Abe really upset

hawkeye

The Falcons sacked Brees only once, but it seemed as though they were all over him on a night when he completed 35 of 49 passes for 302 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions.

“That millisecond is what cost us the game,’’ Abraham said.

That millisecond might have been the difference between the Saints posing for pictures on the logo or going home quietly.

“Now they’ve got the bragging rights and that’s going to hurt me until next year,’’ Abraham said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post?id=17014

While I was certainly disappointed by the loss, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the character of this team is such that this could be turned into a positive. They are angry. They are steaming mad, and I think they'll take that into the playoffs. They have to be looking forward to a rematch, and trouncing anyone they have to that gets in the way of allowing that to happen.

In short, the loss tonight could remind them that they have to play their best game on both sides of the ball, could refocus the team, and get them hungry for the playoffs. I think Smith will find a way to make this happen, a la the Giants at the end of the regular season on their way to win the SB.....

While I was certainly disappointed by the loss, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the character of this team is such that this could be turned into a positive. They are angry. They are steaming mad, and I think they'll take that into the playoffs. They have to be looking forward to a rematch, and trouncing anyone they have to that gets in the way of allowing that to happen.

In short, the loss tonight could remind them that they have to play their best game on both sides of the ball, could refocus the team, and get them hungry for the playoffs. I think Smith will find a way to make this happen, a la the Giants at the end of the regular season on their way to win the SB.....

The defense left their hearts on that field. The missed sacks were NOT the reason we lost. We held Drew Brees to 17 points even after giving him the ball once on the 30. We also had a huge defensive touchdown AND another huge INT by Abe that wasn't converted into points. The defense did enough to get us a W.

Unfortunately the offense didn't hold up its end of the bargain. In reality, we only had 7 offensive points. That's inexcusable at home. Unless you're Carolina.

While I REALLY wanted the win last nigtht, I agree with what Biermann said. This loss could be good for us. Chances are, we will face the Saints again in the dome for the playoffs and maybe this will leave a bad taste in their mouth and they will take it out on Brees in that game, but the offense MUST show up for that game. Outside the few missed sacks, the defense played great and kept us in the game!

Get mad, Abe. Cuss out the entire defense if you have to. Give 'em what for. Tell 'em how you feel. You have the this Sunday and the entire playoffs to vent that frustration.

Dear Abe,

I understand your frustration and the fact that you might take out some of it on the defense but please be sure to save at least some of it for one of the coaches with the initials MM.

Thank you

i posted before the game that i didn't think blitzing from the corners was smart against Brees b/c he just steps up in the pocket. i was actually pleasantly surprised at how well the blitzing strategy worked last night. while Williams whiffed too often, ATL's safety play kept Brees from really making the Falcons pay.

will be interested to see what adjustments BVG makes should the rematch occur. the Falcons definitely didn't play the 'rush 3, leave 8 in coverage' that most despise. they went after Brees.

as other have noted, the D held New Orleans to net 10 points. that should ALWAYS be enough to win. Mularkey really needs to understand that.

i posted before the game that i didn't think blitzing from the corners was smart against Brees b/c he just steps up in the pocket. i was actually pleasantly surprised at how well the blitzing strategy worked last night. while Williams whiffed too often, ATL's safety play kept Brees from really making the Falcons pay.

will be interested to see what adjustments BVG makes should the rematch occur. the Falcons definitely didn't play the 'rush 3, leave 8 in coverage' that most despise. they went after Brees.

as other have noted, the D held New Orleans to net 10 points. that should ALWAYS be enough to win. Mularkey really needs to understand that.

Actually, they did show that particular coverage several times, but BVG did come up with more blitzes that I haven't seen from this defense all year.

The defense left their hearts on that field. The missed sacks were NOT the reason we lost. We held Drew Brees to 17 points even after giving him the ball once on the 30. We also had a huge defensive touchdown AND another huge INT by Abe that wasn't converted into points. The defense did enough to get us a W.

Unfortunately the offense didn't hold up its end of the bargain. In reality, we only had 7 offensive points. That's inexcusable at home. Unless you're Carolina.

I completely agree with your post!

All I know is the ENTIRE defense needs to go hit the tackling dummy! Every ****in day!!! This was the most pathetic tackling I have ever seen. Guys had a clear path to the QB and consistently missed him. There's still a helluva a lot of hand tackling going on. This better get fixed starting with the Carolina game.