Anyone else think we need to draft a rb now?

Barry Allen

To be frank Turner just does not look like he did in 08. Yea you can say his numbers for the year aren't bad but that's only because of our good offensive line. When our o line plays bad or doesn't give him a hole it looks like he gives up and goes right down. Just an opinion, what do you guys think? And my opinion isn't based soley on the fumble, I know he never fumbles so I'm gonna give him a break on that one.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

If we can get a pass rush like last night on a regular basis then yes I agree that makes defensive end not as high a priority unless they just fall head over hills for a guy.

I have never seen the Falcons have such a dominant pass rush.

Whatever we did different on defense last night minus the constant missed sacks we need to keep doing. I was really amazed at how well we got penetration on the line.

Is it me or did anyone else notice that?

a good DE is harder to find in later rounds than a good RB.

ATL doesn't need a SUBSTITUTE for Turner, they need a SUPPLEMENT.

the Falcons lack the shifty and/or breakaway speed at RB that would be the perfect complement to Turner. Snelling is awesome because he can play FB or RB, but he's not a true complement to Turner.

we all knew this coming into the season, it is what it is.

offensive playcalling hurt ATL last night more than not having a quick backup RB.

New Orleans played man and dared ATL to get pass happy. Mularkey eschewed the dare and played right into the Saints' hands. hopefully Smith learned lessons last night. be willing to let Ryan throw it and give him a chance to win it.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Running back for the most part have shorter careers than most players. Especially a runner like Turner who run it down your throat.

I think running back could be a priority, just do not see them going 1st round. They will keep Turner until he is almost burned out, just like San Diego did with L.T. or until his contracts up either way we will need a replacement. But I think we need a combo just like what the Falcons planned. A bruiser like Turner, and a speedster who is elusive like Norwood. Whether it be these two guys are not, that's the two type of guys they want on our roster at the running back position I feel. And either it will be them or someone else but Dimitroff will find his pair, bet on that.

Edited by atl.falcon4ever

This^^^^^^. I also wish that we could draft a new Offensive line. Oh, also a playmaking wide receiver to compliment Roddy.

New offensive line? We have a very underrated and under appreciated offensive line. That's not the problem. Last night NO stacked the box... when Turner is getting hit in the backfield that's NOT his fault. Honestly what do you expect when he has 3 saints in his face as soon as he tucks the ball? Turner has great speed when plowing through a hole. They stacked the middle forcing him to try and go to the outside where he doesn't have the speed to get to a corner. It was stupid. The Saints kept asking Matt Ryan to beat them and for some stupid reason our coaching staff didn't let him air it out. We decided it was better to keep pounding Turner up the middle last night for no gain.

Turners is not the burner that left the chargers. He doesn't run away from defenders anymore, hes not explosive and now has a tendency to tip toe rather than hit the hole.

Cant guarantee he can get us a few yards on 3 and short.

I said in another post that I'm not certain its just a need to compliment him.

I almost thing we need to find a CJ Spiller, guy like the raiders back, the rams back or even blount from Tampa. Basically, we may need an every down back complemented by a dexter mccluster type.

If you're not explosive and you're skills are diminishing, makes it harder to swallow a fumble at the 1.

Getting a little frustrated because the running game is getting less reliable.

I want a change of pace back.

We have our 2 power runners, now we need a guy with killer speed to help out Turner.

Turner is getting tired. He's practically had to run ALL the time. Someone needs to help him in carrying the load.

Edited by GridironFalcon

We need a Lesean McCoy/Ray Rice type guy. A guy who can run it up the middle, bounce it outside if it's bottled up, and can also catch passes. That way, if they stack 8 in the box, you just have your RB go out for a pass and you make it much harder on the defense.

Perhaps so. Vicks style actually opened things up for mccoy

We need a Lesean McCoy/Ray Rice type guy. A guy who can run it up the middle, bounce it outside if it's bottled up, and can also catch passes. That way, if they stack 8 in the box, you just have your RB go out for a pass and you make it much harder on the defense.

Marshawn Lynch.

To be frank Turner just does not look like he did in 08. Yea you can say his numbers for the year aren't bad but that's only because of our good offensive line. When our o line plays bad or doesn't give him a hole it looks like he gives up and goes right down. Just an opinion, what do you guys think? And my opinion isn't based soley on the fumble, I know he never fumbles so I'm gonna give him a break on that one.

Don't think we need to draft a RB unless it's somebody like Chris Johnson. The way we played last night it's kind of hard to tell. May need to address the co-ordinator's decision making at times.

Don't think we need to draft a RB unless it's somebody like Chris Johnson. The way we played last night it's kind of hard to tell. May need to address the co-ordinator's decision making at times.

Imo what we need to do this offseason is

1-Draft Jon Baldwin

2-Try and Hire Norm Chow as OC

3-Find a ******* speed back who can take more than 2 hits.

I don't get why teams ever waste first round picks on runningbacks. Look at this year. Your 1st round runningbacks are Best, Matthews, and Spiller.

Then you look at Blount, Ivory, and Foster....guys that all went undrafted.

RB is way too easy of a position to find to waste a 1st round pick on unless it's the next Adrian Peterson.