This game was a bit of a bummer.

Peyton

But....oh well.

The Falcons earned a margin of error, and now they need to use it.

The offense didn't get it done tonight. The lack of playmakers finally caught up with them. Hopefully they will overcome it next week and in the playoffs as they have all this season.

On that front, have to give credit to the Saints defense. They overmatched the Falcons offense tonight, and by a wide margin.

BVG and the Falcons defense deserve credit, despite the game winning drive by the Saints. Those guys played well enough to win this game.........easily. Would have been nice if they could have tackled Brees better though.....only criticism I have.

The officials made a couple of big mistakes that hurt the Falcons. The offsetting calls involving Roddy White early in the game was a bogus call....should have been just a call on Greer. How important was it? Who knows.

Turner's fumble and McClure's bad snap were the two key plays in the game. Real unfortunate plays.

I thought Smith should have gone for it at the end. Didn't think the Falcons had a feasible chance at all after they punted. I thought the defense was spent by that point. So.....bummer.

The officials should have reviewed that second down play. Maybe it's not reviewable as a "spot" challenge, but it was definitely reviewable as a "down by contact" challenge. I think that was a mistake in the interpretation of the rules by the officials.

The bottom line is this game won't matter if the Falcons win next week. But I think that winning this week isn't going to be quite as easy as we think it might be.

I do think that Steve Young is right about this team. It's not really that talented....but Matt has them ahead of where they should be with this talent level.

The good news is that everything the Falcons want to achieve is still clearly ahead of them.

But....oh well.

The Falcons earned a margin of error, and now they need to use it.

The offense didn't get it done tonight. The lack of playmakers finally caught up with them. Hopefully they will overcome it next week and in the playoffs as they have all this season.

On that front, have to give credit to the Saints defense. They overmatched the Falcons offense tonight, and by a wide margin.

BVG and the Falcons defense deserve credit, despite the game winning drive by the Saints. Those guys played well enough to win this game.........easily. Would have been nice if they could have tackled Brees better though.....only criticism I have.

The officials made a couple of big mistakes that hurt the Falcons. The offsetting calls involving Roddy White early in the game was a bogus call....should have been just a call on Greer. How important was it? Who knows.

Turner's fumble and McClure's bad snap were the two key plays in the game. Real unfortunate plays.

I thought Smith should have gone for it at the end. Didn't think the Falcons had a feasible chance at all after they punted. I thought the defense was spent by that point. So.....bummer.

The officials should have reviewed that second down play. Maybe it's not reviewable as a "spot" challenge, but it was definitely reviewable as a "down by contact" challenge. I think that was a mistake in the interpretation of the rules by the officials.

The bottom line is this game won't matter if the Falcons win next week. But I think that winning this week isn't going to be quite as easy as we think it might be.

I do think that Steve Young is right about this team. It's not really that talented....but Matt has them ahead of where they should be with this talent level.

The good news is that everything the Falcons want to achieve is still clearly ahead of them.

Bit of a bummer?!?! Understatement. In the grand scheme of things you are correct, but it sux. Defense played so well. Offense did not.

Now we have to listen to the Aint's fans and the idiot falcon posters who are saying things like Turner suck and Mularkey needs to go.

Bit of a bummer?!?! Understatement. In the grand scheme of things you are correct, but it sux. Defense played so well. Offense did not.

Now we have to listen to the Aint's fans and the idiot falcon posters who are saying things like Turner suck and Mularkey needs to go.

Steve Young is right. We are about a year away from a talent standpoint. Need another talent at WR and playmaker

I think it all comes down to having an explosive player in the backfield. Turner is obviously losing his flames. Snelling is a great 3rd down guy. This is why I have been begging for a speed guy in the draft. I have been begging for a speed running back or WR for at least 6 years now. Norwood never sees the field. I was honestly praying for a Dexter Mccluster pick but it was a little early to draft him in the high second round.

Hopefully this Falcon team fills in needs on this team. This team is still a great team but explosive guys need to be on the field

Steve Young is right. We are about a year away from a talent standpoint. Need another talent at WR and playmaker

Yeah, I agree. We need a guy who can run the skinny post correctly and with speed. Jenkins just dosent seem to have the explosive speed I thought he had and HD dosent seem to be able to catch a ball unless it is perfectly thrown everytime.

Gonzo is looking slow, really slow.

The game pisses me off only for the fact that it hurts Ryans home record and it might get into our players heads the next time we play them. I doubt the latter will happen, but its a possibility.

This game could have been what we needed. A loss at this point in the year could be VERY beneficial to us. We needed a very humbling game and this was it. I hope that our mindset was to not unveil all of our schemes and plays this game. Hopefully we have some ideas that we saved.

Good win for the Saints. They deserved it. We didn't deserve the win with McClure and Turners miscues. When something out of the ordinary happens like a pleyrs 1st fumble of the year. That is usually a bad sign in my eyes. From that point on i had a bad feeling about the game.

Yea this offense needs another play-maker besides Roddy White!

This game should have been over when John Abraham got that INT!

I agree. We gotta learn how to put teams away. We let teams hang around too long. We should've went for 4-6 tho.

But we still should win next week for HFA.

It really makes me wonder...

What would have happened if Jerious Norwood had played? That would have changed a lot of the way that we played.

The biggest thing is this: We need to start finding ways to get others (Douglass, Snelling, even TG) more involved in the offense. Once the Saints paid attention to Roddy White the remainder of the game, the offense sputtered.

It kills me that the D played so hard, Only to be let down by basic plays by the Offense. I just hope they destroy the Panthers so we can get the HFA. And that the Playbook gets a FEW pages opened up and dusted off. Hope is not lost, Just some pride....**** this MNF curse.

Exactly. I was (prematurely, I know) punching my ticket to HFA after Abe's INT. Just unacceptable for the O to do nothing with all the gifts our D gave them tonight.

We'll make corrections.

But it really stings.

I agree this game was quite a bummer. I've said it over and over ever since the first game but I stopped talking because we were winning and people got tired of me complaining after wins. as I've said time & time again, I think we do the have a very talented team but they're being contained. it's cool to have a ball control team team and everything but we've got some speed in Harry, Weems, & Roddy. we've got some sure hands in TG & Finneran. we got some powerful runners in Snelling & Turner but unless we're in the no-huddle there's no imagination. sometimes you gotta take the car out on the track and step on the gas, we've yet to really unleash the weapons we have on offense. I doubt if New Orleans even watched tape of us last week. they already know what to expect and they play accordingly. hats off to the defense though. they stepped up big time but they got winded down the stretch.

Good post peyton,

Much like the Pitt game, Ryan had about half a dozen throws he had to make that he didn't.

If he'd connected with HD on either one of the two passes he threw on the last two drives, game is much different.

White, Jenkins, Gonzo all dropped catchable balls, Turner fumbled and McClure muffed the snap. Ryan played it safe when he should have gone for it, about 6 missed sacks on Brees, including a safety.

Bottom line is Brees made the plays, Ryan didn't.

Now, they need to stomp the panthers, rst up and win a playoff game.

Yea this offense needs another play-maker besides Roddy White!

This game should have been over when John Abraham got that INT!

I STRONGLY agree, our offense didnt show up today. Ryan wasnt to bad, couple dropped balls here and there. Was hoping he would come alive and live up to his nick name in the 4th quarter but hey you win some you lose some :(

Yeah, I agree. We need a guy who can run the skinny post correctly and with speed. Jenkins just dosent seem to have the explosive speed I thought he had and HD dosent seem to be able to catch a ball unless it is perfectly thrown everytime.

Gonzo is looking slow, really slow.

On a few plays, Harry Douglas allowed the CB to get underneath...Didnt flatten the route..Oh well

Passing game was not that bad...no rushing was the problem. Still don't understand why Smitty punted.

Sometimes you have to just make a few plays in the passing game without the benefit of a running game, and last night the Falcons were just bottled up.

Yeah......that punt sure felt like giving up to me.

I agree with Peyton's first post about those 2 fundamental mistakes that lost us the game. However another HUGE reason we lost is because NO took us out of our mainstay: Time Of Posession.

The offense went 3 and out too much and although the D played well, late in the 4th they just ran out of gas.

Also, I love Weems but dude needs to be disciplined on his punt/kick decisions. He let too many bounce along. Also on a kick return, he picked the ball up when he should have let it go out of bounds. we could have had it at the 40

i came out of this game seeing what i wanted to see and that was the defense stepping up their game. it sucks we lost and give credit to the saints for stepping up on defense as well, but i've been worried about our defense being the achilles heel. last night they showed me they can play at the level they need to in order to move us along in the playoffs.

i didn't like seeing the saints stack eight in the box all game, especially on first downs, and us not attack it down the field. i don't think their corners can hold up one on one against our guys, and when we attacked them, we were productive at times. i don't think we attacked it enough. if we see them again, we'll take advantage of it.

i hate losing, especially to that team, but losing in the manner we did is not the end of the world. had they come in and had their way with us, i'd be climbing the walls today. they didn't. this game had the flow of the first game in the sense that one team dominated the tempo of the entire game and almost lost in the end. the first game it was us who dominated the tempo. last night it was them. third downs, third downs, third downs!