Todd McClure feels awful about botched snap

Statick

1:35 am December 28, 2010, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

Falcons center Todd McClure had a shotgun snap skid back to Matt Ryan.

Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma pounced on the ball at the 34-yard line. The Saints converted the turnover into a touchdown.

“The nose of the ball got caught on the turf,” McClure told the AJC’s Steve Hummer. “I feel just awful about it. That has never happened to be before and of all the games for it to happen. . . I put the team in a terrible position. I just felt awful. A terrible feeling.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

That's okay, Todd. Just don't let that **** happen again.

Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma pounced on the ball at the 34-yard line. The Saints converted the turnover into a touchdown.

“The nose of the ball got caught on the turf,” McClure told the AJC’s Steve Hummer. “I feel just awful about it. That has never happened to be before and of all the games for it to happen. . . I put the team in a terrible position. I just felt awful. A terrible feeling.”

Most of us understand in 12 years a bad snap could happen to any center, but there will always be some fan :ph34r: that would use something like this as a basis of wholesale condemnation of McClures stellar career.

Could be worse, he could be Sam Baker...

I'm glad he feels awful. Just like the rest of the team, I bet a performance like last night will never happen again. This team has too much pride for that to go down. Fumbling at the goal line (where NO never got a stop in the last 12 years). Botched snaps. Not being ready to play on defense. These are unacceptable.

Plus, the offense let us down. Not much was done by the Saints. They aren't that good. We just were that bad.

How do you think Garret Hartley STILL feels about the missed fg in the first game? We're talking HFA we probably will not get bc of it. Of course there are other things that could have caused us to not beat browns and cards. But still, he feels like it's all his fault I'm sure.

What are the odds of McClure having his first bad snap in 12 years and the Saints not allowing points when the opposition has the ball 1st and goal on the 1 for the first time in 12 years because a guy who hadn't fumbled the ball all year, fumbled the ball......all happening on the same night.

I don't ever want to hear about that Hartley miss again after this.

Edited by gtjackets1729

What are the odds of McClure having his first bad snap in 12 years and the Saints not allowing points when the opposition has the ball 1st and goal on the 1 for the first time in 12 years because a guy who hadn't fumbled the ball all year, fumbled the ball......all happening on the same night.

I don't ever want to hear about that Hartley miss again after this.

And they say we were lucky. :lol:

wtf...it got "caught on the turf". c'mon man!

what was he doing leaning his whole body on the ball. It dosen't have to gently skim the surface of the turf to be a "snap" was he trying to dig a hole?

this excuse is garbage. He wasn't focused on that play on doing his job. details matter especially when you touch the ball EVERY play.

mistakes happen thats fine. but admit it straight up. don't tell me it got caught on the turf like it was out of his control.