Where do they go from here ?

PapaJoe

Watch the 49ers...

they can hire Harbaugh from Stanford,

trade for the #1 pick from Carolina

a. who WILL NOT want to pay a #1

b. needs multiple picks that the #1 would get them in return

c. allow them to take a QB with a lower pick

... then have Luck (the NEXT real Franchise/can't miss QB) declare and draft him #1.

If I were San Fran I would offer my #1 and #2 for the Panthers #1.

steep price to pay.

This isn't a bad idea although I will say I don't think Harbaugh leaves Stanford.

Harbaugh will JUMP head over heels to the NFL if he is offered the right team and city and $$$. If a team is smart they will "package" their approach to get him and Luck at #1.

I don't believe for a split-second that Luck stays "on the Farm!" Let's see... <_< come out now and make $50 Mil gauranteed.... Orrrrrrrrr, stay another year and very likely see my pay drop to under 10 Mil, maybe even under 5 Mil. And that's before I even think about the injury risk issue :rolleyes:

Luck is an absolute stud QB. Barring bad luck (pun-eee :lol: ) he will be an instant upgrade and franchise QB for any of about 15 teams that go get him.

And Harbaugh WANTS to coach at NFL level... not remain in college.

Edited by m2Falcons

Harbaugh will JUMP head over heels to the NFL if he is offered the right team and city and $$$

And Harbaugh WANTS to coach at NFL level... not remain in college.

what leads you to believe this?

In EVERY interview I've seen and heard he says he loves college and the young men and he wants to be at 1 school for a long time (like his Dad)

what leads you to believe this?

In EVERY interview I've seen and heard he says he loves college and the young men and he wants to be at 1 school for a long time (like his Dad)

WHAT would you expect a smart man to say in his position??!! :rolleyes:

Do a "Mora" :o and start blabbing about his dream job somewhere else... if he says ANYTHING diff at all then he would never hear the end of it (career suicide) from his fanbase and the $$$-base at Stanford.

He is a massive COMPETITOR and knows:

1. remng at Stanford is not gonna' get him multiple National Championships

2. he WANTS to compete on the biggest stage/highest level (= NFL) and prove he's got what it takes to succeed THERE!!

WHAT would you expect a smart man to say in his position??!! :rolleyes:

Do a "Mora" :o and start blabbing about his dream job somewhere else... if he says ANYTHING diff at all then he would never hear the end of it (career suicide) from his fanbase and the $$$-base at Stanford.

He is a massive COMPETITOR and knows:

1. remng at Stanford is not gonna' get him multiple National Championships

2. he WANTS to compete on the biggest stage/highest level (= NFL) and prove he's got what it takes to succeed THERE!!

all valid points but he could have easily left that part out about staying there long term or about loving the college games.

He could have said

1. I'd prefer just to focus on this year.

2. I respect the nfl but i will continue to do what i always do which is focus on year to year.

all valid points but he could have easily left that part out about staying there long term or about loving the college games.

He could have said

1. I'd prefer just to focus on this year.

2. I respect the nfl but i will continue to do what i always do which is focus on year to year.

say anything like THAT and you are still saying you aren't 100% enthused and committed to Stanford.... it's a game. Only morons (Moraons) don't play it well. The real talk happens away from the microphones.