Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dharma Initiative

The Eagles Have Been Figured Out

168 posts in this topic

Yes, it was great to watch the Eagles lose and have no chance at a bye. However the o-line issue is that they can't look back to see where the QB is because he could be going anywhere. If they look back they get blown up by the pass rushers!

The o-line pass blocks best when they can set up a pocket for their QB and try to protect one area.

That is the issue with a QB who scrambles most of the time.

Wow...Vick looked just as lame as an Eagle tonight as he used to sometimes look as a Falcon.

Classic 05 Vick vs Bucs kinda game lol

we havent seen the last stink bomb outa Vick this yr either

MVP

yea right lol

fansince78 likes this

The only thing thats changed about Vick is the team he plays for, he still has the same strengths and weakness and you still defend him the same way.

Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm and use tampa two and keep eyes on him to keep him from running with the ball.

Also as usual the same suspects are making the same excuses for YKW........its always someone elses fault when he is involved

sam

I just don't understand this notion that the Eagles line is horrible. Every team they play is blitzing them with more than they can block on just about every play.

Why in the world would that be necessary if their O-Line was horrible?

The last two weeks the Eagles have played probably the two toughest Defensive Lines in the entire NFL, and both teams blitzed on nearly every single play.

Why would that be necessary if the Eagles O-Line was terrible?

There were some missed blitz pickups, but they struggled to contain the Vikes D-linemen at times too. They didn't always get in for the sack but they were after the QB all night...he just has that ability to escape.

Works out great for us...Eagles and I'm gonna guess Packers (could be Giants)...assuming we take care of the Panthers this was the situation I was hoping for.

Wait, I thought the game just didn't mean anything to the Eagles anfd the Eagles just didn't want to show their hand before the play-offs. Or maybe they just wanted to get a loss in before the play offs and it's a good loss, really. :rolleyes:

The only thing thats changed about Vick is the team he plays for, he still has the same strengths and weakness and you still defend him the same way.

Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm and use tampa two and keep eyes on him to keep him from running with the ball.

Also as usual the same suspects are making the same excuses for YKW........its always someone elses fault when he is involved

sam

Seriously though, it's 1 game. It's the same usual suspects that were waiting for a game like this to claim, "See, we told you." Which honestly looks kind of silly after the year he's had. (I do understand that some Falcons fans would have a good reason to continue to hold that grudge) Every QB will have a night where they don't light it up or struggle and it's comical to me that Vick "haters" like to point fingers b/c they're just as bad as the Vick "huggers" with the fact that they can't stop talking about him and get overly excited in a bad performance just like his fans often times get overly excited when he has a good performance. I know it pains many here...but he has been pretty outstanding this year. Brees, Brady, Matt, Peyton can and do have games where they turn the ball over and struggle...nobody takes it to mean they can't seemingly play QB anymore.

It's like hating Glenn Beck and being a fan of Keith Olbermann...

YoungHeezy and MK1978 like this

Word just came out that Michael Vick has a leg contusion.

leg contusion is a bruise I think and they usually take 1-2 weeks to heal. He'll likely sit next week vs Dallas

He may as well. Stephen McGee is starting for Dallas and you can't stop Stephen Mcgee, you can only hope he spares you by killing you first.

Set yo ### down for the real 7, son.

Dallas+Cowboys+Minicamp+u746Lr8etHpl.jpg

The Eagles certainly laid an egg last night. All 5 of their pro bowlers played a very bad game...

Figured out? Hard to say. Some on the Eagles board were saying similar things about the Falcons yesterday morning....about how they don't fear them. I said they should.

We'll see what happens...I'm more worried about the Eagles D than the offense.

The Eagles certainly laid an egg last night. All 5 of their pro bowlers played a very bad game...

Figured out? Hard to say. Some on the Eagles board were saying similar things about the Falcons yesterday morning....about how they don't fear them. I said they should.

We'll see what happens...I'm more worried about the Eagles D than the offense.

This is your weak link to me. Don't take it as a shot. I think all teams in the league have a weakness and while many were talking about the Eagles as SB contenders, I agreed but said their D has been shaky of late. I can't really put my finger on it b/c your D seemed to be playing much better early in the season.

The Giants, Bears, and Vikings keep doing nearly the same blitzes and it kills Vick. He should have 3-4 interceptions tonight and lost the ball on a fumble because of his running style. It's starting to look like the Falcons Vick again. I won't be as afraid of them after seeing our blitz packages last night. We have plenty of defensive speed to handle them after having a hard lesson early in the season (ie I bet we don't have Lofton cover Desean Jackson anymore)

Blitz blitz blitz, spy with your tackles and play zone....

Tampa did the same thing against him.

Seriously though, it's 1 game. It's the same usual suspects that were waiting for a game like this to claim, "See, we told you." Which honestly looks kind of silly after the year he's had. (I do understand that some Falcons fans would have a good reason to continue to hold that grudge) Every QB will have a night where they don't light it up or struggle and it's comical to me that Vick "haters" like to point fingers b/c they're just as bad as the Vick "huggers" with the fact that they can't stop talking about him and get overly excited in a bad performance just like his fans often times get overly excited when he has a good performance. I know it pains many here...but he has been pretty outstanding this year. Brees, Brady, Matt, Peyton can and do have games where they turn the ball over and struggle...nobody takes it to mean they can't seemingly play QB anymore.

It's like hating Glenn Beck and being a fan of Keith Olbermann...

If we didn't have Vick lovers here constantly putting down our own QB, I don't think we'd care. But we do...so human nature makes it very enjoyable to see him fail.

I admit it.

If we didn't have Vick lovers here constantly putting down our own QB, I don't think we'd care. But we do...so human nature makes it very enjoyable to see him fail.

I admit it.

At least you can admit it.

I kind of think it's a Chicken or the Egg type argument...

I admit it.

Dude, you think we love atlhomey posts, not all Vick fans dislike Ryan. I am a huge Ryan fan but that's doesn't mean I will choose sides. My favorite Basketball players are Kobe, Carmelo, and Al Horford. Al plays for my favorite team. I am critical of all players as well as a huge fan of all of them too. I don't understand why ppl want to choose sides. I know some just don't like Ryan as a player not as person, I know some hate Vick for what happen off the field and some always hated him and was happy he went to prison. To me that's ill wishing to be happy a man goes to something as veil as prison in the US flawed court system but that's for a different time and a different day.

This site has way too many who love Ryan more than their wife or hate him as well. Same for Vick who doesn't even play here anymore. The tension is bad as just the mention of Vick in the dome and you think it the real Civil War pt 2. Even you mentioned you were out of character earlier in the thread. I know you Peyton, you've since become a standard bearer for standing in the middle. Don't sway, you are great poster when you stand on a firm ground.

That's all, sucks the Falcons lost. Oh well. Carolina next up and I am thinking of getting tix, you know of any deals?

Atl/0 likes this

3 different Falcons coaches haven't figured out Andy Reid in the last decade - except that one time in 2005.

Ironic isn't it?