Sugar Bowl pressured Ohio State to keep players eligible for bowl game

Carter

I can't say that I'm surprised. The NCAA is just like any other business. Money outweighs anything whether it is right or wrong.

Yeah and another thing that kills me about issues like this is the fact that these bowl execs, conference execs, the NCAA, athletic directors, head coaches, the university itself... they're all making millions with no penalty, while AJ Green sells a jersey for $1000 or Ohio State players sell their stuff for roughly the same amount and an entire season gets sabotaged for their team.

All these people are making SO MUCH MONEY off these young men playing football and aside from a mostly paid for education that few take seriously, all the players get is an endless list of things they can't do to benefit themselves or their family in any way while they work their tails off to compete at a game. With completely obscure standards for enforcement or punishments.

I think the whole system is backwards. It's like a government sanctioned form of slavery over athletes.

I don't remember his name, but there was a NCAA rep doing an interview on ESPN. It was hilarious hearing him actually trying to give a legit reason for why the players weren't suspended for the Sugar Bowl... talking about how the players weren't adequately informed about selling their stuff.... yeah right we're not stupid.

The NCAA is slowly killing themselves. We will see teams and/or conferences pull away from the NCAA, its only a matter of time IMO.

Mark Cuban is trying to do away with the BCS but I have a better business plan for him.

Take this example, the AU example among other examples and present it to the mid-major conferences. Lay out an argument of how you will NEVER be able to compete under the NCAA guidelines due to their corruption that only favors the major conferences. You could set up a new league completely separate from the NCAA where you actually pay the players a monthly salary. That would turn college football upside down. I think its only a matter of time until somebody pulls the trigger.

I love my Bulldogs and college football but I hate the business side of the sport. From the BCS to the NCAA rulings, absolutely despicable and this is just another clear example.

I can't say that I'm surprised. The NCAA is just like any other business. Money outweighs anything whether it is right or wrong.

The problem with that is the the NCAA is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization. They are not supposed to be like every other business.

As much as I hate seeing politicians get involved with sports, I think that it's high time that congress call the NCAA to the carpet for their practices of exploiting student athletes in what amounts to a milti-billion dollar industry of indentured servitude.

Reports are all 5 will return next year apparently Tressel told them if they didnt plan on coming back then they couldnt travel with the team to the Sugar Bowl

If they dont hold up to their end and listen they are dead to me.

MY honest opinion is quite simple. You know the rules that's it. The players may not like them ( i disagree with the rules myself) but cmon hold out for that pay check in the nfl. You knwo herron posey and pryor are going to make decent money none might go in a top round but still the check wont be bad. JUST Follow the rules

I do agree the same with Green is that they were gifts to them gifts to the player. Your telling my my family buys me an ps3 and i sell it the ncaa will punish me? It's ********. They should be allowed to sell whatever gifts they choose. They might have full athletic scholarships but i feel their pain. I had grants and loans and all but that covers the esentials i had to get a job to pay for my cell phone anything i might want to buy my family or girlfriend and its hard in college i cant imagine pilling on practice games and traveling too. it's just not easy at all so as a osu student myself do i like it No. But you have to follow the rules under that kind of spotlight regardless of how dumb they are