rooting for packers

millenium falcon

The Giants are in the number 6 spot if the playoffs ended today. Number 6 plays Number 3, the Eagles and we play the winner of that game.

I'm watching this picture because, do we want the Eagles eliminated by the best team. Greenbay Might be a better match up for the Eagles if everything falls the way it does now.

To be honest, I think we want the Giants to win this one. They are more capable of beating the Eagles since they let it slip twice already. I doubt they let it happen a third. The Packers don't have a running game but have a very solid defense and they already beat them before in Philly.

But the main thing is we need the Bears to beat the Packers next week to make sure the Eagles have to go on the road. We know the Eagles first game will be at home but the game after that would be on the road to somewhere cold if the Bears hold on. I would rather see a showdown of the Giants banging on the Eagles then they have to play the Bears.

Also, since it is hard for teams to beat teams 3 times in one season, if the Giants beat the Eagles, we face them instead of the Saints and the Bears get the Saints at home and we know how that goes...

Also, since it is hard for teams to beat teams 3 times in one season, if the Giants beat the Eagles, we face them instead of the Saints and the Bears get the Saints at home and we know how that goes...

This part right here would be like the luckiest if it happens.

This part right here would be like the luckiest if it happens.

But it is very possible. That's the thing. The Giants are very capable of beating the Eagles. They are just as likely to beat themselves in the process though. That's the hard part. But I would love beating the Saints 3 times in one season. Those are the worst bandwagon fans ever.

The Giants are in the number 6 spot if the playoffs ended today. Number 6 plays Number 3, the Eagles and we play the winner of that game.

I'm watching this picture because, do we want the Eagles eliminated by the best team. Greenbay Might be a better match up for the Eagles if everything falls the way it does now.

That's simply not true. As the number 1 seed, we'll play the lower seated team regardless. If it's #6 (Giants) then so be it. But if Philly wins, they'll have to go on the road to Chicago to play (and we all saw what happened last time they had to do that).

That's simply not true. As the number 1 seed, we'll play the lower seated team regardless. If it's #6 (Giants) then so be it. But if Philly wins, they'll have to go on the road to Chicago to play (and we all saw what happened last time they had to do that).

I must be reading it wrong. If you go to NFL.COM, click the standings link and choose Playoff picture, it will say what would happen if the playoff ended today.

[The playoff picture just changed now as of 8:07, GB is in the spot now. I was making my case before the GB game]

Edited by manfam

This sets up quite nicely for us. GB and probably NO get the wild cards but with the Bears winning they're likely to get the 2 seed. Meaning that Philly will face the Saints or the Packers in the 1st round.

I like it...

Almost....

Assuming Philly wins out (although they have to play Dallas the last week of the season on short rest playing on Tuesday night and Dallas is well rested from playing Saturday) they will be 12-4. It seems an all likelihood that GB will beat CHI the last game of the season, which mean Philly gets the first round bye, but again all likelihood will play GB, NO, CHI in the second round instead of the first (depending how the wild card shapes out, they could miss out on GB and/or NO altogether if one of them is the 6 seed or eliminated by then)

Almost....

Assuming Philly wins out (although they have to play Dallas the last week of the season on short rest playing on Tuesday night and Dallas is well rested from playing Saturday) they will be 12-4. It seems an all likelihood that GB will beat CHI the last game of the season, which mean Philly gets the first round bye, but again all likelihood will play GB, NO, CHI in the second round instead of the first (depending how the wild card shapes out, they could miss out on GB and/or NO altogether if one of them is the 6 seed or eliminated by then)

True, I forgot that GB and Chicago have to meet again and if Chicago loses and Philly wins Philly would have the better record.

I like our chances against any team since we will be at home, however, I'd prefer Giants over Packers. We beat the Pack mostly because they were 1 dimensional. Realistically, we are not a team that defends the pass well. Rodgers could shred us a new one, especially if they are hot. The Giants have been inconsistent all year. They may show up & beat Philly in Round 1 of playoffs & then they could drop off to oblivion. Eli also has a penchant of giving the ball away this year.