Carolina clinches #1 pick

Kaptain Krazy

DEN and CIN wins give Panthers a 2-game lead with 1 to play.

other than the pride of 3-13 instead of 2-14, CAR has little to play for. ATL should deliver the KO quickly and let the starters rest.

I think the back ups have a good chance of beating the anyway and that would give them some good reps for the playoffs, GO BIRDS

Didn't the league say they were going to offer some kind of incentive this season, for teams to play their starters even when nothing is on the line? I remember it being brought up last year when the Colts gave that game to the Jets. People were pissed, and the league responded. I'm going to the Carolina game on the 2nd, I'm hoping the starters play, but I'm not holding my breath. I am hoping however, that the merchandise will be on sale like it was last year :D

Edit, BTW, I don't know if its really that good of an idea to give the starters 2 weeks off before a playoff game. Thoughts?

Edited by DirtyBirdKert

If the Falcons beat the Saints on Monday night (Dec. 27) the Birds will have everything wrapped-up – NFC South Championship, Playoff berth, first week playoff bye, home field advantage throughout. Since neither team will have any real incentive to exert themselves, the Panthers-Falcons game won't even be on the level of a pre-season game. I expect tickets will be available.

they will play for pride, and now that the #1 pick is in the bag they have nothing to lose if they WIN!!!

Exactly, if the team had been playing to get the #1 pick the last couple of weeks, they don't have to do that anymore & they can go out with a bang this year by beating the NFC Champs. No reason not to expect Carologic to roll over & die like Vick did against them a few years ago.

If we win tomorrow, I believe that Carolina will rest everyone and evaluate. Otherwise, they would try to play spoiler.

Are you insane? They are professionals. They have some sort of pride: coaches AND players. We may well roflstomp them due to vastly superior talent, but they are unlikely to quit, evaluate third-stringers, or play for a better draft position (even if that were still a consideration). They will try their very best to win that game. We bloody well better do likewise.

Are you insane? They are professionals. They have some sort of pride: coaches AND players. We may well roflstomp them due to vastly superior talent, but they are unlikely to quit, evaluate third-stringers, or play for a better draft position (even if that were still a consideration). They will try their very best to win that game. We bloody well better do likewise.

No, not insane. I just know that if we have nothing to play for, then they will be looking forward to next season. They don't know who the QB will be, or if they may draft one. The running back are getting banged up every year. Maybe they will try to make Fox look decent on his way out. They are not far from playing backups already. If their fans continue to do as they did in our last game with them. Then I know what team LA may be getting.