your second sentence doesn't validate the first. i agree that the game won't affect whether Falcons are #1 seed, but who ends up coming to the Dome and where they're coming from is VERY consequential. and these games determine that.

i'm rooting as a Falcons fan and here's what i want to happen:

CHI wins out, #2 seed

NYG wins and gets #6 seed, travels to PHI

SEA wins the West.

that would mean:

1) NO travels the farthest possible for their 1st rd game, playing outside in (hopefully) bad weather, creating most difficult path for them.

2) NYG beats up on PHI. not crucial that NYG wins, ESPECIALLY if SEA pulled the upset (would want PHI and SEA to win in that combo).

3) PHI would have to travel to CHI, two games outdoors vs physical Ds, best chance for them to get worn down.

imo, NO and PHI are the two NFC teams most likely to beat ATL in the Dome. i'm rooting for scenarios where those teams have to work hard to get to the Dome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we won't clinch home field unless we win one of our last two.

If that is correct this game has meaning. We want NYJ to win.

I think there is a scenario where the Bears can get the 1st seed.

Either way there is a good chance we will have to play them. They are playing playoff caliber ball right now.

True, but my point was that the Falcons WILL undoubtedly win one of their last two.

More than likely but that hasn't been done yet. The Monday Night game is a toss up.

CAR has a good defense and Fox could come in here and try that Weinke run 45 times BS and beat us. They are known for winning game 16 and knocking NFC South opponents down a notch.

I don't pencil in wins. This is the NFL. Any given Sunday is so true.

I still say we need to pull for the Jets. We need to pull for several teams until we win one more game.

More than likely but that hasn't been done yet. The Monday Night game is a toss up.

CAR has a good defense and Fox could come in here and try that Weinke run 45 times BS and beat us. They are known for winning game 16 and knocking NFC South opponents down a notch.

I don't pencil in wins. This is the NFL. Any given Sunday is so true.

I still say we need to pull for the Jets. We need to pull for several teams until we win one more game.

Well all I can say about that game is....if the Falcons need it and lose, then they deserve what they get.