Offense lost this game--- defense finally starts up.

Big Rob 64

All of the Mike Mularkey hate is a bit silly. The offense has bailed out the defense and special teams time after time this year. Finally, the defense grows a pair and applies pressure on the QB all night--- and the offense breaks down inexplicably.

Its incredibly disappointing.

Its very surprising.

It hurts.

As Falcon fans, we should be used to it. Lord knows we've gone through worse, with less reason to hope.

Mike Mularkey will not be fired, and after tonight he will also not likely be lured away to be a head coach someplace. But we need to remember that the offense has covered up defensive softness and passivity--- has made up for special teams lapses and breakdowns--- all season long. The offense has earned a little bit of room from us.

And as Brian VanGorder's harshest and most outspoken critic: last night was how you use the speed and aggressiveness we have on our defense. Excellent job.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

we Blitz all game with good success (more sacks would = great success)

finally cause TWO 4th Qtr INT's to DL :ph34r: ... with one a pick 6

so then with game on the line and Saints have 90 yards to go (needed a TD)....

we STOP blitzing at all :blink: :blink:

loved the defense last night.

yea we lost but to me last night was very encouraging. have we finally seen the defense we wanted?

Since Williams got into the backfield several times with a chance to get a sack and allowed Brees to get away, it is not the defense we wanted yet. They will need to make an adjustment or two, but it is getting closer.

Its more about not having a counter punch for what they were doing against on defense. We were not able to do anything to stop what they were doing, they continued to play a safety over the top of Roddy. Also had two people on Gonzalez, we should had our backs come out of the backfield and catch the ball. I was just more disappointed in no adjustments being made.

I know you're happy we finally lost one Sucks fans, but really, pull your panties out of your crack and beat the Aints this week while we win the division, hey?

Wrong Fail-Con... I actually had to swallow my barf and PULL FOR YOU GUYS...

The NFL admitted that they screwed us out of a 4th Qtr TD last week with Detroit. So instead of controlling our destiny we had to watch you fail-birds choke against the aints...

What happened to that home-REF-cooking you guys had against us and bmore??? Did Mike Smith not pay his Referee bill or something???

we need to play attack defense 24/7/365 and 366 on leap year. when we are attacking with our front four we always get pressure. i mean if we learned to wrap drew brees up we would have had two more sacks.

Man, I wanted to come through the T.V and Choke the crap out of Spoon last night. How in the sam H E double L do you have clean shot at a QB and throw a passive shoulder at him?? WTF????? Drive your **** Helmet into his chest and wrap his punk birthmark on the face azzzzzzzzzzzz up!!!!!

Man, I wanted to come through the T.V and Choke the crap out of Spoon last night. How in the sam H E double L do you have clean shot at a QB and throw a passive shoulder at him?? WTF????? Drive your **** Helmet into his chest and wrap his punk birthmark on the face azzzzzzzzzzzz up!!!!!

We had several blown sack chances, and on most of them, Brees completed a big pass. The one that went for no gain--- the basketball style no-look push-pass--- was incredible. Of course the next time he tried that it went for a pick-6.

you got to hand it to breeze. his mobility in the pocket was what saved him. i loved the way our D played. a far far cry from the days where we would get gashed left and right.

We had several blown sack chances, and on most of them, Brees completed a big pass. The one that went for no gain--- the basketball style no-look push-pass--- was incredible. Of course the next time he tried that it went for a pick-6.

All of the Mike Mularkey hate is a bit silly. The offense has bailed out the defense and special teams time after time this year. Finally, the defense grows a pair and applies pressure on the QB all night--- and the offense breaks down inexplicably.

Its very surprising.

It hurts.

As Falcon fans, we should be used to it. Lord knows we've gone through worse, with less reason to hope.

Mike Mularkey will not be fired, and after tonight he will also not likely be lured away to be a head coach someplace. But we need to remember that the offense has covered up defensive softness and passivity--- has made up for special teams lapses and breakdowns--- all season long. The offense has earned a little bit of room from us.

And as Brian VanGorder's harshest and most outspoken critic: last night was how you use the speed and aggressiveness we have on our defense. Excellent job.

Agree on all points. I actually believe maybe BVG may have been a little surprised at how well the blitzes did work. I'm not speaking to the misses on sacks,just the overall look of the pressure. May wonder why we didn't see it a little more thru the season.

all them roughing penalties and the league cracking down on big hits kinda ruined the league this year. I've seen a LOT of QBs get away from being sacked because the whatever didn't go for the big hit. you have to careful not to hit em in the head, not drive em into the ground, not lead with your helmet etc.

[quote name='m2Falcons' date='28 December 2010 - 07:14 AM' timestamp='1293542055' post='5940244

we Blitz all game with good success (more sacks would = great success)

finally cause TWO 4th Qtr INT's to DL ph34r.gif ... with one a pick 6

so then with game on the line and Saints have 90 yards to go (needed a TD)....

we STOP blitzing at all blink.gifblink.gif

Blink! Breez was so happy about finally being able to pick us apart. Why we decided to stop is the question of the night.

Its very surprising.

It hurts.

But the one time the defense doesn't need to bailed out where was the offense? Oh yea, they were stuck in a big traffic jam trying to rush traffic when they could have just flew.

I feel your pain !!! I was ticked when i saw that......Honestly i have to admit it was the offense that caused us the game the inability to adapt to what the Aints were doing was bad...I was really hoping they came out passing in the game like they did againts the Ravens I knew the Aints were going to concentrate on stoping Turner. I was really praying for a Flee-flicker for the first play of the game, I bet it would of worked even if we didnt complete the pass. It would of put some dought in their heads before they commit too many people at the line... but oh well.....