If Falcons Make Superbowl, Would you throw a Party

manfam

For those of us that are not rich enough to get tickets to Dallas, what would you do. Party hosted, a Sports bar, Watch normally at home, etc.

i hosted a party in '98. it was great fun until the game started and it was obvious the "just happy to be there" team was the one i was rooting for.

i'll be in kentucky SB weekend this season. will find a sports bar where other ATL fans are gathered.

i hosted a party in '98. it was great fun until the game started and it was obvious the "just happy to be there" team was the one i was rooting for.

i'll be in kentucky SB weekend this season. will find a sports bar where other ATL fans are gathered.

I went to a party and ended up watching it laying on their couch with 2 blankets on me as I came down with the flu or something...

It is entirely dependent on who we would be playing.

If we played the Patriots, I know I couldn't go to (or host) any viewing party up in Boston because if (IF!) things didn't turn out as planned, I might lose some friendships. :P I am a VERY unpleasant person to be around when my football team loses.

If it's any other team we're playing, all my college friends will default to rooting for Matty, and I'm planning for the party to be at my place for sure!!

Well, when the Saints were in the Super Bowl last year, we had 3 other couples over. One was from Indy, but not a big football fan, so he was for the Saints, too! We had a good time, but even with a bigscreen, if you wanna really WATCH the game, don't invite too many people because it's hard to find a good spot in an overcrowded room! It was fun watching with other people, though! I would recommend it!

I might do a party but all guest would have to go through an application process. I hate going to Super Bowl parties and 3/4 of the people there are just there because of the word "party" and chit-chat throughout the entire game. That's when the Falcons AREN'T playing. It would be worse if they are.

Here's a short questionnaire I suggest you have them fill out to decide if they can attend:

1) Name the stadium the Atlanta Falcons play their home games in.

2) Name at least five players on the Falcons roster.

3) What is the name of our head coach?

4) Prior to this season, when was the last time the Falcons reached the Super Bowl.

5) What year did we draft our starting quarterback?

6) What college did our starting running back go to?

7) Name three players in the Falcons "Ring of Honor"?

8) Who is the Falcons all-time leading receiver (in yardage)?

9) Which coach led the "Grits Blitz" defense?

10) What year did the Falcons come into existence?

A score of 70% or better will gain you admittance. Most true fans should be able to pull that off rather easily.

I will probably watch it at home with as few people as possible. When I watch the Falcons I'm going to be talking non stop, but don't want to hear anyone else talking because if I'm not it's due to the fact that I'm watching a play. Plus, the emotional roller coaster that I'll be on would be more than others need to see.

I

Here's a short questionnaire I suggest you have them fill out to decide if they can attend:

1) Name the stadium the Atlanta Falcons play their home games in.

2) Name at least five players on the Falcons roster.

3) What is the name of our head coach?

4) Prior to this season, when was the last time the Falcons reached the Super Bowl.

5) What year did we draft our starting quarterback?

6) What college did our starting running back go to?

7) Name three players in the Falcons "Ring of Honor"?

8) Who is the Falcons all-time leading receiver (in yardage)?

9) Which coach led the "Grits Blitz" defense?

10) What year did the Falcons come into existence?

A score of 70% or better will gain you admittance. Most true fans should be able to pull that off rather easily.

This is funny :lol::lol: and might just be serious at the same time with this. I understand your point.

For those of us that are not rich enough to get tickets to Dallas, what would you do. Party hosted, a Sports bar, Watch normally at home, etc.

Host one for sure..

But here is a thought I wish someone would make to the F.O. and Mr. Blank.

Open up the Ga. Dome sell tickets for 5.00 (give to the $$ to charity) and have the world's largest SB party in the dome. Open up concessions and sell stuff as usual.

I remember in 98' cooking redhorse suckers with a few friends before the game under the carport(wet miserable day)I also remeber my wife not being home and I had to start the VCR myself. Bad idea. A couple of days later I checked my tape and the 1st half I had taped the Home Shopping Network.I don't drink anymore so maybe I can figure out the DVR this time!

Family Party, approx. 25 people. Some would love the TV commercials more than the game.

I would be standing.............pacing...............eating, drinking................yelling.................too nervous to sit down....................for 4 hours. If the phone rings, it goes to voicemail.

I remember in 98' cooking redhorse suckers with a few friends before the game under the carport(wet miserable day)I also remeber my wife not being home and I had to start the VCR myself. Bad idea. A couple of days later I checked my tape and the 1st half I had taped the Home Shopping Network.I don't drink anymore so maybe I can figure out the DVR this time!

Looking back, probably glad you didn't tape it, given the results. BTW - What's redhorse suckers?