We all know Atlanta traffic sucks...

ATLFalcon36

I'd love for you guys to post your probably lengthy list of traffic/driving horror stories while living in GA. I've been working on this site, and yes it is along the same lines as FML, ranting about driving is something most people I know like to partake in. I'm not trying to spam or sell anything necessarily just want your stories. Let me know what you think (There's live traffic info on there too).

EffTraffic.Com

born and raised in ATL. I watched traffic start at 5pm and end at 5:30pm growing up. downtown was a ghost town during weekends. this place was truly "southern hospitality". but not always perfect.

i left ATL in 2003 to Minnesota and now in Portland and i dont miss the traffic at all.

come to portland and the traffic is light (#1 in 50 states). but the thing that still baffles me is that everyone drives 55-60 mph. i will past everyone if i went 70mph. the drivers are much better here even with cali just south.

My worst nightmare was in Snow Jam 82. That's the one that hit all of a sudden at 2pm before everyone was released from school and work. It was a disaster.

I got on I-285 WB at Chamblee Dunwoody. It took four hours to get to Roswell Rd from there. I got off at Roswell Rd and said screw this I'll check into a hotel. All rooms were sold out and all lobbies were standing room only. The last hotel I checked had people smashed up against the glass doors.

So I get back on I-285 WB headed for I-20 EB and the Hightower Rd (Holmes exit). It took five more hours from Roswell Rd for a grand total one way trip of nine hours!

I was driving a VW beetle and with that engine in the back over the drive train I was pretty much the only one who could handle the ice patches. It was brutal though. Anybody else get caught up in SJ82?

My worst nightmare was in Snow Jam 82. That's the one that hit all of a sudden at 2pm before everyone was released from school and work. It was a disaster.

I got on I-285 WB at Chamblee Dunwoody. It took four hours to get to Roswell Rd from there. I got off at Roswell Rd and said screw this I'll check into a hotel. All rooms were sold out and all lobbies were standing room only. The last hotel I checked had people smashed up against the glass doors.

So I get back on I-285 WB headed for I-20 EB and the Hightower Rd (Holmes exit). It took five more hours from Roswell Rd for a grand total one way trip of nine hours!

I was driving a VW beetle and with that engine in the back over the drive train I was pretty much the only one who could handle the ice patches. It was brutal though. Anybody else get caught up in SJ82?

I remember Snow Jam 82 because it was the only time I ever spent the night at school. That snow storm came out of no where, and my parents could not get to the school to pick me up because they were stranded at work. And the school buses could not navigate the hill that our school was located on due to white-out conditions. I think there were about 100 of us students and a few faculty where stranded at school over night without food and heat. Early the next morning the county used vans with chains on the tires to take some (including me) home while others where taken to a nearby hospital to wait to be picked up.