In his 3rd year Matt Ryan has maxed out in Mularkey's scheme...

Gimmesomo!!!

Did we all notice how well Ryan threw out of the shotgun? Why do we never utilize Turner in the pass game? Harry Douglas isn't gonna catch a 25 yard strike if he hasn't caught a 5 yard 'gimme' yet? Why was the ball not in Roddy's hands in the 2nd Half? MULARKEY'S FUTURE CAN NOT BE WITH THE FALCONS...

Have to agree losing 17-14 this loss in on the offense....

Did we all notice how well Ryan threw out of the shotgun? Why do we never utilize Turner in the pass game? Harry Douglas isn't gonna catch a 25 yard strike if he hasn't caught a 5 yard 'gimme' yet? Why was the ball not in Roddy's hands in the 2nd Half? MULARKEY'S FUTURE CAN NOT BE WITH THE FALCONS...

Have to agree losing 17-14 this loss in on the offense....

So what should we do Mr. Expert? Get rid of him, and start all over again? Perhaps it would be wiser to keep building on what we have. We just had an 8 game winning streak snapped by a three point loss. Oh, and the number 1 offense in the NFL was not that sharp either. Maybe New Orleans should fired their OC.

So what should we do Mr. Expert? Get rid of him, and start all over again? Perhaps it would be wiser to keep building on what we have. We just had an 8 game winning streak snapped by a three point loss. Oh, and the number 1 offense in the NFL was not that sharp either. Maybe New Orleans should fired their OC.

Yes, get rid of him or let him move along towards a HC position! Of course we could use more explosive players on offense but can we blame Matt Ryan for not drawing up more explosive PLAYS altogether? Where do we utilize our strengths? 85% of this entire fanbase (even the p/t football-newbies) has had a first-hand observation of our EXTREME lack of EXPLOSIVE PLAYS! Guess who switched up that m/o tonite? THE DEFENSE...Guess who didn't? The offense! The main thing that seperates Ryan from Brady is Playcalling in my opinion...

and even moreso, sticking with this "Vanilla Scheme" may actually hurt Ryan in the long-run and limit his development rather than saying: "Hey, I know we are a run first team but today IT'S UP TO YOU!!!" That's what creates legendary QBs like Brees, Manning, & Favre...

Over reacting to a good game that didnt go our way for once. Mike Mularky is a good offensive coordinator but even bill belechick gets a couple wrong every now and then. ( 2007 superbowl)

In this case i really think you have to give Greg Williams some credit, he had a very good defensive plan to stop turner and didnt let the falcons convert the third downs we usualy do.

Our game plan from an offensive standpoint was to do what won us 8 straight games and thats what we tried to do. It just didnt work this time :(

Our defensive gameplan however was pretty stellar in my opinion. We had good pressure just needed to get drew down at some points.

Mark my words this team will learn from this and so will mularky. Guys wer 12-3 rite now and we lost to a really good team that was extremely hungry. Dont go out and try to cut the guys head off ater he put us in this position.

what happened to the pittsburg mularkey. i hope they are saving it all for the superbowl, because man its very vanilla. i have yet to see a trick play, and the dude was known for his trick plays. they used to call him inspector gadget.

Many Steelers told me that they loved Mularkey in the beginning but after a few years his offense becomes way too predictable.

what happened to the pittsburg mularkey. i hope they are saving it all for the superbowl, because man its very vanilla. i have yet to see a trick play, and the dude was known for his trick plays. they used to call him inspector gadget.

Mularkey's job is to create the offense that his head coach wants to run. Mike Smith wants a conservative, ball control offense. Mularkey has clearly has shown in the past that he can run various other types of offenses as well...but he has a job to do and that's listen to the boss.

It's hilarious how some of you guys blame Mularkey for not throwing deep. Guess what? On most plays, there IS a deep read. Ryan just doesn't throw them the ball.

Edited by bigalbinodonky

Over reacting to a good game that didnt go our way for once. Mike Mularky is a good offensive coordinator but even bill belechick gets a couple wrong every now and then. ( 2007 superbowl)

In this case i really think you have to give Greg Williams some credit, he had a very good defensive plan to stop turner and didnt let the falcons convert the third downs we usualy do.

Our game plan from an offensive standpoint was to do what won us 8 straight games and thats what we tried to do. It just didnt work this time :(

Our defensive gameplan however was pretty stellar in my opinion. We had good pressure just needed to get drew down at some points.

Mark my words this team will learn from this and so will mularky. Guys wer 12-3 rite now and we lost to a really good team that was extremely hungry. Dont go out and try to cut the guys head off ater he put us in this position.

I almost totally agree with you on this...it just makes me scratch my head when the Defense turns it up a notch but the Offense doesn't...

Honestly? Do you see Matt Ryan becoming as good as he can possibly be within Mularkey's scheme? Because I don't.

I almost totally agree with you on this...it just makes me scratch my head when the Defense turns it up a notch but the Offense doesn't...

Honestly? Do you see Matt Ryan becoming as good as he can possibly be within Mularkey's scheme? Because I don't.

I think Mularkey is a good OC but I don't think Ryan will maximize his potential under him. Similar to Vick under Dan Reeves and Greg Knapp vs Andy Reid / Marty Mornhinweg (not to that extent though).

Yes, get rid of him or let him move along towards a HC position! Of course we could use more explosive players on offense but can we blame Matt Ryan for not drawing up more explosive PLAYS altogether? Where do we utilize our strengths? 85% of this entire fanbase (even the p/t football-newbies) has had a first-hand observation of our EXTREME lack of EXPLOSIVE PLAYS! Guess who switched up that m/o tonite? THE DEFENSE...Guess who didn't? The offense! The main thing that seperates Ryan from Brady is Playcalling in my opinion...

and even moreso, sticking with this "Vanilla Scheme" may actually hurt Ryan in the long-run and limit his development rather than saying: "Hey, I know we are a run first team but today IT'S UP TO YOU!!!" That's what creates legendary QBs like Brees, Manning, & Favre...

What, lack of balance? I guess you are also pointing our the 3 of the top five in interceptions. They throw the ball 50 plus times a game. All of them will play bad when under pressure, and then will play good also.

I couldn't help but why wonder why, when mcclure messed up that snap, he just stood there and looked at the ball and sorta backed away. Was that to protect himself from injury? I would think most quarterbacks would try to recover it.

Edited by ray6072

I couldn't help but why wonder why, when mcclure messed up that snap, he just stood there and looked at the ball and sorta backed away. Was that to protect himself from injury? I would think most quarterbacks would try to recover it.

he was probably thinking "did he seriously just do that" like the rest of us were.

I can't blame the OC for all the troubles of the offense. Mike Smith has a say in what he wants the offense to do which is play conservative and keep the chains moving, not throw the opposing defense off-balance.

When he was with the Steelers they were known for the "gadget" plays and I haven't seen none of that since he's been here. So I'm looking at the head coach since it's his team he's running not the offensive coordinator.

Another thing is that there are some deep routes drawn in but Matt doesn't take those shots when he has time with 1-on-1 coverage. it seems like he will go up top until after he passes the opponents 30 which is super weak in my opinion.

Basically what I'm saying is you have to look at the head coach and the qb's decisions throwing the ball as well than throwing all the fault on the OC.

You should be blaming Matt Ryan for most of those. He's the guy that actually throws the ball in accordance to what the defense is giving him...Mularkey isn't telling him not to throw to Roddy in the 2nd half.

WTF? Matt Ryan is only playing the cards he was dealt with. You say who throws, but who design the offensive scheme. Not Ryan. Only thing MM does is pound Turner up the middle 2 times and dish out play call for the pass. That's going to catch up to the Falcons if they don't change this SH*T admittedly. Just like tonights game. Where heading into the playoffs for Crying out loud!!!

Edited by The Birds are the truth

This showed the Falcons needs on offense... they really need a WR that can stretch the field. Also a speed RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield, we really need those added dimensions to take this offense to the next level.

You've hit the nail on the head with both of those needs! It's too bad that Norwood is so injury prone, but man we need a receiver that can out run 90% of the DBs in this league. It's also too bad that Vincent Jackson can't seem to to enjoy the occasional alocholic refreshment without getting behind the wheel and blowing over (he would be the best WR to complement Roddy).

The one thing I'll pin 100% of the blame on Mularkey for? PLAY-ACTION!!! Had we thrown in a consistent play-action pattern in this game......??? THAT is what makes me doubt Mularkey's future with this team and our Future Hall-of-Fame QB...

We should have used play action on the 1 yard line. Everyone in the world knows Turner is getting the ball. The FB's are good options too but never get the ball. Turner is too slow. We need a speed back on the team too. Let's face it, the offense lost this one but GIVE THE REST OF THE CREDIT TO THE OFFICIATING. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE ON THE SAME PLAY.

I think people need to understand the difference between having big plays and being creative in the passing game and even in the running game. I could care less about the big plays happening every game, I am more concerned about who the plays are drawn up and how the route combinations really ATTACK the defense. We run no rub routes, no pick plays, no jerk routes, no post corner post routes. We do not have alot of creativity from a play design perspective. Ask anyone from another team who ACTUALLY watches the game, they say we are VERY predictable..