Playoff break down

matty72780

Ok so if win tonight or next week we lock up #1 seed with home field throughout the playoffs which is obviously priority #1. We need to Bears to beat the Packers so they can lock up the #2 seed. The Eagles need to lose 1 out of these next 2 (Viking, Cowboys)so they get the #3 seed. The only possibility of us playing the #3 seed would be in the NFC championship. If the Eagles do get the #3 seed they will play the Saints in the first round in Philly, we will play the lowest winning seed in the 2nd round (4,5,or 6). If the Eagles beat the Saints they will face the Bears at Soldier field.

The playoffs aren’t a traditional bracket, we would play the lowest seed which would be amazing if Seattle or St. Louis could somehow win in the first round then come to ATL.

These playoffs scenario’s make my head hurt, geesh... WE DAT!!!!

The Eagles can win out and still be the #3 seed as long as Chicago beats Green Bay. If the Eagles lose one game and Chicago loses to GB, Chicago is still the #2.

Now, more than likely New Orleans is the #5 seed which means they go to either Seattle or St. Louis, not Philly. GB or Giants will be the #6 going to Philly. Tampa also has an outside shot. So basically we'll either get New Orleans or Green Bay or Giants in the 2nd round. Chances are, we'll see New Orleans and Philly goes to Chicago.

I agree with one thing you said. The #1 seed is the top priority. After that, we shouldnt be afraid of anyone. We are a great team too dammit, those teams should be scared to come to ATL.

Bottom line is, there's going to be a good team coming into ATL in round 2 barring Seattle or St Louis pulling off an upset. Green Bay, New Orleans, Chicago and Philly are all very good teams. But I've got to believe we'd have an advantage over any of them.

In 2008 Tennessee started off 10-0, put a beat-down on the Steelers in week 16, and finished up 13-3 with the #1 seed. They were really feeling good about themselves.

Steelers were the #2 seed.

Dolphins #3 seed.

The Chargers finished up 8-8 and were the #4 seed.

Colts #5 seed.

The 11-5 Ravens were a #6 seed.

The Ravens beat the Dolphins.

The 8-8 Chargers beat the Colts.

Tennessee ended up getting the Ravens instead of the Chargers because the Ravens were a lower seed based on this current system.

The Chargers went to Pittsburgh.

The Super Bowl aspirations of Tennessee died when they lost to the Ravens while the Steelers cruised past the mediocre Chargers.

I just hope the Falcons don't get screwed with a bad matchup due to a poor #4 seeded team in the playoffs.

I wouldnt crown the NO saints with a playoff spot yet. If we beat them tonight, they play a good Tempa Bay team that is running wild with Blunt. We all know what Rice did to the Aints so Tempa is more then capable of beating the Aints.

This. If the Saints fail to win a game, they'll be hoping the Skins can beat the Giants, or they'll be going home for good. I'm not ready to say they have it locked up.

I wouldnt crown the NO saints with a playoff spot yet. If we beat them tonight, they play a good Tempa Bay team that is running wild with Blunt. We all know what Rice did to the Aints so Tempa is more then capable of beating the Aints.

Only problem with Tampa is they haven't beaten a winning team all year, and its in No. I don't see that happening , but u never know