Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dharma Initiative

The Eagles Have Been Figured Out

168 posts in this topic

The Giants, Bears, and Vikings keep doing nearly the same blitzes and it kills Vick. He should have 3-4 interceptions tonight and lost the ball on a fumble because of his running style. It's starting to look like the Falcons Vick again. I won't be as afraid of them after seeing our blitz packages last night. We have plenty of defensive speed to handle them after having a hard lesson early in the season (ie I bet we don't have Lofton cover Desean Jackson anymore)

MisterC and azinine like this

i don't know about figured out but the vick is struggling big time against the vikings tonight.

crazy with all the playmakers he has around him.

what did yoda say fear was? of the dark side. remeber the FEARLESS. maybe we need to start putting them on again.

:D

i don't know about figured out but the vick is struggling big time against the vikings tonight.

Having playmakers doesn't mean a defense can't slow a team down. I'm not sure why everyone is SO fearful of the Eagles. They're good, probably the most dangerous offense in the league, but hardly unstoppable.

#1 pick likes this

The Giants had his number twice until they quick sending their blitzes. And the Bears kept him in check.

Heck we have 3 good safeties, we can make one of them a linebacker that blitzes constantly like the Giants do. Probably Decoud because Coleman can fill in at SS better than FS

the problem with the PHI matchup is they get to come to ATL. all of Vick's speed that gets somewhat neutralized outdoors in winter weather suddenly gets supercharged indoors at 72 degrees. same is true for Jackson and McCoy.

believe me, PHI would LOVE to come to ATL. not saying they would LOVE to play the Falcons, but the Dome would provide much better conditions for how they play.

more amazing is that they post poned the game for two nights. you know the vikings fan who took trips to go there had to go home to work. because they would have to pay for 2-3 more night stay they wee not expecting and more food cost and not being able to make money; so they sold there tickets to the highest bidder outside who else would be a dingle berry eagles fan.

and there FANS have no NOISE.

wow I complain about my section and surronding sections not being noise makers.

I thought this after the Giants game. Although those idiots managed to blow a huge lead they still showed how to beat the Eagles (specifically Vick) for 3 1/2 qtrs. I'm confident we will learn from that and I'm also confident we wouldn't blow a 21 pt lead.

the problem with the PHI matchup is they get to come to ATL. all of that speed that gets somewhat neutralized outdoors in winter weather suddenly gets supercharged indoors at 72 degrees. same is true for Jackson and McCoy.

believe me, PHI would LOVE to come to ATL. not saying they would LOVE to play the Falcons, but the Dome would provide much better conditions for how they play.

They're an outdoor team anyway, so I can't see that as being an issue with how they play.

As for the Vick's lackluster play tonight, he's always carried the ball like a loaf of bread. That's always been his problem.

The Nickel blitz is working prefect for the Vikings, but if Williams doesn't learn how to tackle ASAP it wont matter. Brees kept slipping away from him with just a step forward

williams and weatherspoon were both horrible at wrapping up the qb. should have had at least 3-4 more sacks last night. vick will destroy you if you don't wrap up.

Kind of puts a new perspective on your next game against the Panthers ;)

Kind of puts a new perspective on your next game against the Panthers ;)

:lol:

ha you wish.

here is my christmas present to you:

www.travelocity.com

you are gonna need it for january.

they play outdoors, but they don't play like an outdoor team. their skill players are fast, better on carpet than grass, and better indoors w/o any rain or snow than outside where those are likely at this time of year.

you're right about the load of bread handling. my point is a ball that isn't frozen is easier to hold onto.

they play outdoors, but they don't play like an outdoor team. their skill players are fast, better on carpet than grass, and better indoors w/o any rain or snow than outside where those are likely at this time of year.

you're right about the load of bread handling. my point is a ball that isn't frozen is easier to hold onto.

And my point is he was fumbling with a ball that wasn't frozen for awhile now, which is one major drawback of him running it.

Unless Clausen grows wings on his feet, I highly doubt it.

pigs fly? oh you said you doubt it, I was scared cause all that pig (clausen) we ate th other week