Turner a bum all of a sudden?

Whodat51

I can't believe you guys. All week long all we saints fans heard was how Turner is better than Rice and Turner will kill us tonight. Now I'm reading threads about shipping him to Seattle for Marshawn Lynch. I have just lost all the little amount of respect I had for you fans. I said earlier, our brilliant coaching staff will prepare for your running game and you guys would not be able to run on us. Period. Dilfer knows what he's talking about!!!

I can't believe you guys. All week long all we saints fans heard was how Turner is better than Rice and Turner will kill us tonight. Now I'm reading threads about shipping him to Seattle for Marshawn Lynch. I have just lost all the little amount of respect I had for you fans. I said earlier, our brilliant coaching staff will prepare for your running game and you guys would not be able to run on us. Period. Dilfer knows what he's talking about!!!

Turner is the best back in the NFC south. Dont listen to the morons on this board.

Now go away!!!

The truth is that the Falcons are a "pass to set up the run" team and not the other way around.

Tonight they didn't pass it well enough to be successful at either. Much credit to the Saints defense.

Turner is one of the best backs in the league and considering what he has to run into I actually like him more. I don't even think the Saints even watched any tape. Gregg Williams didn't have to do anything but stack the box. and Marshawn Lynch would get killed trying to constantly run into 17-18 guys in the box.

The truth is that the Falcons are a "pass to set up the run" team and not the other way around.

Tonight they didn't pass it well enough to be successful at either. Much credit to the Saints defense.

We are actually the other way around we had them in nine man boxes to set up the passes but roddy was doubled and we stop throwing to jenkins for some reason.

Nothing wrong with Turner. He (or any other RB for that matter) is not going to rush for over 100 yards and multiple TD's in every game, no matter the defense. The Saints defense did what it took to stop Turner tonight, congrats to them.

Dude your drinking too much Dilfer kool-aid, he's bend over for his *** cheeks to be kissed, go for it dude.....

He had a bad game today, to call him a bum is ridiculous.. Thank goodness Saints made him have that bad day otherwise a good day would have had us looking like plum fools.

Agree, I think the Saints came into this game with a plan to stop Turner and they exicuted it. Saints did a very good job with their blitz packages and seemed to get guys through and get Turner behind the LOS. Gotta give props to the Saints D, they played a very good game.

Dilfer knows Jack Sh*t!!! He simply hates the Falcons just like the Saints. Dilfer has been hopeing for the Falcons to lose all year long. Now just because he chose the Saints to win this game, doesn't mean he's a genius either. Mutha****a Trent Dilfer!!!!!

Edited by The Birds are the truth

Saints had his number tonight, They were not going to allow him to break free, This is why Atlanta needs a change of pace back. Power is good but we need speed also.

Times like this reminds me how much I miss Norwood. But "hey" MM didn't use him anyway. As long as we have MM, where just going to continue to pound Turner. MM doesn't believe in spliting the carries. Another thing, just because Snelling is back, that means Gartell Johnson have to disappear? WTF? :huh: Use every affective weapon that you have. This is a guy the Saints would've not gameplan against. Only thing I'm "saying" It's all about keeping the defense guessing.

Edited by The Birds are the truth

Turner is a great back, but N.O. won in the trenches. Turner had no holes to run through.

Right. But another reason for this, because we kept running the same offensive plays. Over and over again. Very sickening too watch. "Man" Captian I'm just pissed off. Can't stand the Saints. Makes me feel like the defense hard work was all for nothing because our offense wasn't here to backed them up. Too many chances to win the game. :angry:

Stopping the run was SUPPOSED to be the Saints only weakness. Turner had been bangin coming in. Take off the 27 yarder and he went 16 carries for 21, 21 yes freaking yards. Either Falcons o-line or Mularkey sheet their pants. I didn't see much for Turner to go with. He isn't the Hulk. We simply got our azz handed to us and it cost us the game IMHO.

That and we have either got to get Ryan on some arm strengthening roids this offseason or just except the fact he IS NOT ELITE. NOT ELITE OF MIND. NOT ELITE OF FOCUS. Did anybody see Brees eyes darting like the Terminator or some robot? Matty Ice has a way to go. Flame me on the Ryan comments but the running game or lack thereof was what led to our demise.

The people coming in trashing Turner look like idiots. I hate to put it that way but they are. The Saints did a good job of stopping the run and getting good penetration inside. As a result Turner kept trying to bounce it outside and that just wasn't happening as he's not a speed guy.

You see this a lot with Atlanta, runs for 0, 3, 2, -1, 5, then 16. We are not really a dominant run team, we are persistent with the run and it usually pays off. I think the Falcons still have to learn, when it is not working, you have to get pass happy. Too many 3 and outs, too many uncharacteristic mistakes, too many untimely runs.

I put this on the coaching staff. It was very clear, based on the first meeting between these teams as well as after last weeks game between the Saints and Ravens, that NO was going to focus on stopping the run. They even made comments throughout the week to the very same effect.

I was calling for it through the week and I'm sticking with it, we should have gone throwing the ball around like we did in the Ravens game.

As far as I'm concerned this game was like the Eagles game. The coaches let the team down. Fortunately, the defensive game plan was very good and they played well. They found away to prevent the big plays and took care of business.

I hope, as in our other two losses, that the coaching staff learns from this game and we're better because of it. That said, it's only one game and although the media really wants us to believe it's more significant than that, it isn't.