We can beat any contender in the NFC

ATLfanatic

After seeing the defensive scheme we employed last night against the Saints, I'm feeling pretty confident that we can beat ANY NFC team that makes it in. I'll make the case defensively against each opponent (some have similar theme)

Saints- Last night was a great defensive performance. To have the mistakes, which probably won't happen against the rest of the season to happen and STILL have a chance to win the game with having only 23:00 of time possession, we can handle this team. If we were to face them again, I feel we could force at least 2 turnovers

Eagles- The earlier game we played a vast majority without DRob, who has since shown he can hold his own and it really hurt our pass D. The Eagles O-line is worse than the Saints O-line; if we pressure Vick like we did Brees last night and have Williams go for the hips, we can definitely force some mistakes with Vick. His mid-range pass game is suspect, although he can throw the deep ball, the pressure won't give him time. Even if he takes off and run, he's still, while slightly improved, careless with the football

Packers- already beat them. The only adjustment is to account for the scrambling factor and we'll be fine. They still can't run the ball

Bears- Same as Eagles. Cutler takes too many risks and is not as accurate as Brees; I think this will be the easiest of matchups defensively

Giants (if they get in)- too turnover prone; plus we'll outcoach them

Bucs (if they get in)- Yes hard to beat a team 3 times, but they don't have any receivers that scare you; play Freeman like you play Rodgers with the scrambling factor and we'll be fine, but I don't think they'll make it past the first round anyway

Rams, Seahawks- who cares? i hope somehow they find a way to pull the home upset; both teams are a cakewalk with the Rams having a slightly better chance.

Offensively, we've won games where Ryan had to throw 50 times, and we've won games where we ran the ball 50 times. The point is, we have many ways we can win on offense, so I feel that once the playoffs come around they'll go to what's working that particular night and try to not beat a dead horse. You saw the defense playbook open up last night, don't be surprised if Mularkey has tricks up his sleeve come playoff time.

After seeing the defensive scheme we employed last night against the Saints, I'm feeling pretty confident that we can beat ANY NFC team that makes it in. I'll make the case defensively against each opponent (some have similar theme)

Saints- Last night was a great defensive performance. To have the mistakes, which probably won't happen against the rest of the season to happen and STILL have a chance to win the game with having only 23:00 of time possession, we can handle this team. If we were to face them again, I feel we could force at least 2 turnovers

Eagles- The earlier game we played a vast majority without DRob, who has since shown he can hold his own and it really hurt our pass D. The Eagles O-line is worse than the Saints O-line; if we pressure Vick like we did Brees last night and have Williams go for the hips, we can definitely force some mistakes with Vick. His mid-range pass game is suspect, although he can throw the deep ball, the pressure won't give him time. Even if he takes off and run, he's still, while slightly improved, careless with the football

Packers- already beat them. The only adjustment is to account for the scrambling factor and we'll be fine. They still can't run the ball

Bears- Same as Eagles. Cutler takes too many risks and is not as accurate as Brees; I think this will be the easiest of matchups defensively

Giants (if they get in)- too turnover prone; plus we'll outcoach them

Bucs (if they get in)- Yes hard to beat a team 3 times, but they don't have any receivers that scare you; play Freeman like you play Rodgers with the scrambling factor and we'll be fine, but I don't think they'll make it past the first round anyway

Rams, Seahawks- who cares? i hope somehow they find a way to pull the home upset; both teams are a cakewalk with the Rams having a slightly better chance.

Offensively, we've won games where Ryan had to throw 50 times, and we've won games where we ran the ball 50 times. The point is, we have many ways we can win on offense, so I feel that once the playoffs come around they'll go to what's working that particular night and try to not beat a dead horse. You saw the defense playbook open up last night, don't be surprised if Mularkey has tricks up his sleeve come playoff time.

Just thought I had to bring this thread back up

Glad you brought it back up because I missed it the first time around.

I agree on all of your D points and I hope you're right about Mularky on offense. I sure hope we don't get bogged down like we did last night and against the Steelers. We just were not creative in either game and didn't utilize Ryan's strengths enough.

Guest eyehatethefalclowns

After seeing our defense last night I agree!

But one thing worries me!.....(TACKLING)....We get the pressure but don't make the tackle!

Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version Name: saints_falcons_logo_pose.jpg Views: 15 Size: 85.8 KB ID: 46634