Philly all over again... Saints win big

ThunderCookie

Here comes the same situation. Over confident and all fired up. Too much fire and not enough focus. Falcons hit quicksand early, and by the time they calm down it is too late.

This doesn't take anything away from the Saints, but it will take a close game to blow out. The Falcons excel when they are focused and mistake free. They have as much, if not more, heart than any team in the league.

But the Eagles gashed them with trick plays because the defense lost its discipline, and everyone went flying to where they thought the ball might be and not where it was. The offense got bogged down and it took 10 minutes too long to find the sense of urgency needed.

I would love to walk out of the Dome as NFCS Champs tonight, but I just don't see it happening.

Here comes the same situation. Over confident and all fired up. Too much fire and not enough focus. Falcons hit quicksand early, and by the time they calm down it is too late.

This doesn't take anything away from the Saints, but it will take a close game to blow out. The Falcons excel when they are focused and mistake free. They have as much, if not more, heart than any team in the league.

But the Eagles gashed them with trick plays because the defense lost its discipline, and everyone went flying to where they thought the ball might be and not where it was. The offense got bogged down and it took 10 minutes too long to find the sense of urgency needed.

I would love to walk out of the Dome as NFCS Champs tonight, but I just don't see it happening.

WOW...never figured you to be one to lose faith,especially when we are at home this time...hope your wrong,and i think you are B)

Mularkey shat the bed as I expected. You can complain all you want about the refs in the first half, but runs up the middle against a 10 man front proves MM is a special needs student at best.

MM+GW= 0 excuses

Well it wasn't Philly all over again. The Falcons went up against a tough foe, play poorly and still had a shot at winning. Not bad for the best team in the NFC!