Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dharma Initiative

The Eagles Have Been Figured Out

168 posts in this topic

Brees was ineffective?

He was alright. He certainly didn't have a great game. The Saints punted 7 times and he threw 2 picks. The Saints went3 and out or worse 3 or 4 times.

The Saints defense was incredible, but I wouldn't say their offense had a good game.

He was alright. He certainly didn't have a great game. The Saints punted 7 times and he threw 2 picks. The Saints went3 and out or worse 3 or 4 times.

The Saints defense was incredible, but I wouldn't say their offense had a good game.

Falcons blitzed more times with an assortment of blitzes than anytime I can remember. i'm sure that was not game planned against, but it will be should the teams meet again

Falcons blitzed more times with an assortment of blitzes than anytime I can remember. i'm sure that was not game planned against, but it will be should the teams meet again

Doesn't negate the fact that the offense and Brees weren't particularly effective. Should our teams meet again I'm sure our offense will be ready for a lot of the things the Saints did last night that worked. Doesn't mean or O wasn't ineffective last night.

That's the shame of the game last night for a Falcons fan. That is about as good as you can do against that offense.

the problem with the PHI matchup is they get to come to ATL. all of Vick's speed that gets somewhat neutralized outdoors in winter weather suddenly gets supercharged indoors at 72 degrees. same is true for Jackson and McCoy.

believe me, PHI would LOVE to come to ATL. not saying they would LOVE to play the Falcons, but the Dome would provide much better conditions for how they play.

72 degrees is not going to keep Vick from fumbling. Or throwing interceptions. Ha ha ha ha

the problem with the PHI matchup is they get to come to ATL. all of Vick's speed that gets somewhat neutralized outdoors in winter weather suddenly gets supercharged indoors at 72 degrees. same is true for Jackson and McCoy.

believe me, PHI would LOVE to come to ATL. not saying they would LOVE to play the Falcons, but the Dome would provide much better conditions for how they play.

Only if they go to cold azz Chicago and win. I don't think so.

That's the shame of the game last night for a Falcons fan. That is about as good as you can do against that offense.

Falcons playing ball control offense like the 1st game seemed to be the Saints kryptonite on O(keeping them on the sideline) and D(wearing down on the field). Saints adjusted to that ball control stuff which I was relieved. Good thing Falcons had their aggressive blitzing to keep the game from getting out of control.

Only if they go to cold azz Chicago and win. I don't think so.

i agree 100% with you. that's why i'm rooting for CHI as the #2 seed. PHI has already lost to them once this year.

if PHI loses tonight, CHI locks up the #2 seed, which will make them a lot less aggressive against GB next week.

could end up with GB as the 6th seed AND CHI as the 2nd seed, which i didn't think was possible.

who da thunk Joe Webb would be outplaying Vick? :blink:

Falcons playing ball control offense like the 1st game seemed to be the Saints kryptonite on O(keeping them on the sideline) and D(wearing down on the field). Saints adjusted to that ball control stuff which I was relieved. Good thing Falcons had their aggressive blitzing to keep the game from getting out of control.

The Falcons defense last night was soooooo much better than the first game. If you would have told me prior that the Falcons would hold the Saints to 17 and score a defensive TD, I would have thought easy win.

The Saints defense just dominated the Falcons offense last night.....and the Falcons helped them out a little bit a couple of times.

Watching the Eagles choke on this one is making me feel so much better though.

Falcons playing ball control offense like the 1st game seemed to be the Saints kryptonite on O(keeping them on the sideline) and D(wearing down on the field). Saints adjusted to that ball control stuff which I was relieved. Good thing Falcons had Mularky calling high school plays to keep the game from getting out of control.

Fixed it.