Love from Skip?

Falco4

apologize if this is an old post, but Bayless actually defended the falcons for a change. The question on ESPN FIRST TAKE today was, "Did Rodgers deserve to be in the pro bowl?" Derrick Brooks said that he would replace Ryan with Rodgers because Rodgers is a better QB than Ryan now at this point (He did say that Ryan was on his way to the upper echelon of QBs, but as of now, Rodgers is slightly ahead".

Bayless, surprisingly said that Matt Ryan deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. He said that the Ryan-White combo was the best in the NFL, and that it was Pro-bowl caliber. He also said that nobody projected the Falcons to be the #1 seed in the NFC and that Ryan was an integral part of that. He said that Ryan outplayed Rodgers in the georgia dome, and that Rodgers had a lot of questionable decisions this year in big games. On top of all this, Bayless said that a lot of falcon fans will be surprised by his statements, lol.

Rodgers deserves to be in, and will be once Ryan backs out, but he deserved to be in over Brees if anyone.

agreed. i love how the media (and public in general) love the high-risk, high reward guys (Favre, Brees, Cuter, etc). Like, these guys can throw an unlimited amount of INTs, but because they are prone to spectacular TD bombs, the media loves them. Ryan deserves to be there for obvious reasons, more notabl Wins and Losses. Rodgers should have made it over Brees. 21 INTs? C'mon man.

agreed. i love how the media (and public in general) love the high-risk, high reward guys (Favre, Brees, Cuter, etc). Like, these guys can throw an unlimited amount of INTs, but because they are prone to spectacular TD bombs, the media loves them. Ryan deserves to be there for obvious reasons, more notabl Wins and Losses. Rodgers should have made it over Brees. 21 INTs? C'mon man.

Bayless' job is to be the counterpoint. He is given the facts that ESPN wants him to read. Any other time he is clueless. Freeman or Rodgers should've been selected over Brees.

Rodgers deserves to be in, and will be once Ryan backs out, but he deserved to be in over Brees if anyone.

I don't understand why Ryan would be the odd man out to so many. Rodgers deserved to get in but Brees shouldn't have gotten the nod. No way he should have gotten in over Rodgers with all those turnovers.

a stopped clock is right twice a day. he is an idiot who cares more about saying something that will draw attention than actually knowing anything about sports.

His job is to be controversial, and he does it well. The guy is no idiot. People might not like what he does, but he is no dummy.

His job is to be controversial, and he does it well. The guy is no idiot. People might not like what he does, but he is no dummy.

i didn't mean idiot in terms of general knowledge; he seems well-spoken. but in terms of sports knowledge, i've read his pieces when he worked for DMN and catch him on ESPN in various forums and have never heard him make a coherent argument that he'll consistently defend.

he reminds me of the grocery list fridge magnets - just randomly chosen words in bold that have no actual substance when you actually try to comprehend the sentences.

I wouldn't classify Brees as high risk high reward like those other QB's you mentioned. Brees is having a bad year with all those INT's, but that's not the norm for him. Favre has always thrown a lot of INT's, Cutler too. Those guys might have a season or two with few INT's, but the norm for them is high by upper echelon QB standards.

Rodgers was hurt by his injuries and not pulling his team through in some big games. Brees is 2nd in TD's and yards. All these guys are deserving. All will get an opportunity to be in it when it's all said and done thanks to the Superbowl that week.