Green Bay or New Orleans in divisional round.

Farmer2

It looks pretty probable that Green Bay is in. With Philly losing, Chicago has locked up the #2 seed. They'll probably rest or pull starters against Green Bay, b/c assuming we beat Carolina, they'll already know the results of our game at kickoff. So Green Bay should win. IMO they'd probably win anyway.

So that means GB goes to Philly and New Orleans goes to Seattle/St Louis. In an ideal world Philly and Seattle would win, but that won't happen. If I were a betting man, I'd say GB goes into Philly and takes care of business. Meaning we'll see Green Bay. I don't fear them, but IMO they are the 2nd best team right now in the NFC behind us.

Personally, I'd rather see New Orleans b/c I want a tie breaker against them. But I also think a best case scenario is a New Orleans ATL NFC Championship game. That would be awesome. That would make going to a superbowl even sweeter!!

It looks pretty probable that Green Bay is in. With Philly losing, Chicago has locked up the #2 seed. They'll probably rest or pull starters against Green Bay, b/c assuming we beat Carolina, they'll already know the results of our game at kickoff. So Green Bay should win. IMO they'd probably win anyway.

So that means GB goes to Philly and New Orleans goes to Seattle/St Louis. In an ideal world Philly and Seattle would win, but that won't happen. If I were a betting man, I'd say GB goes into Philly and takes care of business. Meaning we'll see Green Bay. I don't fear them, but IMO they are the 2nd best team right now in the NFC behind us.

Personally, I'd rather see New Orleans b/c I want a tie breaker against them. But I also think a best case scenario is a New Orleans ATL NFC Championship game. That would be awesome. That would make going to a superbowl even sweeter!!

i will rather play the Aint's than Green Bay, we know the Ain'ts better than we know Green Bay.....**wink***

The greatest single scenario for me would be to:

1) Defeat New Orleans to avenge Monday night and take out the Super Bowl champion

2) Followed by an absolute annihilation of the Philadelphia Eagles to avenge their annihilation of us earlier in the season and absolutely shut up all of the Vick supporters who, as Atlanta Falcons fans, pull for Vick as a "victim" such that ALL Falcon fans can finally embrace our great young, dedicated and focused QB, current players and coaches.

This would be heaven for me and whatever we accomplishment after this in the Super Bowl would be icing on the cake!

Edited by Quarterback

1) Defeat New Orleans to avenge Monday night and take out the Super Bowl champion

2) Followed by an absolute annihilation of the Philadelphia Eagles to avenge their annihilation of us earlier in the season and absolutely shut up all of the Vick supporters who, as Atlanta Falcons fans, pull for Vick as a "victim" such that ALL Falcon fans can finally embrace our great young, dedicated and focused QB, current players and coaches.

This would be heaven for me and whatever we accomplishment after this in the Super Bowl would be icing on the cake!

I would agree that this would be the sweetest scenario, but I don't see anyway the Eagles get through GB and Chicago.

I would agree that this would be the sweetest scenario, but I don't see anyway the Eagles get through GB and Chicago.

You're probably right.

On the other side the team I would least like to match up with is Green Bay. I think Rodgers is better than Vick and Cutler and we just saw what an elite quality QB can do on Monday night. With Green Bays' defense this is the team I fear most as I think we could handle the Eagles, Saints (in the rubber match) or Chicago at home,

New Orleans - I want to kill their dreams and then I want Smitty to jump up and down like a little girl the way that Peyton does.

Well, I think that the scenario of Green Bay getting a win at the Linc, while not impossible, would have to be considered improbable, meaning they wouldn't be favored for sure.

IMO, Atlanta and New Orleans are the two best teams in this conference. Odds are we play them again to open the playoffs, but I don't really have a preference much. It would be pretty cool to have the Saints travel to Chicago for a playoff game. With the weather and that crap field, they would have trouble.

Well, I think that the scenario of Green Bay getting a win at the Linc, while not impossible, would have to be considered improbable, meaning they wouldn't be favored for sure.

IMO, Atlanta and New Orleans are the two best teams in this conference. Odds are we play them again to open the playoffs, but I don't really have a preference much. It would be pretty cool to have the Saints travel to Chicago for a playoff game. With the weather and that crap field, they would have trouble.

Why shouldn't we think GB can beat the Eagles in Philly when the lowly Vikings just did it? The Packers are better than the Vikings.

Why shouldn't we think GB can beat the Eagles in Philly when the lowly Vikings just did it? The Packers are better than the Vikings.

I'm not saying they can't, they probably won't. Playing on the road in the playoffs is tough enough when a team is full strength. Without a running game to speak of and with Philly's DBs that isn't a game one could just assume a win. Philly will have the advantage.

I'd love to have that happen, don't get me wrong. It would be the best case scenario for us in the playoffs. I like us against the Pack. It would also be highly unlikely that the Saints would win the Chicago game, and it would set up a potential NFCCG with the Bears coming here. I'll take that. Our top competition out of it and we didn't have to lift a finger? Great!

But, I'm just enjoying the ride. I'll take whoever comes in the Dome and if we are good enough, no one will beat us. I'm not pinning the entire future on what happens in the 2010 playoffs. Success for me this season is about advancing to at least the NFCCG. That would mean Matt and Smitty got their first playoff win. We have the makings of a perennial SB contender, but the first step is to win in January when real football starts.

6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other.

NOLA in divisional round

Philly for NFC

New England for SB

Fixed!

Baltimore would have the revenge factor and I would absolutely love to see Ryan defeat the favored Brady and Patriots for the type of win that would absolutely set this city on fire!

I'll take any opponent in the Super Bowl, however, as these means we beat some great teams to get there! wink.gif

We have to get past Philly and Chicago first before we even think about playing the Falcons in Atlanta. That said you guys would be tough to beat and I think you would blow us out the second time if we played unless we played as aggressive defensively like the Saints did on Monday night.

After all the drama we went through 3 yrs ago cause of Vick/Petrino, the NFL setting us up to be the Katrina Aints sacrifical lamb on that MNF game in 06, having all the media hate on us, while praising Vick and being goo goo ga ga over the Aints, it would be the greatest story in Falcons history and one of the best in NFL history.

But like others have said, I dont see Vick surviving vs GB or CH.

Rather play the Aints that game pissed off a lot of the players, if we play them again I don't think it will be close we'd probably win by 21, just because after the game all the bulletin board material we have.

My sentiments EXACTLY! We owe them a SUPER-SIZED can of "Whup Azz", especially after all the "picture posing" on our 50 yard line after the game! :angry: Our guys will be ready to play whoever we face, but their will be extra motivation, if we should meet the Aints again!

In my honest opinion, the Packers (with the way they have been playing in the last couple of weeks and running game improving) and the Eagles pose more of a threat than either the Bears or Aints. Although much improved, let's NOT forget that our pass defense is still a work in progress...Avoiding "pass heavy" teams would probably be more ideal for our chances to reach the Super Bowl.

Our familiarity with the Aints and their pass heavy style of play doesn't concern me at all...They threw EVERYTHING THEY HAD at us on Monday night, in addition to the "help" WE gave them, and still ONLY WON BY 3 POINTS...I strongly like our chances in a rubber math!! ;)