints agives us our best chance of winning. Their classless team and classless fans have really thrown some gasoline on the fire!

i hope the wildcard teams get knocked out first round by the 3rd and 4th seeds..id love to play seattle or st louis again, then move on to chicago because we owe jay cutler for giving matt ryan his first and only lost in the dome before monday..

I think it had more to do with Peyton Hillis but yeah i hope the NFC West winner knocks off the WC.

I think we definitely need the 1 seed.... if we lose to Carolina at home on Sunday then we deserve to be a wild card. I seriously doubt we lose to the Panties simply because this regime has shown that they dont lose against teams that we are supposed to beat.

lets go gather a few pantha skins then whudda ya say my man??!!!! Falcons are poised to swoop down out of the high noon sun, unseen, sink its talons, seize its prey, and rip out that jugular... angry.gif