TE Kyle Rudolph

hawkeye

I really believe he will be our 1st pick if he comes out. I've read he might stay b/c of the injury but if he comes

out we should take him IMO. It is a position of need along with DE and maybe a slot WR(which can come later), and

OT(which would be a reach except for Sherrod), and a speed back(also later). I think we go BPA at a position of

need. And that looks like TE.

I definitely think Rudolph is a possibility primarily because of how important the TE position has become to our Offense. Tony Gonzalez opens u a lot of opportunities for other guys and we need somebody who is a legitimate pass catching threat to help fill his shoes.

I have him in my next mock.

I really believe he will be our 1st pick if he comes out. I've read he might stay b/c of the injury but if he comes

out we should take him IMO. It is a position of need along with DE and maybe a slot WR(which can come later), and

OT(which would be a reach except for Sherrod), and a speed back(also later). I think we go BPA at a position of

need. And that looks like TE.

I like our pick position. You can get a good to great player for a low cost. Rudolph would be a very good pick. As would Vereen. Or we can still get an OT like Carimi or the kid from Colorado. Or we can trade down and get another 2nd rounder

I like our pick position. You can get a good to great player for a low cost. Rudolph would be a very good pick. As would Vereen. Or we can still get an OT like Carimi or the kid from Colorado. Or we can trade down and get another 2nd rounder

All of those would be nice. Except Solder lol ;)

I would be all for Rudolph. He's gonna be a good TE.

LIVE WIRE: NFL Draft Insider News

- Sources have told us that Cal running back Shane Vereen will enter the draft. Scouts have graded the ball carrier anywhere between a 3rd and 5th round prospect.

- The word in Tuscaloosa is that receiver Marquis Maze will enter the draft.

- Sources have said that despite public statements to the contrary, AJ Green will enter the draft and the Georgia receiver should make his announcement public by no later than Sunday.

- During our August preview of the Georgia pro-prospects we targeted offensive lineman Cordy Glenn as a player we really like. Evidently we are not alone. Beside scouts being high on the underclassman we understand Bulldogs coach Mark Richt has promised Glenn a chance to play left tackle if he returns for his senior season. A successful campaign at the position in 2011 will drive Glenn’s draft stock through the roof.

- Sources once again confirmed something we first told you during our podcast of October 27th; despite a serious hamstring injury which sidelined him for most of the season and will take months to rehabilitate, Notre Dame tight end Kyle Rudolph will enter the draft.

- We are hoping to have an update on Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon sometime today. As of right now the talented red-shirt sophomore was 50/50 on his future plans.

- On the NFL coaching front several sources have given us the speculation inside the league including a possible Jim Harbaugh/Andrew Luck package to California and Gary Kubiak being the next head coach in Denver. Seems Kubiak is a favorite of owner Pat Bowlen.

Can someone please educate me a little on why this guy is so good? I've never seen him play but have heard of him. I looked up his stats and wasn't impressed by any of his seasons. Plus I'm not sure why we are wanting him with our first pick if he is coming off a major injury

Yea but Rudolph wont be on the field much if he's behind Tony. I'd much rather go WR with the 1st.

I know what ya mean. But look at NE, they use both their rookie TEs very well. I believe our OC could use two TE sets and disguise passing plays as run plays. Every weapon counts, but I agree, if there is a WR worth taking we should def. take one.

thats why im asking someone to fill me in. Im not saying he isn't any good im saying i dont know if he is. Does he got great speed for a TE is he a good blocker? What NFL player would you compare him too. Things like that

Oh aight, I thought you we're claiming he's overhyped. From what I've seen of him he is really good and definitely worth a 1st round pick. I'm not so sure about his blocking skills but he is a heck of a receiver. Strong hands, great route runner and is really physical and uses his body well. I don't know about any comparisons, I hate doing that because it leads to misinterpretations. Haven't seen much of him blocking but even if he is average in that area he's worth a 1st rounder imo.

A point about the injury. YOU, this goes for anyone even myself, may shy away from the injury but the Falcons don't. TD doesn't seem to mind taking gambles on players that have had injuries. Ex. Peria Jerry. I don't think that will be an issue unless his injury is so severe that he will never be 100% which I don't think is the case.

Oh aight, I thought you we're claiming he's overhyped. From what I've seen of him he is really good and definitely worth a 1st round pick. I'm not so sure about his blocking skills but he is a heck of a receiver. Strong hands, great route runner and is really physical and uses his body well. I don't know about any comparisons, I hate doing that because it leads to misinterpretations. Haven't seen much of him blocking but even if he is average in that area he's worth a 1st rounder imo.

A point about the injury. YOU, this goes for anyone even myself, may shy away from the injury but the Falcons don't. TD doesn't seem to mind taking gambles on players that have had injuries. Ex. Peria Jerry. I don't think that will be an issue unless his injury is so severe that he will never be 100% which I don't think is the case.

oh ok thanks. How come his stats don't seem too be all that impressive? i mean a couple 3 Touchdown seasons doesnt seem all that great. I know thats just looking at the numbers but they are what they are. WHAT kind of speed does he have?

oh ok thanks. How come his stats don't seem too be all that impressive? i mean a couple 3 Touchdown seasons doesnt seem all that great. I know thats just looking at the numbers but they are what they are. WHAT kind of speed does he have?

Idk about his stats but they are not bad for a TE. You would want to see him be more productive but thats a product of their offense and the fact that they had other weapons around him like Floyd and Tate. Injuries have also played a role. He's got adequate speed. He's not a burner but he's not one of those 5 second 40 guys. He can separate though because he runs good routes and uses his body well to shield defenders from the ball.

Idk about his stats but they are not bad for a TE. You would want to see him be more productive but thats a product of their offense and the fact that they had other weapons around him like Floyd and Tate. Injuries have also played a role. He's got adequate speed. He's not a burner but he's not one of those 5 second 40 guys. He can separate though because he runs good routes and uses his body well to shield defenders from the ball.

alright thanks. Im going to have to do some more research on him and watch some video

We need to get Matt some other weapons, whether it is a TE and a WR, or two WR. He needs someone other than Tony and White.

I am very suspect about a guy who is supposed to be a first rounder in a very weak TE class. Is he really a first rounder if he had some competition this year? I dont know but doesnt look like it. And if you guys watched the miami/nd game today. Who was the star of the game? malcohm floyd, and leonard hankerson, this guys are most likely going to be 2nd round picks cause there are so many WR this year. Thats getting value in a draft, where most people also want a high drafted DE.

I am very suspect about a guy who is supposed to be a first rounder in a very weak TE class. Is he really a first rounder if he had some competition this year? I dont know but doesnt look like it. And if you guys watched the miami/nd game today. Who was the star of the game? malcohm floyd, and leonard hankerson, this guys are most likely going to be 2nd round picks cause there are so many WR this year. Thats getting value in a draft, where most people also want a high drafted DE.

Hmmm where to start.

First of all, he is a first round talent regardless of the other TE's. Have you ever scouted him? He has 1st round talent IMO. Other TE's have no impact on his talent.

It's Michael Floyd, not Malcom. Also, I hope you are not implying they we're the "stars" of the game and it wasn't Rudolph cuz he didn't even play.

I don't get the rest of your post. So you don't want us to draft a TE in the late 1st round because we should draft a WR in the 2nd round?? This WR class is deep like you said yourself. We can find a competent WR in the middle rounds. Doesn't have to be a 2nd round pick. Plus we have a lot of draft picks but not a lot of needs. If we really wanted to address TE, WR and DE in the Top 2 rounds, we definitely have the picks necessary to move up. Also, IMO, neither Floyd nor Hankerson would be 1st round picks in other draft classes. People will disagree with me on Floyd but I'm not high on him.

Hmmm where to start.

First of all, he is a first round talent regardless of the other TE's. Have you ever scouted him? He has 1st round talent IMO. Other TE's have no impact on his talent.

It's Michael Floyd, not Malcom. Also, I hope you are not implying they we're the "stars" of the game and it wasn't Rudolph cuz he didn't even play.

I don't get the rest of your post. So you don't want us to draft a TE in the late 1st round because we should draft a WR in the 2nd round?? This WR class is deep like you said yourself. We can find a competent WR in the middle rounds. Doesn't have to be a 2nd round pick. Plus we have a lot of draft picks but not a lot of needs. If we really wanted to address TE, WR and DE in the Top 2 rounds, we definitely have the picks necessary to move up. Also, IMO, neither Floyd nor Hankerson would be 1st round picks in other draft classes. People will disagree with me on Floyd but I'm not high on him.

First off where do i start, TE in this day and age if they really are a first round talent they are not going 28-32, especially if they are the only really talented guy around. 2nd, most people on here want a DE in the first? A. smith or whoever. My point is about the wr, your wrong about hankerson and floyd. They are first talents. It just so happens they are coming into a class that might have jones, green, baldwin, blackmon, broyles. Soooooo, what i saying with the wr talent so deep, its getting a first round talented WR in the 2nd and first de in the first. Thats good value. As opposed to guy that some are suspect about being a first round talent at all, and then getting a a DE in the 2nd. Thats to me looks like and im using draft numbers here like drafting a guy in rudolph where i would prob project like pick 40 and a DE which we would prob end up getting like 62, as opposed to getting a DE like smith at 30 and a wr like floyd or hankerson to me should be like pick 28 but fall cause the draft is so deep with them. The math in my eyes works out alot better going DE,WR rather than TE,DE.

IF..you really want a TE, then DJ Williams form Ark. is the best all around. Great hands, toughness, blocking production in the toughest conference and awards to boot. I know it looks like homer pick but SEC awards don't lie.

how about some freakin O-line we NEED a LT and RT to protect Ryan and give him time to pick apart teams. A TE and WR in the 1st round is insane and a luxury. It starts and stops in the trenches and at QB. D-line is coming along nicely time to address the O-line.