Tough Loss tonight, but IMO..not a bad thing

wartownfalcon

We have not lost since Week 6. We were playing out of this world. This loss brings us back down to earth and gives them a taste of defeat, which never tastes good. We would have won 13 straight in order to win the Super Bowl which is VERY hard to do in the NFL.

More than likely we'll host the Aint's in the 2nd round, so winning tonight and winning again in the 2nd Rd would have been 3 wins over one team in a season...VERY VERY hard tto do. I think we get back focused, come out strong against Carolina next week and the bbye to rest up and prepare for the Playoffs

We have not lost since Week 6. We were playing out of this world. This loss brings us back down to earth and gives them a taste of defeat, which never tastes good. We would have won 13 straight in order to win the Super Bowl which is VERY hard to do in the NFL.

More than likely we'll host the Aint's in the 2nd round, so winning tonight and winning again in the 2nd Rd would have been 3 wins over one team in a season...VERY VERY hard tto do. I think we get back focused, come out strong against Carolina next week and the bbye to rest up and prepare for the Playoffs

I already started a thread with this same topic

I thought the same thing...still doesnt taste good to lose to the saints :( i would of perfered losing to the panties next week with our back ups

I already started a thread with this same topic

just seen that man. I was actually taking to some people about this earlier this week, about not being heart broken if we don't win...Just gonna suk this week listening to all the media bash us again and praising NO..already talking about other teams being about to clinch the #1 seed...but no mention of us still the #1 seed and we'd have to lose with some other stuff to lose the #1 seed

GO TAMPA BAY!!!

just seen that man. I was actually taking to some people about this earlier this week, about not being heart broken if we don't win...Just gonna suk this week listening to all the media bash us again and praising NO..already talking about other teams being about to clinch the #1 seed...but no mention of us still the #1 seed and we'd have to lose with some other stuff to lose the #1 seed

GO TAMPA BAY!!!

I HATE, I reiterate, HATE losing, and HATE it even more losing to the Saints. Not happy about this in any way shape or form.

no losses are ever good and they all hurt. However...this was not a must win and the offense played that way. Anyone who assumes that the Falcons O is overrated because of this game...is kidding themselves.

If you think you saw anywhere near the Falcons a-game on O...think again.

I can handle this loss....After a couple days. But why would anyone feel it is ok for the Offense to mail it in? And if they won't put in an A game effort for HFA against he SB champs, Who will they put it in for?

no losses are ever good and they all hurt. However...this was not a must win and the offense played that way. Anyone who assumes that the Falcons O is overrated because of this game...is kidding themselves.

If you think you saw anywhere near the Falcons a-game on O...think again.

Now see, I would take issue with that. If we scaled down the offense with the attitude that this game was "not a must win" then we might need to look into changing some things with our OC.

In the end I just think the Saints stepped up on D and beat us tonight.

Its just like in 08 when the Falcons made the playoffs. They went on a 3 game winning streak and in my view, burnt out before the Cardinals game. A loss does bring a team back to earth. It stops the twitter wars that Roddy has. It stops a lot of things. The loss lets this team regroup themselves and get better at where they need too before play off time.