Panthers last played on Dec.23

Bring It

The only thing that I'm slightly worried about is that the Panthers have nothing to lose. They can go for it on every 4th down. Or they can kick onside kicks. They can run the ball every down and never throw it. Who knows what we'll see from them.

They still have to stop Turner and put pressure on Ryan and cover Roddie and TG and not throw to Grimes and what else am I missing?

The only thing that I'm slightly worried about is that the Panthers have nothing to lose. They can go for it on every 4th down. Or they can kick onside kicks. They can run the ball every down and never throw it. Who knows what we'll see from them.

That would be a problem but they wont keep up with our offensive attack. And Their not talented enough on offense to be a threat for 4 quarters IMO.

The Panthers will be coming into the Dome on Sunday with 9 days rest and preparation time..............the Falcons, 5 days.

Big difference.

Will this be a big deal ?? It could be.

Then again, Clausen is their QB.

Never mind.

I believe the Panthers have more incentive to lose the game than win (#1 draft pick). The Falcons have more incentive to win than to lose (Division title and home field) . The time off will not make a difference in my humble opinion.

as long as jimmy clausen is around im not that worried. he makes them one dimensional. we could put 8 in the box to stop the run and not worry about our secondary.

That is excellent in theory but won't matter if the Falcons miss their gaps again, like they did in the second half of the first game with Carolina.

I think that embarrassing 3rd quarter against Carolina in the first game is probably a good thing now. There is no way the defense goes into this game taking that running game lightly.

I believe the Panthers have more incentive to lose the game than win (#1 draft pick). The Falcons have more incentive to win than to lose (Division title and home field) . The time off will not make a difference in my humble opinion.

Except Panther players on the field couldn't care less about a top draft pick.............someone to take their job.

John Fox will be long gone come draft time. He has ZERO interest in making that team better for next year.

No, I think the Panthers realize that their contracts demand they play a game on Sunday, they don't like the Falcons, they're p.issed that the Falcons are as good as they are, all they have to play for is personal pride and to end a miserable season and "The John Fox Era" on a possitive note, something they can look back on with pride. I think each player likes Fox and will want to win for him also.

All this adds up to is.............You will get their best effort, I'm sure.

Except Panther players on the field couldn't care less about a top draft pick.............someone to take their job.

John Fox will be long gone come draft time. He has ZERO interest in making that team better for next year.

No, I think the Panthers realize that their contracts demand they play a game on Sunday, they don't like the Falcons, they're p.issed that the Falcons are as good as they are, all they have to play for is personal pride and to end a miserable season and "The John Fox Era" on a possitive note, something they can look back on with pride. I think each player likes Fox and will want to win for him also.

All this adds up to is.............You will get their best effort, I'm sure.

I do not believe they will lie down and allow the Falcons to run all over them. And I think they have pride, want to win the game and realize that their contracts may be affected. Having said that, I do not think they have a very good team this year and despite these intangibles, the Falcons simply have a better team this year and are playing at a higher level of football than the Planthers. In my humble view, the Panthers can play their best game with the talent they have this year and will still lose to the Falcons.