One and done team?

INDFalcon

I am already seeing many comments both here, AJC and elsewhere, where everybody claiming us to be one and done team in playoffs.

For all of those, Playoffs haven't started yet. Most coaches changes strategy during playoffs. What makes you think our coaches don't do that. This game alone would not make us look ONE AND DONE TEAM in playoffs. Here is why -- because, Aints did not win this game we LOST IT by poor executions on O

This game was an aberration because, Falcons did not execute on the offense that well. We missed opportunities due to rare fumbles by MT and McClure. Dropped passes by Roddy and HD. We did not control the time of possession this game. I think these are correctables. Even though our D did a good job, there were some missed opportunites in sacking DB. As MR said, let us put this one behind us and go forward.

Let the playoff begin and we will see. Until that time please refrain making your doomsday predictions.

GO FALCONS.

I am already seeing many comments both here, AJC and elsewhere, where everybody claiming us to be one and done team in playoffs.

For all of those, Playoffs haven't started yet. Most coaches changes strategy during playoffs. What makes you think our coaches don't do that. This game alone would not make us look ONE AND DONE TEAM in playoffs. Here is why -- because, Aints did not win this game we LOST IT by poor executions on O

This game was an aberration because, Falcons did not execute on the offense that well. We missed opportunities due to rare fumbles by MT and McClure. Dropped passes by Roddy and HD. We did not control the time of possession this game. I think these are correctables. Even though our D did a good job, there were some missed opportunites in sacking DB. As MR said, let us put this one behind us and go forward.

Let the playoff begin and we will see. Until that time please refrain making your doomsday predictions.

GO FALCONS.

If "predictions" meant anything, there would be no need to play the games.

I have to say,that yes,the Saints didn't win as much as we lost....the D was awesome for most of the game and without that fumble on the one,we would have one,without that muffed snap by MClure,we would have one,our D basically held the Saints to 10 points,this game should have ended either 21-10 or 17 to 10 in our favor,but that didn't happen,mostly in part because our offense was very lackluster and play calling was very predictable with the exception of when we went into a no huddle situation...if this doesn't change,sad to say I could see us being one and done,every playoff game is going to be a battle like last night.Something has to give...

I dont think we go one and done. We should wrap up the division and the number 1 seed next week. Fans just cant seem to get it through there heads that we can still go 13-3 which is **** good. In fact it is the same record that the Saints finished with last year.

Exactly. Too many armchair coaches I guess

I have to say,that yes,the Saints didn't win as much as we lost....the D was awesome for most of the game and without that fumble on the one,we would have one,without that muffed snap by MClure,we would have one,our D basically held the Saints to 10 points,this game should have ended either 21-10 or 17 to 10 in our favor,but that didn't happen,mostly in part because our offense was very lackluster and play calling was very predictable with the exception of when we went into a no huddle situation...if this doesn't change,sad to say I could see us being one and done,every playoff game is going to be a battle like last night.Something has to give...

You say our play calling was predictable but if you look at it, the execution and fumbles that caused the game not the play calling

Anybody who thinks THIS Falcons team is gonna be "one and done" hasn't been watching the games very closely. This is a tough, business minded, resilient team that always finds ways to win. Last night was an abberation because in reality, we had nothing to play for but pride. I still expect us to go to Dallas IF we can exorcise the YKW demons.

You say our play calling was predictable but if you look at it, the execution and fumbles that caused the game not the play calling

Everyone on the Saints D,Knew we would run the ball at the goaline,didn't work the first time,so what do we do,run the exact same play again...result,fumble...not saying that Turner isn't at fault,but,had we mixed the playcalling up a bit,tried some misdirection or play action,he wouldn't have the chance to fumble...it was clear that the Saints were not going to let Turner beat them,so we had to improvise,we didn't,we lost.

Everyone always thinks the sky is falling after a loss but the Falcons lost to a Saints team that was desperate to get in the playoffs. The fact of the matter is that the Falcons can still go 13-3 with a win over Carolina on Sunday and get the #1 seed in the NFC. As for last night the offense just didn't make plays when it needed to, especially the running game.

No way.

Our team knows how to fight back. Unfortunately, we didn't fight back last night.

I still question Smitty when he decided to punt on 4th down. But, it's over now, and I just gotta move on from it.

As much as I wanted us to win this game, at least we are going to have practically a sure win next week against the Panties.

Go Falcons!

Everyone on the Saints D,Knew we would run the ball at the goaline,didn't work the first time,so what do we do,run the exact same play again...result,fumble...not saying that Turner isn't at fault,but,had we mixed the playcalling up a bit,tried some misdirection or play action,he wouldn't have the chance to fumble...it was clear that the Saints were not going to let Turner beat them,so we had to improvise,we didn't,we lost.

But if you look at the first TD, it was pass. When in short yardage situation, all teams with a good running team, will go for run. This was not 3rd down situation. We don;t know what the play calling would have been at that time. They could have still gone for run at that time too and if that did not work they might have gone for a field goal. We wouldn't know. But I still kinda agree with you about conservative play calling