Thoughts on the NFC South

McMVP

Hope you Falcon fans are enjoying the Holidays...

I just got done listening to the Mark Dominik (Bucs GM) interview on Sirius NFL radio and it got me thinking about the NFC South in general. For the purpose of this thread, please ignore my sig...as I'm just too lazy to update it. The NFC East division is no longer a Beast. There are a couple solid teams, but also a very disfunctional franchise, and a grossly underachieving one as well.

This is the year of the NFC South in the NFC...at least so far. Tonight's game is a heavyweight fight...22 combined wins on the field together. I can't wait to see it. And then there are the Bucs..they are still alive in the playoff race going into week 17. Mark Dominik said something that blew my mind. The Bucs had 15 rookies play a part in their win yesterday. That's 1/3 of their active gameday roster :o ...just incredible. They've suffered the injury bug big time (especially recently)...but that's a very solid young team on the rise.

Both the Falcons and the Saints are firmly in the NFL elite...and should be for several years. They both have franchise QBs that have a lot of tread on the tires (Flacons more so, but I can see Brees playing for a while too). Their Ds are solid enough as well...and improving (especially Atlanta's). But above all they have it in the coaching dpartment.

The Panthers are also extremely young...but, unlike the Bucs, they don't have a very promising young QB and they have made unwise personnel decisions (letting Peppers just walk was just insane). But one team's faults doesn't wholly diminish a division's overall strength.

As for the game tonight....good luck on the injury front...but I can't wish you too much good luck for the win. I'll be rooting for the Saints tonight...even though I expect Atlanta to prevail. As long as it's mathematically possible (though near impossible) for my boys to get the #1 seed, I have to root for that B)

Well thanks for your insight. Yes the NFC South is definitely an up and coming divison. The Bucs are going to be scary good next year IMHO, and the Saints will continue to be a force with Brees and Peyton at the helm. I think our franchise will be a solid contender with the excellent front office and coaching staff we have calling the shots, and Matt Ryan continuing to gain experience.

While some don't agree with me, I REALLY don't want to face you guys in the playoffs. For whatever reason (maybe Andy Reid?), we have not fared well against you guys for many years, even when Vick was our QB. Now he is your QB and he has vastly improved. We already have struggled this year with QBs running out of the pocket, so I think Vick will just kill us myself. Plus he seems to be carrying a grudge for some reason I cannot understand at all. But if so, a fired up Vick motivating the rest of your very good team makes them the scariest opponent in the NFC IMHO.

Anyways GOOD LUCK to you guys in your playoff hunt except IF we meet you again. :D

Good Games and please NO INJURIES to anyone.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Well thanks for your insight. Yes the NFC South is definitely an up and coming divison. The Bucs are going to be scary good next year IMHO, and the Saints will continue to be a force with Brees and Peyton at the helm. I think our franchise will be a solid contender with the excellent front office and coaching staff we have calling the shots, and Matt Ryan continuing to gain experience.

While some don't agree with me, I REALLY don't want to face you guys in the playoffs. For whatever reason (maybe Andy Reid?), we have not fared well against you guys for many years, even when Vick was our QB. Now he is your QB and he has vastly improved. We already have struggled this year with QBs running out of the pocket, so I think Vick will just kill us myself. Plus he seems to be carrying a grudge for some reason I cannot understand at all. But if so, a fired up Vick motivating the rest of your very good team makes them the scariest opponent in the NFC IMHO.

Anyways GOOD LUCK to you guys in your playoff hunt except IF we meet you again. :D

Good Games and please NO INJURIES to anyone.

I think I can understand your point of view...but I feel the opposite. I'd rather not face the Falcons. I know it's what most fans (generally speaking) want to see...but not me.

It's not because of the match-up...I think I like the Eagles in that area. It's that I'm a believer in karma...and I think Atlanta is due more rewards in that area when it comes down to them and Vick.

Vick has already received his positive rewards for his time served and his rebound in life...and he'll get more later. The Falcons haven't been paid back fully for all that.

I know this has zero to do with the actual game if it's played...I'd just rather the Eagles take another path if possible.

I know you aren't around as much as you used to be but would you mind teaching some of the fans from other teams what it means to be an opposing fan, yet reasonable at the same time?

Thanks and +1 because even though I dislike the Eagles more than any other team outside of the NFC South, you're alright!

I don't want to see the Eagles in the Playoffs and it isn't because of Shocky McDogtodeath.

That whole situation has just convinced me that reporters don't know the definition of "Redemption".

It is because of the Walrus.

The Walrus has our number.

At some point in time, he got a microphone planted in BVG's office.

I know you aren't around as much as you used to be but would you mind teaching some of the fans from other teams what it means to be an opposing fan, yet reasonable at the same time?

Thanks and +1 because even though I dislike the Eagles more than any other team outside of the NFC South, you're alright!

Thanks...I appreciate it B)